User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Not allowed to share flyers??

  1. #31
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    355
    Likes Received
    113
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)



    I never had that problem when my sister and I go to no frills to do price match we shared the flyer and no problem because she didn't know that no frills do that

  2. #32
    CaLoonie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    172
    Likes Received
    17
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)



    My last experience with price matching was a little bit of a nightmare, the cashier was like... you're going to price match ALL of these items (it wasn't all, but there was quite few of them), and I said yes, and then she was like, I'm pretty sure you can't do that, so she called her CSM (who told her it was fine, and I could pricematch as much as I wanted.


    I agree with the fact that the rudeness is increasing lately though. Again, same experience, I told the cashier that I was going to be a long order because of price matching and coupons before I started unloading my stuff, so she passed my her closed sign, but she gave the lady behind me the opportunity to put her stuff before the close sign. The ENTIRE time we were checking out our stuff, the lady behind me was huffing and puffing, kept trying to say "they really need to do something about this, this is getting ridiculous.... blah blah blah... i have places to be" meanwhile, the store is practically empty, with 10 other cashes open. She would not stop either, even after I apologized that it was taking so long, she just kept saying extremely rude things, so I just started ignoring it... until I left, at which point I said "I hope you have a GREAT day".

    I just let it slide off my shoulder though, had I had not price matched and used coupons, my total grocery bill at RCSS would have been 125 dollars, and I ended up spending 59.

  3. #33
    Frosh Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    308
    Likes Received
    9
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)



    Same thing happened for me when I was shopping with a friend at WM. We both wanted to price match something and was told that we needed two flyers if we wanted to price match two items because the cashiers need to have proof it was a price match and keep the flyer.

  4. #34
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,885
    Likes Received
    5863
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by kaylamcd View Post
    My last experience with price matching was a little bit of a nightmare, the cashier was like... you're going to price match ALL of these items (it wasn't all, but there was quite few of them), and I said yes, and then she was like, I'm pretty sure you can't do that, so she called her CSM (who told her it was fine, and I could pricematch as much as I wanted.


    I agree with the fact that the rudeness is increasing lately though. Again, same experience, I told the cashier that I was going to be a long order because of price matching and coupons before I started unloading my stuff, so she passed my her closed sign, but she gave the lady behind me the opportunity to put her stuff before the close sign. The ENTIRE time we were checking out our stuff, the lady behind me was huffing and puffing, kept trying to say "they really need to do something about this, this is getting ridiculous.... blah blah blah... i have places to be" meanwhile, the store is practically empty, with 10 other cashes open. She would not stop either, even after I apologized that it was taking so long, she just kept saying extremely rude things, so I just started ignoring it... until I left, at which point I said "I hope you have a GREAT day".

    I just let it slide off my shoulder though, had I had not price matched and used coupons, my total grocery bill at RCSS would have been 125 dollars, and I ended up spending 59.
    You were saving money by using coupons.

    So , You should have just asked the customer behind you " why is your time more important than my money ? "

    Your money is just as important or more important than the time of someone else .

  5. #35
    Senior Canuck chickypoodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Coupon Land :)
    Posts
    824
    Likes Received
    296
    Trading Score
    94 (100%)



    omg, i'm sooooo going to use that question with the next huffer and puffer behind me!

  6. #36
    **Coupon Queen** sweetnlow30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ON
    Posts
    1,947
    Likes Received
    351
    Trading Score
    205 (100%)



    Wow, I would be shocked if that happened. I always share my flyers with my (step) mom since she doesn't get very many flyers delivered to her. I PM my items then pass it to her so she can PM hers. I am teaching her how to save and use coupons as well. She still hasn't grasped the idea of waiting for a sale and not just buying something because she has a coupon. It is a work in progress LOL.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

    Updated TL/WL HERE



  7. #37
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    498
    Likes Received
    292
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylamcd View Post
    My last experience with price matching was a little bit of a nightmare, the cashier was like... you're going to price match ALL of these items (it wasn't all, but there was quite few of them), and I said yes, and then she was like, I'm pretty sure you can't do that, so she called her CSM (who told her it was fine, and I could pricematch as much as I wanted.


    I agree with the fact that the rudeness is increasing lately though. Again, same experience, I told the cashier that I was going to be a long order because of price matching and coupons before I started unloading my stuff, so she passed my her closed sign, but she gave the lady behind me the opportunity to put her stuff before the close sign. The ENTIRE time we were checking out our stuff, the lady behind me was huffing and puffing, kept trying to say "they really need to do something about this, this is getting ridiculous.... blah blah blah... i have places to be" meanwhile, the store is practically empty, with 10 other cashes open. She would not stop either, even after I apologized that it was taking so long, she just kept saying extremely rude things, so I just started ignoring it... until I left, at which point I said "I hope you have a GREAT day".

