User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Target also stacks in-store coupons with manu coupons if I am not mistaken? Potential to save way more than Zellers w/ SPC.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kris10 View Post
    ok so since it is probABLY A GOOD IDEA TO CASH IN OUR POINTS BEFORE IT CLOSES...can you go to the teller and ask for a gift card for your points or something?I tried doing it online but it says the gift cards are only in french.
    Go to the Customer Service counter and simply exchange your pts for a gift card. Done it before and it's quick and easy. Need to exchange in 80K increments.

If you have nothing to buy at HBC with the gift cards, then do what I'm planning to do. I'm going to buy Esso gift cards at Zellers with them. I can easily spend it all on gas. If you don't drive, then buy other 3rd party gift cards like Jack Astors, Cara Restaurants, Wendy's etc.
    Last edited by Frugal; Fri, Jan 14th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

a few people were interested in transferring HBC points over to airmiles... though some people on this thread say its not worth it, if you really want to, you can do so here: http://www.hbc.com/hbcrewards/ once you log in, there's a link on the left side for 'redeem for airmiles', then click 'one time redemption'.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by parkmomma View Post
    Target also stacks in-store coupons with manu coupons if I am not mistaken? Potential to save way more than Zellers w/ SPC.
    Target Stores Coupon Policy

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores.

• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
    • Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
    • We gladly accept valid internet coupons

Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.

When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:

• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
    • We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
    • Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
    • We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
    • We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
    • All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.

YAY!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

^^yes, Target allows stacking (in-store and mfr) but it is a more expensive store especially the grocery items than WM but compared to quality, Target's a winner! Would love to see their clothing line here!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank goodness!! I've only gotten a couple of good hauls in Zellers, ever, and the first one I caught so much attitude from the cashier! She said the SPC discount was only for pens, pencils, paper ("stuff a student would need"). Uh... right, that's why the fine print DOESN'T say that.

My Zellers is also dingy, dirty. I find expired foods there pretty often.

I don't live near a Walmart, so hopefully Target stores will stock some of the makeup I can only find at Walmart/across the border. =)

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrypatch View Post
    She said the SPC discount was only for pens, pencils, paper ("stuff a student would need").
    My Zellers is also dingy, dirty. I find expired foods there pretty often.

. =)
    haha thats funny. I love the stories cashiers can make up. Students need food/cloths/makeup, especially when its on clearance.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Hate Zellers, due to no scop, terrible customer service, dirty stores. Promised myself this year would not spend any money there (even if items free that is how much I hate them). Love Target, was waiting for them to open up cross border online service but this is way better! High quality and low prices, clean stores. Yay!
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Went to Zellers last night & alot of 60% of sales!! Maybe they are starting to clear out stuff!! Don't know!!! They even had 4L Natrel bags of milk for $1 each!!! exp 17Jan!!

Gonna keep an eye out for huge clearance discounts!! Our Zellers sure needs renovations as I hate trying to shop with those "poles" in the middle of the aisles!!! & stuff piled in the aisles!! Target has lots of space & bright modern stores!!! YAY!! Bring it on!!!

FYI...I watched on CNBC a special called "Inside Target" & its on again tonight at 8pm (Jan15) check your listings!!! Very good program & very informative!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=carlyincanada;2885415]Went to Zellers last night & alot of 60% of sales!! Maybe they are starting to clear out stuff!! Don't know!!! They even had 4L Natrel bags of milk for $1 each!!! exp 17Jan!!

Jan 17 ? thats only 2 more days ...that why it is $1 ?

PunkRockPrincess davidsprincess's Avatar
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i am so ready for target. their coupon policy seems reasonable.

zellers are rude and scrutinize every coupon.store is dirty and disorganized and have same old stock forever@!
    PunkRockPrincess

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers doesn't take down expired promotion advertisements...I remember seeing the giftcard deal when you buy gilette and certain products, still up in the store months after it expired ....what a bunch of slobs

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

um one more question. When you cash in zellers points,do they ask you for i.d.?I am asking because not long ago my mom gave me her card to me to see if i could transfer her points to me somehow which ended up not being possible & she gave her shoppers points to my older sis. lol, i am thinking of just ordering the french gift card to save her the trouble.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

um one more question. When you cash in zellers points,do they ask you for i.d.?I am asking because not long ago my mom gave me her card to me to see if i could transfer her points to me somehow which ended up not being possible & she gave her shoppers points to my older sis. lol, i am thinking of just ordering the french gift card to save her the trouble.
    Every time I've cashed in points for customers, we never have to ask for ID...probably should if it's over a certain amount, but we don't...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was never asked for ID. There's nothing wrong with the French GC. It's really the same thing. Money on plastic.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information