User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By couponcrazy86
  • 1 Post By joybellswj
  • 2 Post By coolmum95

Thread: LD WEM refusing more then one coupon (not stacking related)

yeacoupons
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I went into the WEM LD this morning to get a few of the Axe bodywash that is on for $2.99 with my $2 coupon to make them .99cents.
    Absolutely no price matching, no stacking, just one coupon per product.
    She said they are no longer accepting more then one of the same coupon in a transaction.
    I pointed out that it says "one coupon per purchase" and not "one coupon per transaction/person/household" and she said that the manager refused the same axe coupons yesterday and this morning and only allowed one per person.
    She said that is the new "policy" and that is how they are interpreting "one coupon per purchase" now.

So I asked her to run them through as different transacations ....and she did with a bit of hesitation.

I came home to look on the LD website where they USED to have their coupon policy posted but it has been removed! Only 2 posts about coupons and they are in regard to stacking.

Anybody know whats going on? Is this happening elsewhere or just this location?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could phone London Drugs customer service 1 888 991 2299.

yeacoupons
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Im trying to figure out if this is happening at this location frequently/at other locations, etc or if it is just the cashier before I call. I can only imagine how many phone calls they get regarding couponing lol

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Yep. They are now interpreting "one per purchase" to mean "one per transaction" according to the manager anyways.
    I was there last night and the manager told me about the change. This morning I went to use my last 7 of my axe coupons and had the cashier ring them in seperate transactions. I can tell you she wasn't overly happy about doing 7 transactions. Although I do know of at least 3 cashiers at the LD in WEM location who will let you use multiples of the same coupon that says "limit one coupon per purchase"

I was at the Jasper Gates LD a couple days ago and had multiple stacks that contained the same coupons that said "limit one coupon per purchase" and I was allowed to use them all in one transaction. No mention of this "new" rule.

I really try to follow the rules when using coupons but LD is becoming a tad ridiculous lately - they are very inconsistant from location to location and even cashier to cashier. I rarely if ever stack there anymore, and next time I need to buy something that is on sale there I will take my flyer and price match at Walmart, who seem to be alot more coupon friendly.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

sounds to me like the are just want to loose all of there business thats all beacuse if they do this then we wont shop there, you can find the same deals if not better at a walmart or anywhere else, in fact walmarts probably the best place to coupon as you can PM, RC, Get overages and be paid out the overage, you arent suppose to pay taxes on free items, what else oh they carry pretty much everything....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

the idea of one item per transaction is silly. it is going to bog down the cashiers with a bunch of smaller transactions. i for one, never go to london drugs, as i find they have poor to no customer service. i can find the same products elsewhere for cheaper!!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Haven't been to LD since all of the coupon changes. I have also changed my eating habits (more clean eating love my slow cooker) and have been using good old vinegar and water for cleaning. I watch for sales on the items I use, stock up on them. If I have a coupon great. If not that is fine. I am not going out of my way to use a coupon that is usually for junk food anyway. I always love Silk coupons and bounty and charmin but wait for a good price and use them then. Try to use at shoppers or safeway so I can get my points or RCSS so I can use my superbucks. LD is expensive, the coupons usually don't make up for the price difference now that you can't stack.

They have probably lost so much business and if they continue to behave like this they will lose the the few couponers that continue to shop there.

yeacoupons
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good suggestions ladies and thanks for the feedback! If it is a plain flyer sale with no stacking then I may as well go to Walmart and pricematch to get multiples of the same item

I actually hadn't been there for a long time either because of the inconsistency between cashiers etc but thought a basic coupon purchase like this would go smoothly lol.

Alwaysdaddysgirl - I'm with you. I have cleaned up my eating and removed processed from me and my families diet. I never really used coupons for food anyway because it is usually processed junk. I have even started making my own perfume, shampoo, conditioner and cleaning products as well to stay away from all the nasty chemicals. I've never been fanatical about it before but I have been doing some research and it's astounding what is put in our beauty and cleaning supplies, etc.
    coolmum95 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, all the couponing changes definitely puts a damper on shopping for deals these days but ladies, are we really all that surprised? Disappointed yes, annoyed, absolutely but what did we expect, that this run of luck would last forever? I don't think the product companies thought that 'couponing' would catch on so quickly and at such a large scale. They've had to reimburse the retailers thousands of dollars and it's cutting into their profit margin. Now, these same companies have instructed the retailers to restrict or stop, or else. It isn't fair to us the consumer. They dangled that carrot in front of us, and we took it, now what? Well, we still have our ' Consumer- Buying Power', and we still have the freedom and right to shop wherever we want. I for one, will only shop where I am appreciated and valued as a customer, and where I get the best quality of goods for my money, and receive the customer service( before or after the sale) I deserve, with or without coupons. It's my choice. ( but I won't stop clipping those darn coupons just yet. )
    rewogd and mrsfreeman like this.

Thread Information