    I just let it slide off my shoulder though, had I had not price matched and used coupons, my total grocery bill at RCSS would have been 125 dollars, and I ended up spending 59.
    NICE JOB!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by aly8887 View Post
    Same thing happened for me when I was shopping with a friend at WM. We both wanted to price match something and was told that we needed two flyers if we wanted to price match two items because the cashiers need to have proof it was a price match and keep the flyer.
    The next time you go in, check and see if customer service has the flyers (mine does, they're all marked up with sales, etc)...you can't use them to PM (you can't have the cashier call the desk to match the item) but if they're already in the store, it doesn't make much sense that the cashier needs it. The CS desk/managers/supervisors already know or at least have access to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    You were saving money by using coupons.

    So , You should have just asked the customer behind you " why is your time more important than my money ? "

    Your money is just as important or more important than the time of someone else .
    This is brilliant. I might make a sign and hang it off the front of my cart.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

  8. #38
    Canadian Guru cabmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,716
    Likes Received
    13878
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)




    Last time I price matched I used both no frills flyer and food basics flyer at walmart. At the end she gave me back the flyers. I then said always good to get everything in one place instead of travel all over the place, she smiled and said for sure makes sense to me..


  9. #39
    Canadian Genius wolfwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    8,485
    Likes Received
    17652
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)




    When I first started couponing, WM tried to keep my flyers. But they are mine and they had no right to keep it. Since then, they have gotten to know me well and don't even try to keep my flyers. As to the rude cashier, she had no right to act that way. Great way to encourage return customers?

  10. #40
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London / Goderich, Ontario
    Posts
    962
    Likes Received
    389
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)



    All of the following is based on my exeriences in price-matching and couponing.

    Today, I was doing lots of shopping at many stores and locations.
    The customer service department at RCSS on Oxford East in London said that they do not stock competitors flyers.
    It is up to the customer to bring the flyers.

    Most Walmarts have a selection of flyers at customer service.

    Zellers is the only store that has kept my flyers or pieces of it.
    Even then the flyers are only taken at Zellers about 50% of the time.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

  11. #41
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,885
    Likes Received
    5863
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)




    If they ask for your flyer while you are doing a PM ( and if you still need the flyer ) , just ask them to take a photocopy of it ..so that both of you are happy. When you say that more often than not , they don't bother and just hand your flyer right back

    I don't blame the cashiers for asking for the flyer as sometimes their supervisor needs a proof of the PM to make sure that they didn't just give a discount to their friends and family or something like that.

  12. #42
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    58
    Likes Received
    53
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by chickypoodles View Post
    omg, i'm sooooo going to use that question with the next huffer and puffer behind me!
    I am with you on that one!!
    Its not 'savings', it is spending less or spending nothing - if you put it in the bank and it stays there, it is savings

  13. #43
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,852
    Likes Received
    30141
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)




    Never had problems and hope to never had some...The cashier always ask me after if I want to kept my flyers or I just take it and put it in grocery bag

  14. #44
    Smart Canuck LauraWill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Couponville
    Posts
    1,966
    Likes Received
    343
    Trading Score
    412 (100%)



    Sounds like a case of rules being made up on the spot.. This is what I would have done:

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Stick flyer in lady's cart, what she does with it from there is her business.
    Quickly & Easily Earn FREE $$ or Giftcards with Swagbucks.com


  15. #45
    Canadian Genius PurpleBunny89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Simcoe area, Ontario
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,831
    Likes Received
    5823
    Trading Score
    454 (100%)




    I guess the cashier never learnt Sharing is Caring in grade school?

    When I do go shopping with my Mom we usually share flyers because she always forgets hers. She asks me "So, whats on sale this week, anything I am buying?". Of course I let her use my flyer to PM her items because you can sure bet she isn't pm'ing them on my bill! lol

    Never had this problem though of sharing flyers, do it all the time. I even have people from other lanes come over to me and ask if they can use my flyer when I am done or they will stand there and watch what items I am pm'ing.

    I have however had the whole issue of the cashier keeping the flyer and/or cutting it up. Thats why The flyer doesn't leave my hands when PM'ing unless I am at WM (never had a problem there). Sure, you need to take a closer look, I don't blame you but its a case of I'll move it closer for you or even right under your nose but its LOOK DON'T TOUCH.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •