User Tag List

Thread: "P" Stamps

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Hello All,

It's been long i've not been active in coupon trading. So kind off confused regarding postage. My questions :

a) Please explain what is meant by "P" stamp ? My understanding says - if i have "P" stamp and the rates change for min. postage ever still I can use the old "P" stamp as min. current rate like in 2011 min. stamp = .59 and in 2012 min. stamp = .61====>>> 2011 P stamp is gud and can be used as min postage for 2012

b)I have few "P" stamps available with me 2011,, so if I do any trading with someone can i send my old "P" stamps?

c) the packet or envie I post will go with the old "P" stamp or i have to add something ?

Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

a) P means Permanent. It will be the permanent rate for a regular letter sent in Canada. When it is purchased is of no consequence.

b) If the stamp says P on it it can be traded as a P stamp, regardless of when it is purchased.

c) Letter - if it is a regular first class letter in Canada you are good to go. If you are using it for a package (not a letter) each P stamp will be worth the current value of first class postage. So if your package require $2.50, you can use 4 "P" stamps (4x .61 (current value of first class mailing)= $2.44) and would have to add 6¢.

I hope that makes sense.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmaduke View Post
    a) P means Permanent. It will be the permanent rate for a regular letter sent in Canada. When it is purchased is of no consequence.

b) If the stamp says P on it it can be traded as a P stamp, regardless of when it is purchased.

c) Letter - if it is a regular first class letter in Canada you are good to go. If you are using it for a package (not a letter) each P stamp will be worth the current value of first class postage. So if your package require $2.50, you can use 4 "P" stamps (4x .61 (current value of first class mailing)= $2.44) and would have to add 6¢.

I hope that makes sense.

Thread Information