User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: She is not a boy

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

When I see a baby and If i dont know if it is a boy or girl, I just say "What a cute bundle of joy" so that way the comment is made and the parents don't give me a mean look lol.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with you torontogal, but I would say she isn't the brightest light on the Christmas Tree LOL
    torontogal12 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My son from Birth to about 2 years old was always assumed to be a girl. He had that baby doll pretty face, with the long lashes and curly hair.
    People would tell me how beautiful SHE was, and i would say Thank you and go about my day.
    And the few that would ask if he was a girl (dressed all in boy clothes) I would answer that he was a boy, but they would say but he is so pretty! lol
    I gave up, I have pretty son! He is now 10 years old, 5,1" height and 100lbs. He still has a pretty face, but there is no confusing he is a boy now! lol

The lady that insisted your girl was a boy, Should have been hit with the stupid stick!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I never assume i know if the baby is a girl if she's wearing pink. I always say "what a cutie, how old?? I usually get a "She' 5 months." Then i know. I dressed my son in white alot when he was a baby. But if someone asked me if i'm sure he was a boy, I'd be a smart @$$ and say don't know never looked, never changed diaper before etc.
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i haven't had that problem with ds. however i did get a lot of people touching his face and hands. (one woman in the meat department with raw meat in her cart. yes i know they are wrapped but its not like they wash their hands between every pack they wrap.) My sister gave me a sign that said please don't touch the baby so hopefully we wont have that problem again this time and if we do i wont be so nice about it.

it seems like when you have kids people really like to push the boundaries of personal space and privacy. i'm sure they would never go up to an adult and pull the same idiotic bs.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pretty rude to completely ignore you after you've stated a bunch of times that the baby is a girl, some people are stupid.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It made me smile. You obviously made it clear that she was a girl. Maybe the lady was deaf and colour blind.
    My DD is 6 months and she wears pink all the time, and I get "cute boy" too. I find hair clips/bows help.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I have to admit I laughed a little...I used to get the same thing with my little girl....she was still pretty bald when she was 14 months (well little hair) What are gonna do?!?! maybe some of those cute litlle headbands they have now with fake pony tails on them lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I do think its funny, I thought it might make a cute little rant. the only time it has ever annoyed me was the lady i had to keep telling over and over and she still insisted she was a boy lol. To be honest I love having people tell me how beautiful she is.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

My son a head full of beautiful curls that I hated to cut so I got a lot of "what a beautiful little girl" comments.
    Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference without the hair or pink clothes.
    That conversation was funny though. Maybe she had boys of her own and your daughter was a reminder and she didn't want to get snapped back to reality. I'm at that stage now where I see little babies that remind me of when I was a young mom and it's bittersweet. Ah the memories. Enjoy your baby.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    161 (100%)

I had the exact same problem...didn't help either that my daughter was almost bald until about 2!
    My daughter also had the red on her forhead (which she gets from me but hers went away mine didn't) and I had a full on "argument" with a lady who insisted they used forceps during labour......which they didn't but she insisted as if she had been in the delivery room with me!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

i wouldn't care..... and i wouldn't clarify a 2nd time to anybody.... but that is just me

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If someone asks you "Is it a boy or a girl?", anser them with a straight face, "Yes." and leave it right there.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

People are strange sometimes, I would never ever go up to someone and assume it was a boy or girl, if I was not sure I would say something that does not specifically say cute boy or girl, I know babies and dogs are completly different but my oldest dog always gets called a boy wearing pink sweaters and it frustrates me so I can just imagine if it were your child

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information