User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Stupid Cashier & Manager at Wal Mart

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So I'm at Wal Mart today picking up a few things - scrubbing bubbles for one - and when I go through to the cashier I had the items conveyor thingy to go through and the coupons in my hand. The cashier says to me "Oh I'll take those" So I thought, okay, and I gave them to her. One was a free soy milk (from the kelloggs share your breakfast) and two were the five dollars off of scrubbing bubbles.

She takes them out of my hand and puts them down onto the conveyor thing. Then she picks up the scrubbing bubbles to ring them through and it starts moving. I spouted "Oh, oh oh!" and reached down to try and grab them before they got sucked underneath the conveyor and the cashier didn't do anything. She stood there and watched them go underneath.

She tells me there's a box underneath the conveyor thingy's that is supposed to catch anything if it goes underneath and then pulls it out. There's nothing in the box. She says "That's crazy, I wonder where they went" then proceeds to stand there looking like there's nothing in her head at all and says "what should I do?"

I told her what the coupons are worth and asked her if she could just ring them through (because at my wal mart they don't scan them, they just click to take that price off the bill and put the coupons in a draweR) and then tonight or at some point today they'd reappear from the belt.

She says "Oh I don't think I'm allowed to do that." so I asked her if she could ask a manager if there was a way that we could get them out. She calls the manager over.

The manager tells me that there is too much of a line and far too many people around for them to pull apart the cash registers belt during the busiest time of day for business.

I told the manager the value of the coupons and asked her if she could just ring them through because when they appear eventually (whether they can fully around the belt or somehow fell into that little box later) then they could just put them in the drawer then.

The manager told me that she couldn't do that because she doesn't know whether I'm lying or not. And furthermore she went on to tell me that she hasn't seen the coupons and asked the cashier if she'd seen the coupons and the cashier said she didn't know what was on them, so because no one had actually confirmed the value wal mart would be losing out if I were lying about their values and/or expiry's. She told me I was going to have to pay the full price.

I nicely added that it was nearly fifteen dollars worth of coupons and I would greatly appreciate having them because it was going to lessen my bill by a fair amount.

The manager says "Well aren't you out of luck then."

I told the cashier that I wouldn't be getting the scrubbing bubbles and soy milk without my coupons and the cashier says "Wow, I've never seen anyone be so cheap about their groceries. It's not that much."

I looked her in the face and replied with "I am currently right smack in the middle of taking my masters degree and my willingness to use coupons is allowing me to pay off my student loans with much less stress than I ever thought possible. It might just be not that much to you, but being buried in student debts means that it's a lot to me."

Two of the people in line behind me said "Good for you" when I told cashier that and I promptly left everything there, went over to the customer service desk to speak with a different manager. I explained to this other manager what had happened, filed complaints with the manager and cashier about how rude they were to me and I asked her if I could leave my name and phone number in case the coupons do eventually fall out of the belt.

The manager at the customer service desk apologized for the stupid cashier and manager and said she would call me if they came through. I told her I would come back tonight to see if the coupons are there.

Why do people have to be so rude? I didn't do anything wrong. The way the cashier and manager were to me, I really wanted to hit them!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Kellogg's
    carlyincanada likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Idiots!!! That happend to me once at Walmart and i made them open the thing up and you should have seen all the stuff in there. Magazines, small items, lots of coupons besides mine. Probably people lost stuff in there without even realizing it.

Good for you though getting the other manager. Never give up until you get what you want.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

the cashier should be fired. I work at safeway and if a cashier said something like this I can tell you they would certainly be fired right then and there. The manager you talked to at the register should also be fired. YOU. DONT. TALK . TO. CUSTOMERS. LIKE. THAT.
    I dont know why they cant just do the job that they are being paid to do.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Wow, I cry when I'm out 50 cents because of my fault or cashier's fault, but $15!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

good for you for telling them off for their judgement of you.

why are sourpuss ppl always wanting to work in service? makes no sense
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

which wal mart was this?

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Wow nasty mouth on her! How about working the til for free for 2 hours?

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

This is horrible! I used to work at RCSS back in the day and I found a $20 Bill at the till I was assigned to that day that had went on the same journey your coupons did. I called the manager and told him and they never even said thanks. (doesn't have anything to do with your story-just reminded of it!)

That really sucks. Especially since it was her fault they went down there to begin with.

And good for you for standing up for yourself! I always want to be that person, but never am!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I worked cash for about half a year and if we said anything other than "sorry" we would either be written up or fired! at the very least that cashier should be written up. she first of all failed at doing her job and second she isn't employed to give her opinions, she's employed to be a cashier.
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by misstarbender View Post
    which wal mart was this?
    I'm up in Northern BC and it's the Wal Mart up here.

And yeah, I was pretty choked with them today. Not impressed at all!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

absolutely ridiculous.

good for you for standing up for yourself.

their behavior is unacceptable.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's pretty bad because first of all. Everyone knows that you don't put coupons on the belt. She put them there and then she was rude about the prices too.
    Sometimes it's just not worth the fight.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Sad how customers are treated!!! Good for you!! Hope it gets sorted out appropriately!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

$15 is a significant amount in coupons. It adds up. You were completely in the right. If this happened to me, I would be at home writting letters to anyone higher up that I could find. The store, district manager, head office, CEO. I am so angry for you.
    I love the Swagbucks FREE Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/breylormom

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good for you telling them. Make sure you follow up and get this resolved. We all put a lot of time into our Art, and they were very disrespectful to you. Insist on a gift card for them wasting your time having to go back there, having to follow up and for them being rude to you as well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information