User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Freshco - not allowed to use coupons on clearance items

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Freshco had diapers on clearance this morning. I grabbed 4 packs of Huggies and proceeded to the cash with $11 worth of coupons (3x$3 and 1x$2). I was told by 2 cashiers that their manager had told them this morning to not accept coupons on clearance items. Ticked off, I still bought them as they were a good deal and we needed them.

An email to Freshco head office was just sent off to clarify whether they should have accepted my coupons or not. Anyone else have issues with using coupons with clearance items at Freshco?

/rant
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Huggies

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I've used coupons on stuff that was tagged on the shelf as 50% off. Not sure if they constitute this as clearance as well (they also usually have a couple carts at the front of my store full of clearance items....actually - I've used coupons on those items before as well.) As FreshCo is a Franchise I find their quality of customer service (and magical rules that they make up along with it) vary by store. I think I would have talked to the manager at that point and explained that coupons are a form of tender - they get the money back from the manufacturer so the rule is ridiculous to not allow them on clearance items...they get the payment for the item regardless, what does it matter who it comes from.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Maybe if the items are clearance they will no longer carry so they don't want to bother sending them to the manufacturer anymore if they wont' be getting more in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles160 View Post
    I've used coupons on stuff that was tagged on the shelf as 50% off. Not sure if they constitute this as clearance as well (they also usually have a couple carts at the front of my store full of clearance items....actually - I've used coupons on those items before as well.) As FreshCo is a Franchise I find their quality of customer service (and magical rules that they make up along with it) vary by store. I think I would have talked to the manager at that point and explained that coupons are a form of tender - they get the money back from the manufacturer so the rule is ridiculous to not allow them on clearance items...they get the payment for the item regardless, what does it matter who it comes from.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't see anything on their website stating that??? They should have excepted it, even if the item is on clearance. I would have fought for it and would have told the manager it doesn't say anything about your clearance policy about using coupons for clearance items???

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That is crap!! Longo's always tells me that too. I asked to see their coupon policy?? They said oh we'll it is in our upstairs office and u can't see it! Really? Shouldn't a policy be public so I know where I stand? The store manager told me this!! He said we will allow this once but never again! I said don't do me any favors! And left..this was 2 years ago. It happened at a No Frills once too. Around the same time. The owner said I could not use them!!! I told him I could and their coupon policy does not state that I couldn't!!! He said you can't afford it if you can't use a coupon??He totally embarrassed me in front of tons of people! I told him I will never step foot back in this store and I will tell everyone I know how rude you are!!(I have never been back since) I phoned head office and they said it is his store!!!what it has your name on it!!! CRAZY!!!
    annedougherty likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ what a loser, If he said that to me I would have been like "Not all of us have a NO FRILLS business" where you guys can just take the products off the shelf and use them for your own use, second, if you let people use coupons you get your money back from the supplier so what is your problem? and third, people who have money save it! and DONT SPEND IT!
    coupongirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Fortino's here in Stoney Creek won't allow coupons on discounted items either because as the cashier has told me you are already getting the item discounted once so they can't do it again.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^But what I don't understand is they don't post that anywhere???? Like they should post it in their stores or right beside the clearance area

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I totally agree...if that is the policy post it somewhere!!!!
    New mom October 2014!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

im a supervisor at fresh co....we have never been told not to take coupons on clearance items BUT fresh cos are franchises. meaning we all of individual owners and although we all answer to the same head office, the owner can choose to do things a little different...

our owners are fantastic. both work in the store everyday and work hard to keep the customers happy, therefore we are allowed.

the owner at your store may have an issue with getting their money back on coupons so they arent allowing it...who knows!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Maybe if the items are clearance they will no longer carry so they don't want to bother sending them to the manufacturer anymore if they wont' be getting more in?
    That doesn't really make it okay. Just because they won't be carrying a certain product anymore, doesn't mean they are not ordering other products from the same company. Also, coupons aren't sent directly from the store to the manufacturer, they're sent to a third-party who has to sort all of the coupons by mailing address...
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Like Freshco can not be that stupid? If you see you have alot of couponers in your store you should post what your policy is, so we don't get confused, mad, and can go somewhere else if needed to. In a way Freshco is wasting our time and their's but not putting something up. BUT I hope they don't because then couponers have more back up, it's like false advertising. So if they don't have it posted than they should honour it. People do not have a crystal ball???

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Fortino's here in Stoney Creek won't allow coupons on discounted items either because as the cashier has told me you are already getting the item discounted once so they can't do it again.
    But they're getting their money back for the coupon regardless of the selling price! Why is this so hard for them to understand???
    Skittles160 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I understand what your saying hockeylover and I am happy that your owners are great! Maybe this owner doesn't know maybe the proper process of getting their money back with the coupons, or is just to lazy to do it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Exactly. Sometimes it's not the cashiers, or supervisors/managers that don't know it's the owners. The other store in my city has a really bad owner for example.they call to ask us stuff all the time. I suggest asking head office but be prepared for them to say it's up to the owner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information