User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: RCSS advertises 58% price increase on PB

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I've heard that sometimes flyers are sometimes advertising a price increase not a sale, but I never really seen it.

My jaw it the ground today when I saw that RCSS had 2 kg Kraft P.B. in the flyer for $9.99 . It's regular price has been at $6.34 for a long time, including two weeks ago when I bought 8 jars to reach a $250 spend. That's a 58% increase.

I noticed that SDM has been advertising the 1kg at $4.49 vs. the usual $2.99 the past few months and I was wondering why? Maybe the new opaque jars cost more.

I don't pay attention to other P.B. brand pricing (except WOW soy nut butter), has the price gone up on all P.B.?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh my gosh!

I bought the 2kg at Co-op two weeks ago for 5.99. Glad I bought two then.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Must be to make the increased price seem like a good deal. Conditioning customers to the higher price?
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I remember a few months or so ago, I heard the price of PB was suppose to go up. Maybe it finally did???

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...es-go-up-up-up

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    I remember a few months or so ago, I heard the price of PB was suppose to go up. Maybe it finally did???

http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...es-go-up-up-up
    I remember hearing and seeing that all over the news too.......and that the mark up was supposed to be absolutely ridiculous!! I hadn't noticed any change as of yet.....but I'm thinking this is probably it....and if so it'll only be a matter of time before the other stores jack up their prices as well.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's gone up all over here. From the 2.99 sale price of six months ago, the regular price for 1kg of Kraft is anywhere from 5.49 to 7.49. INSANE! I bought one 'on sale' at SDM for 4.49 cuz we eat it on burgers.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by joseff View Post
    It's gone up all over here. From the 2.99 sale price of six months ago, the regular price for 1kg of Kraft is anywhere from 5.49 to 7.49. INSANE! I bought one 'on sale' at SDM for 4.49 cuz we eat it on burgers.
    REALLY?!?! (to the burger comment). I've never heard of anyone eating pb on their meat before! lol
    neelkamalll1979 and RedEng like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    REALLY?!?! (to the burger comment). I've never heard of anyone eating pb on their meat before! lol
    *LOL* I knew someone would pick up on that. Saw it on the Food channel one day, burgers with bacon and peanut butter slathered on it. Hubby wakes from a nap and says "that looks good, we gotta try it". So we did and I like it better than putting peel-and-stick cheese on it.
    flyingdutch likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh man, here in Halifax a place called Darrell's has an amazing PB burger!

Also, think of all the Thai food with peanut sauce - basically a similar thing
    Last edited by alicia; Fri, Apr 20th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
    joseff, Darth Penguin and M-E like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEng View Post
    I've heard that sometimes flyers are sometimes advertising a price increase not a sale, but I never really seen it.

My jaw it the ground today when I saw that RCSS had 2 kg Kraft P.B. in the flyer for $9.99 . It's regular price has been at $6.34 for a long time, including two weeks ago when I bought 8 jars to reach a $250 spend. That's a 58% increase.

I noticed that SDM has been advertising the 1kg at $4.49 vs. the usual $2.99 the past few months and I was wondering why? Maybe the new opaque jars cost more.

I don't pay attention to other P.B. brand pricing (except WOW soy nut butter), has the price gone up on all P.B.?
    I haven't paid more then a $1.99 for peanut butter in years!! I always make sure I stock up when it goes on sale at $1.99

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

*LOL* I knew someone would pick up on that. Saw it on the Food channel one day, burgers with bacon and peanut butter slathered on it. Hubby wakes from a nap and says "that looks good, we gotta try it". So we did and I like it better than putting peel-and-stick cheese on it.
    Cannot fault you there - I don't think there is anything out there that PB would not taste good on. Pickles included.

Yeah, there were rumors of prices going up. But Fortinos had Kraft PB 1kg for less than $1.99 a few months ago; I do think there will be sale prices around $1.99-$2.99 (what we are accustomed to) soon enough - hopefully. I love my PB, and it has always been considered a basic/cheap item.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

lol, ever heard of the Works? It's a burger chain restaurant and they put anything and everything on burgers, including PB

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

My initial reaction was eww! Even though I eat PB regularly. I have a thai meat ball recipe that uses peanut butter, that I absolutely love. My kids don't like my homemade burgers, maybe I should try adding P.B.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post

Also, think of all the Thai food with peanut sauce - basically a similar thing
    It's not just Thai..a lot of African cooking uses PB too. I made a lovely Tanzanain curry fish stew last night which had PB in it..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yep, our beloved peanut butter has finally reach GOLD status (in cost that is, lol) My SIL is a manager of a large grocery retail chain and he has said on numerous occasions that only about 20% of what comes in our weekly flyer is actually on sale. The balance is what they call filler. It is being advertised as that is the deal they made for shelf space, with manufacturers and so on. It will coincidently sometimes be advertised when there are coupons out for these items such as in the summer when we get the bbq stuff coupons (bbq sauce, pickles, mustard, salad dressings and so on) and this is the time of year that manufacturers have made deals for end caps or mid isle displays on their products, thus the products being advertised then. So even though most of us think everything in the flyer is on sale, it is not.
    lecale likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information