User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Am I overreacting?

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Please tell me if I'm over reacting. Today's my bday, and my dbf has not done a thing, and I don't think he will

We've been home all day together and he's pretty much ignored me (hasn't even said happy birthday). I'm honestly really hurt, as his birthday was less than a month ago, and I went all out to plan a great party with his family and get him some really thoughtful gifts. I'm not interested in him spending money on me, but at least acknowledging the day sure would be nice.

Sincerely,
    Birthday Blues

Oh ya, I even passed along the great ideas fellow SCs gave me for inexpensive bday gift ideas for him. You'd think that'd be a clue?!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Second, I don't believe you are over-reacting. Sorry it hasn't been the birthday you expected and deserve.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

2nd --HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Just an acknowledgement would be thoughtful....I say remind him that today is your b-day...you know guys so forgetful

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you both for you kind words.

And yep, he knows it's my bday. I guess I shouldn't have said that he didn't wish me a happy birthday, as he kind of did...on Facebook?!!?!

Yep, we're together in the same house all day, and I get a virtual "happy birthday" posted on my Facebook wall and that's it! It actually stings more than if he didn't even post it.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

sounds like something mine would do..except he's not on FB so I wouldnt even get that...men are stupid..and theres nothing we can do about it
    Happy Birthday girl!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sending you birthday love!!! Men just don't get it sometimes. I wanted to go to the Quebec Paul McCartney free concert for my birthday one year. Hinted at hubby for weeks. Then on my birthday, he asks "what do you want to do today?" Ummmm it's too late to do what I wanted to do.
    Maybe there is something waiting for you to do next weekend? If not, I would ask him if he had forgotten. Might start a fight, but at least you know what is going on
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry you only got a virtual happy birthday from him.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy birthday!!!
    No, you're not overreacting. I think with guys you just have to spell it out sometimes. Forget the hints. Tell him how you feel (with "I statements" instead of in an accusing tone) and what you would like him to do.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Please tell me if I'm over reacting. Today's my bday, and my dbf has not done a thing, and I don't think he will

We've been home all day together and he's pretty much ignored me (hasn't even said happy birthday). I'm honestly really hurt, as his birthday was less than a month ago, and I went all out to plan a great party with his family and get him some really thoughtful gifts. I'm not interested in him spending money on me, but at least acknowledging the day sure would be nice.

Sincerely,
    Birthday Blues

Oh ya, I even passed along the great ideas fellow SCs gave me for inexpensive bday gift ideas for him. You'd think that'd be a clue?!
    how long have you been dating? perhaps he genuinely either forgot or got dates mixed up
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Thank you both for you kind words.

And yep, he knows it's my bday. I guess I shouldn't have said that he didn't wish me a happy birthday, as he kind of did...on Facebook?!!?!

Yep, we're together in the same house all day, and I get a virtual "happy birthday" posted on my Facebook wall and that's it! It actually stings more than if he didn't even post it.
    i didnt read this first. i now think he's a jerk. wth? i think a conversation about expectations is in order if he hasnt had some surprise for you by the end of the night
    gracesmommy and flyingdutch like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Happy birthday OP.
    Maybe it 's a guy thing -- maybe the Facebook greeting was good enough in his mind.

Hey SC guys -- am I wrong or right? Defend your men!
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Apr 14th, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Happy Birthday!!!

I would PO'd too! Men don't get the importance of certain dates, and I don't get it! My husband has flat out ruined two Mother Day's for me to the point I was in tears. We do nothing special for my bday at all. Or Mother's Day or Valentines Day. They are all like any other day to him Men can be really stupid and it hurts.

Is there a chance he's doing a fake out and has some suprise for you tonight (since you've posted)? Maybe he's pretending it's no big deal and then will have something planned later on?

If today passes, and nothing is done....please, please talk to him about it. Let him know you were hurt and that you expect a verbal Happy Birthday, and some kind of gesture and/or gift....no matter how small!!!

Hope next year's bday is much better!!!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i'm wondering too if he'll do something nice tonight? if not, i'd remember this for next year and leave him happy birthday wishes on a post-it next year. make it a day late too.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Happy Birthday! Hand him his coat, put yours on, and tell him he's taking you out to dinner!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    i'm wondering too if he'll do something nice tonight? if not, i'd remember this for next year and leave him happy birthday wishes on a post-it next year. make it a day late too.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Happy Birthday! Hand him his coat, put yours on, and tell him he's taking you out to dinner!
    Or, put your coat on and grab your purse...when he asks where you're going, say, if you aren't celebrating my bday, I am! But I can be mean like that, lol.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information