User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Why doesn't SDM better train their employees on the Optimum Program??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    First lol at your hubby.

Second why are you guys doing more than one transaction? You would get the same # of bonus points regardless of how much you spend as long as it was over $50 before coupons. 1 $100 transaction is the same as 2 $50 transactions.
    Likely different stores.
    I shop at different stores for different things. Cosmetics, Grocery and electronics I would go to 3 different stores. They don't all carry the same things. 1 store is out of the way and always has more grocery items but their electronics department is in dire need of updating.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

I didn't know that...so thanks for posting that we don't have to seperate our transactions. Will do that next time for sure...so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    First lol at your hubby.

Second why are you guys doing more than one transaction? You would get the same # of bonus points regardless of how much you spend as long as it was over $50 before coupons. 1 $100 transaction is the same as 2 $50 transactions.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

The only time that you want to make separate purchases is when there is a limit of 4, like coke or TP, and then the 5th item is regular price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Makes sense about the limit issue.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I had a new cashier on Saturday , well she got an education lol

First I bought a $50 SDM gc & got my points (she said no I wouldn't, lol) , My total was $65.xx before coupons & tax...after coupons & tax it was $47.xx & she tried to get my to buy more stuff...NOPE...I just said I will take my chances, lol...got my 20x points & showed her the receipt...she was stunned, lol

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

The cashier I got told me I could only use one VIB coupon. I told her the week before I had used six, and when the cashier rang them in wrong I called HO and they gave me my points. She was like nope. Tried to ring in the 500 point coupon and I was like, Um, Nope! I want the 2000 point one OBVIOUSLY! I ended up getting SCOP on the 500 point coupon item so I was laughing in the end. But it just is so annoying when you get fifty different stories from every different cashier!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

what you didn't realize is that IS their training lol!

they TELL everyone to tell us that we can't get points.

the company keeps trying to zig and zag while lying about how transactions actually work.

no matter... we know what's up, and will continue to keep raking in those points
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The cashiers and employees almost always tell you that. There is no point in arguing with them even if they are wrong. The system automatically gives you those 20 x points even if they say otherwise , they can't change that. so just give them the optimum card and ask them to scan it and the 20 x pts will appear

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish to add something to the discussion if it haven't been yet.

Keep in mind that some cashiers that are asking you to add some things to your purchase for the 20X the points, are just wanting to be certain you get them. You can tell them nicely, like some posters mentionned earlier in the thread, or just tell them to go ahead with it.

The thing is, there is alot of mistakes with both part, the customers and the cashiers when there's the 20X points. You'd be surprised with how many people come back complaining they didn't get the points( That's a main reason of why cashiers are traumatised of temper throwing customers who comes back acting all in rage, so they want to be 100% SURE about all the requierements are met for the 20X points).

Let's leave both part attitudes aside, let's say it's a nice cashier and a nice customer, when it's paid cash, it's easy to void the transaction and fix the points. But when it's paid by card, we need to reimburse everything and do it all over again, if the customer is still in the store and down for it, no problem doing that, it's a mistake on our part not telling that person she was missing something or some items didn't count.

But when the customer approaches us already pissed off, it's like...you don't really feel compationate towards that person. Just keep in mind, on either side of the counter, we're all humans, yes we can be stressed etc., but good attitude on both part will just make everything goes smoother and you'll be out of there quicker than throwing a temper on a cashier.

(Personnaly, I never dealt with a case of coupons vs 20x the points, but now if it happens ill know the customer will get the points aniway, thanks to you guys. Altough, coupons are not so popular at the shoppers I work at.)
    Last edited by Oxinelle; Fri, Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

so does everyone give there coupons with the items or at the end? or does it matter when you hand over your coupons? I usually have the coupons with the product, for the points?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by darlataz View Post
    I hear ya...they tried that with me the last time and I said ..oh well thats all I need...she was stunned when the points showed up.
    I am on my way now to SDM my total should be 52.96 before tax and 38.46 after coupons...I will update how it goes when I return...
    LOL
    Got ALL my 20x points

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information