User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By TaniaD
  • 5 Post By MortgageQueen
  • 1 Post By Mich649
  • 1 Post By francine1985

Thread: Work is interrupting my savings!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I discovered how couponing could really be done with this forum when I was on mat leave. I'm back at work now and find it impossible to juggle 3 kids, working full time and the energy/mind power to organize myself to use coupons. It's so frustrating that I know I could be saving more money but I don't have the time I used to!! Any tips from other busy lifers?? I still use flyers and price match so at least I save money that way. I don't have time at work to check online for new coupons during the day, then in the evenings I have 1-2 hours after kids go to bed to do everything I need to get done....I'm too exhausted by the end of that to be able to concentrate enough to absorb information, ykwim??
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Good Heavens child! You can't do everything!! You're doing just fine. If you have time to use the flyers, you're doing great. Stop and smell the roses and don't get too tied up in knots about the liitle stuff.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ditto^^ to what MortgageQueen said. Oh if I had been doing this coupon thing while trying to raise my 3 I would have lost my mind long ago.
    I say price match at one store, that saves the most time and travel, but the kids and you come first. Enjoy every moment with them now, the coupons will always be there.

Good luck

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I used to think I didn't have time, but I devote a little time each day, or every other day to read SC (10-15 min.). I also changed my coupon organizing method....I used to use a binder, which is sooo much better but so time-consuming. I saw the Etsy bag everyone was talking about on here, and I love it.(you could just use an accordian file, or something similar) Now I just take a little time sunday evening to cut my coupons out and stick them behind the right divider and I'm done. I look at flyers when I get them, make my list on my ipod (which I have with me all the time), and get out whatever coupons I need and have them in the front section of the organizer.I also try to price-match as much as I can at Walmart, to save too much driving around. I also don't stress if I don't get to a sale....family is more important and they need you more and sometime it is worth the extra few cents more you pay for things.
    Last edited by Mich649; Thu, Apr 12th, 2012 at 06:33 AM.
    sarah_300c likes this.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    I used to think I didn't have time, but I devote a little time each day, or every other day to read SC (10-15 min.). I also changed my coupon organizing method....I used to use a binder, which is sooo much better but so time-consuming. I saw the Etsy bag everyone was talking about on here, and I love it.(you could just use an accordian file, or something similar) Now I just take a little time sunday evening to cut my coupons out and stick them behind the right divider and I'm done. I look at flyers when I get them, make my list on my ipod (which I have with me all the time), and get out whatever coupons I need and have them in the front section of the organizer.I also try to price-match as much as I can at Walmart, to save too much driving around. I also don't stress if I don't get to a sale....family is more important and they need you more and sometime it is worth the extra few cents more you pay for things.
    Great tips! I agree to just take a little bit of time to collect coupons when you can. You may not be able to do the same amount of couponing as you did on matt leave, but even a little bit of money saved is a good thing.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i make the time to sign up for coupons and watch sc. i am a stay at home mom but i have been really busy lately running back and forth to different doctors, dieticians, dermatologists, plastic surgeons (after i have my baby i have a mole that needs to be removed and tested just in case)... not to mention that i am constantly exhausted (oh the joys of pregnancy). i make sure that i take the time to make up a list of groceries based on sales and match them up with the coupons. i then send dh (sometimes making him take ds) to go get the groceries and pick up any medications i am running out of (diclectin, diabetic supplies...)

do you have any help at home and if so anyone willing to get the groceries and use coupons for you? It sounds to me like you are trying to do everything yourself. at the end of the day the important thing is that you and your family have everything you need. it really doesn't matter if you had to spend 5$ more to make sure you had time for your kids. (i hope this makes sence i'm not sure i'm explaining my thoughts well)
    Poirot likes this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Thanks for all the ideas and support!! I talked to DH about it and he said that I need to stop stressing about it...it's not like we're going to lose the house if we don't save that extra money on groceries.

Thread Information