User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: never being nice to strangers again

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Had extra tix to the green living show in Toronto so tried to give them away outside the show. I encountered some of the rudest people ever. Making faces at me, ignoring me. One lady actually implied my ticket was fake and said she'd rather pay $15 to get in. Dear rude people: sorry I was trying to be nice. I won't do it again. I promise
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    es89 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't give coupons away to total strangers anymore. Not worth my aggravation. I will give them to cashiers who appreciate my coupons and I do cashier profiling so they know me.
    Shwa Girl, torontogal12 and es89 like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

is this a joke?? would really discourage me too.
    es89 likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Seriously?! I would have loved to go! If you say they went to waste or rude, ungrateful people, I'll cry.

Well, if it were me, I'd probably have the opposite effect. You would have been freaked out by the stupid, blathering idiot that kept thanking you over and over while jumping up and down. It would have made my birthday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Seriously, I thought WTH????? Some people wouldn't even let me get 2 words out of my mouth before waving their hands at my face telling me to go away! I am giving you a $15 value for FREE people, and you kick me for doing it? Didn't end up giving the tickets away either.

Incredible.

Couponmummy, I'm gonna follow what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    is this a joke?? would really discourage me too.
    es89 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

people are ridiculous
    torontogal12 and es89 like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My parents had fun and didn't want the tickets to go to waste, so they will go again tomorrow. I wouldn't want a rude person to have them either :S. And happy birthday!

@Krysta Lynne people are absolutely ridiculous. I get that things are "too good to be true" sometimes, but when someone is waving something in your face that is free, and you can walk down a few metres to the ticket booth and pay $15, its pretty dumb to not bother trying. And to imply that the tickets are fake? Why would I make fake tickets just to give them away? lol

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Seriously?! I would have loved to go! If you say they went to waste or rude, ungrateful people, I'll cry.

Well, if it were me, I'd probably have the opposite effect. You would have been freaked out by the stupid, blathering idiot that kept thanking you over and over while jumping up and down. It would have made my birthday.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
    es89 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

honestly I can't believe some people. How ridiculous that people are so jaded that they don't even want to try to get something free or a good deal.

Good for you for trying to do something nice.
    Speckled28, torontogal12 and es89 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That sucks. .
    es89 likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am so with you!

I usually just leave extra coupons on products if I don't need them and they are close to expiry. Well today I went to get Smuckers jam at Zellers (from $4.99 down to $2.99 ad then a $0.75 coupon) an older lady next to me was also getting the jam and I said "would you like a coupon for that?". She said "NO, I don't!". Like, what the hell? I then said "oh, okay, just I have an extra one and saw you had a bottle of jam". She then reluctantly took it, but I bet she threw it out. My fiancé, who has totally come around to couponing (asks if I have one for his purchases, etc) was astounded that she didn't want it. I mean, she was over 70... I thought the older generations were supposed to be more aware of the value of a dollar being raised either during the depression/war or directly by someone who was. Ugh! Sorry for hijacking the thread but come on!
    Last edited by alicia; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
    torontogal12 and es89 like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Alicia - I do the same with my extra coupons and had a similar experience with a woman last week buying the Uncle Ben's rice cups. The funniest part of it was it is someone I am aquainted with, our sons are in the same cadet group. We were both buying the cups and she was saying she hadn't tried them yet. I told her I loved the yellow curry ones and had been buying them for a while. She said that, in that case, she was going to try a couple for lunches. I then told her that I had a couple of extra $1 coupons for them if she wanted. She gave me the oddest look, like I smelled bad or something, and said "no thanks, I don't use coupons". I couldn't help but think that she just paid $6 more than I did for the same items as we each grabbed a half dozen LOL.
    maidennomore and es89 like this.

Are you a Swaggernaut yet? Earn while you search - Click Here to get YOUR swagbucks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@Alicia and @ColdCoupons I can't believe what you wrote. Ppl sometimes makes me want to bang my head against a desk. I used to leave extra coupons on the shelves too, and hubby would say "why share the savings? People wouldn't share them with you." He's very cynical. Now after that situation, and hearing what others have to say, I have no interest in doing that anymore
    es89 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hey Torontogal12, karma will reward your good deeds. Don't worry about the haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I don't give coupons away to total strangers anymore. Not worth my aggravation. I will give them to cashiers who appreciate my coupons and I do cashier profiling so they know me.
    Couponmummy, you are so right - give coupons to your favourite cashier.
    I gave a No Frills cashier some coupons yesterday. She asked me about the coupons I was using with my groceries. I deliberately went back to the car to get more for her. She could not stop thanking me.

Bet your cashier won't ever forget you.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
    kristeven likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I was at superstore today and someone came up to me and seemed almost scared. he was giving away coupons for 0.75$ off thinsations and saying they were currently on sale 2/5$ apparently he ran out of samples and was just offering people around the store some coupons. i said thank you took a coupon and bought a box. but i'm wondering how many people were rude to him before he offered me my coupon.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I was at superstore today and someone came up to me and seemed almost scared. he was giving away coupons for 0.75$ off thinsations and saying they were currently on sale 2/5$ apparently he ran out of samples and was just offering people around the store some coupons. i said thank you took a coupon and bought a box. but i'm wondering how many people were rude to him before he offered me my coupon.
    Yup. Product sample ladies and gents have a hard job. People are not so nice when there are freebie samples. They think they are entitled. Bad manners is the norm now, IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information