User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sweetmomma

Thread: Where are all the tear pads???

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Do we have a tear pad hoarder in London?? I guess you could call this a mini rant....

I the past week I have searched all over the city for some of the new tear pads. I know they only came out late last week, and in less then a week virtually ALL the tear pads have been cleared!!!!!!!!

The biggest disappointments for me included:

Nutrigrain Bars and BLACK DIAMOND CHEESE BARS!!!!!!!! I was lucky enough to find ONE hanging lonely at the Sherwood Forest Metro.

Is everyone following the friendly tear pad etiquette?? Do we have just so many couponers in London that their isn't enough supply??

Has anyone else found an issue lately with finding tear pads? I've never had this much trouble before!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Metro

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I completly agree dani!!! i know my metro schedule and I go there the day they come out after work. I get there and half of them are already empty!!!!!! And she comes between 3-4 and I get done at 7!!!!!
    someone has to be taking tons for that to happen.

I have noticed this over the last few months!
    I guess when you have someone teaching unethical coupon practices this will happen!!
    When there is someone out there literally teching ppl to scam coupons it is bound to happen!
    Not fair to us honest couponers!!

Trading Score
    291 (100%)

I too agree I have gone everywhere ppl say there is coupons to find NONE or at best 1 or 2 left -- I was REALLY REALLY hoping to find the Black diamond ones as the only ones I had expired Mar 31st, and Stagg chilli - WITH NO LUCK ANYWHERE--sorry for ranting as well. However I did go to Sobeys today and was able to get a couple nutrigrains (there was a lot left when I left at 3pm), but I'm not hugely excited about those ones -- if anyone knows where I can find stagg or BD please PM me -- I still follow the local london FB group to hear about when and where coupons are but like I said EVERYTIME I can finally get to them they are gone (which is usually only about 1-2 days after it was posted) ... how the heck is this possible..... BTW off topic is there any plan for a coupon swap in near future...
    MY WISHLIST - (click link below please)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/javamama1974/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I also agree that most locations have had no tearpads for about 2 weeks.
    Even though I have been diligent about checking the most likely spots 3 times a week.

As a newbie, I have been trying to be fair about coupon tearpads by only taking about 3 coupons per tearpad.
    The only exception has been for a very few items, where I found hundreds of coupons on tearpads in multiple locations.
    In that case, I have taken about 10 for immediate use.

Regarding a coupon swap:
    In the past 2-3 weeks, I have offered about 10 occasions for coupon swapping in east London.
    (See posts in this forum)
    I get zero response and no interest.
    I am quite willing to try a couple more times in the next week.
    **I need to hear from people who want a swap, so I can set a time and location.**
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

I agree with you danifish, somebody is taking off all tearpads.
    3 weeks ago(march 28) I went to Metro to buy with my family and I found that surprisily the coupons were already posted, I was excited because not always can find, but at time take a round, I saw that the pads were already empty.... I was looking to get the Astro Yogurt and the Black D Cheese... , but NOTHING!!!! I was at Food Basics, there was a TP From yogurt, but what guess??? EMPTY Too.....
    yesterday SDM White Oaks (south&Jalna) has $3 Advil, Ives, TreseMMe, centrum. I think they posted this week, so hurry if you are around....

People think they are unique....

about the swap, local traders have one monthly since long time ago. you're welcome.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

your not alone there is a thread like this in the Hamilton area and in the rant section : )

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

It's the same in the Woodstock area too. I was gonna check some London stores when I go next week but doesn't sound like I'll have much luck!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't see a single one at Food basics Com and Dev yesterday. I was too tired to look at Freshco Com and Well but I grabbed two nice whole chickens there for 5.95$ each. Some were more scrawny than others but I picked some nice ones. Looking forward to roasted chicken, making broth with the bones, making soup, and chicken sandwiches.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Alright, so it's not just me and everyone seems to be following the coupon "rules".

I have even checked on ebay and kijiji to see if there is a sneaky person trying to sell them.... lol Is it ok to be this irritated???

Amanda4 : that's pretty bad if you of all people aren't finding them!!!!!!

Javamama : I have some Stagg Chili ones if you want some!!!

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Honestly I think its been 2 weeks that I have yet to find ANY tear pads in stores...I can never seem to find them these days. :S
    Redeem $5 Amazon gift cards every week! Just SEARCH & WIN!
    Join Swagbucks:
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/julyprincess

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I think the BD cheese coupons are very sought after and whomever did find them knows they are a "hot commodity". I too rarely find any new coupons and if I do there are only a few left or they are items I am not very interested in.

"Big Brother" is always watching and I hope they get fined by the "coupon police!"
    julyprincess likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    291 (100%)

Danifish thank you so much yes I would love a few stagg chilli -- PM me -- and let me know what you're looking for in trade --
    MY WISHLIST - (click link below please)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/javamama1974/

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've just returned from almost a month in Asia and I was really looking forward to getting back into my coupons. Before I left in March, I was having extreme trouble finding any tear pads (heck,even empty tear pads). Doesn't sound like things have changed.

I remember mrssunshine talking about a coupon swap she found on facebook, it's clear there are a lot of couponers in London, perhaps many many who aren't even on this board. I think there are definite hoarders out there, it's enough to make me give up on tear pads all together.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Thread Information