Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Am I overreacting?

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    EEWW!... I just had some of his toast offering. Cinnamon raisin toast with dill cream cheese! He really is a clueless man
    Well, he's clueless or he's passive-aggressive...either way, he needs sorting out.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Don't think you are overreacting at all, like others said men just don't get it most of the times.

Happy Birthday K8's Fate from SC. So lets have a party, I'll bring the solo cups!!!

http://www.kovideo.net/red-solo-cup-...h-1254524.html
    IMLN likes this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Men ARE really dumb and insensitive sometimes. My H included. Next time he doesn't make an effort on a special day, get dolled up, grab your keys and head for the door. When he asks where you are going, tell him you are off to celebrate and then leave him behind.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by free*is*best View Post
    Don't think you are overreacting at all, like others said men just don't get it most of the times.

Happy Birthday K8's Fate from SC. So lets have a party, I'll bring the solo cups!!!

http://www.kovideo.net/red-solo-cup-...h-1254524.html

LOL Ill be dressed in Princess Lea costume!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IMLN View Post
    I think I am ready to move from wine to jello shots... Who's with me?

Sorry for hijacking the thread - just can't resist a (virtual) party. Hope the silly comments cheer up the day after birthday blues.
    Last edited by alicia; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

K8's Fate, I am disappointed for you, no you did not over react either, I just read through all the posts hoping that he would have come through, well honey what can we do? We love them, they aggravate the bejeebus out of us, hurt our feelings, then we find the way to forgive them, or not and become resentful.
    It seems you want to work through this though so that he eventually gets a clear understanding of what it really means to give joy to the other person in a relationship. ( big hint for him: that would be you on your birthday, what better opportunity to show you)
    We do let the men off easy by saying they are jerks, or forgetful or they are wired differently.

I am posting some things you did not get yesterday A helium balloon, a cutie pie teddy and some cake with chocolate chasers!
    All the best!! happy belated birthday!

Name:  16929z.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  29.4 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
    carlyincanada likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Happy Birthday!!

If nothing happens tonight, I say cancel his Under The Blankie Club membership until further notice.
    lol!!! This is a good one!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IMLN View Post
    LOL Ill be dressed in Princess Lea costume!
    The chain mail bikini???
    Natalka likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm sorry your BF is a doofus and a half. I thought he'd give you some recognition of your special day and I really hope he is considerate of you in other ways. If not, I say you're within your rights to return his gift!! And I also agree that toast with dill cheese is not a peace offering. Bleah!!

Until he comes up with something special for you, let's keep your party going!! I'm late to your virtual party but I brought you a virtual gift. Happy birthday!!
    Speckled28 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Belated!!!

I'm sorry your bf was a complete dud. I, like everyone else don't think you overreacted at all. I was super bummed this year when one of my best friends didn't awknowledge my birthday at all. We live 7 hours apart but have been friends for about 8 years. Every year we send eachother birthday cards....usually with a lottery ticket of some sort stuffed inside. I spend ages looking for the perfect card for him.....and am always super excited to find mine in the mailbox. This year......nothing. I waited until 2 weeks after my birthday incase there was an issue with the mail.....and then I flat out asked if he forgot. His answer was: No he didn't forget......but he couldn't afford to send a card this year.....that he instead sent my a telepathic happy birthday and hoped I got it.....AND that he had just started seeing someone new and didn't want to start trouble!!!! ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME?!?!? Ugh.....months later it still makes me mad! A) You can't afford $1.75 for a dollar store card and a stinking stamp? B) You could have at least sent me a happy birthday on facebook.....and C) We've been really good (or what I thought was really good) friends for 8 bloody years but you can't send me a birthday card because you JUST started dating someone?! It was all a bunch of BS and I still have no idea why. We'd talked on the phone about a month prior and everything was great. I was so mad that I responded back on FB and told him it all sounded like a bunch of BS and asked how we could be such good friends for 8 years but every time you have a gf our friendship is some big secret. Is he just being that weird about our friendship or are all the women he dates insanely insecure and possessive!?! Blah. Unfortunately I sent him that in February and haven't heard a word back since.......which makes me sad because I always thought that for the most part we had a pretty strong friendship.....and I know if one of my best friends said they were disappointed in me or our friendship I'd want to talk about it and try to fix things.

Sometimes men blow.............lol.

Did someone say something about drinks?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Speckled, I think your "friend" started to think with his wee wee rather than his head.
    Speckled28 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think it is time for a clear adult to adult conversation about what is expected in this relationship.

If your needs and expectations are made explicitly clear, his response will tell you volumes about how you should feel about him and this relationship.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Speckled, I think your "friend" started to think with his wee wee rather than his head.
    LOL! I think that too sometimes! I never really understood his need to downplay our friendship to other women though. We've been friends for 8 years......JUST friends. We met in college but live on opposite sides of the province so we haven't even seen each other in 6 years. We always kept in touch though.....a lengthy phone call every couple of months......chatting through fb etc etc. What a dolt, lol.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you all for your amazing and supportive feedback! The virtual birthday party was so much fun! I hope I'm not hungover tomorrow because...

Well my revenge of sorts will begin...hehe! I'm going to Oprah in Toronto tomorrow (I'm so excited!!) and he's coming along! It's a bday gift that I bought for myself (it's like I knew I had to lol), and he so doesn't want to go...but is!! He will grit his teeth and enjoy every minute as he knows he's in the dog house! I can't wait! It's Oprah's life classes that are being live streamed on FB. I wonder what this life class will be about? Dbf could use one on giving lol!

Night all. And thanks again! You guys are truly wonderful people, to take time out of your busy days to make me feel better. You did. I'm very blessed to be a SC
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information