User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xox2010
  • 1 Post By janetta

Thread: What is your favorite foundation?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation. It's difficult to find the right formula and color. My skin is quite sensitive (broken capillaries and some redness in the cheek area) and combination (slightly oily tzone and dry cheeks). My skin tone is neutral.

Mineral foundation doesn't seem to cover the redness that great. I usually apply a liquid concealer and a layer of mineral powder. However even with moisturizing my skin, the mineral still feels dry and flat on my skin.

I hate foundations that are peach or pink looking. I always try to find something neutral to yellow toned.

Anyways... I don't have a favorite foundation.

However please list what you like and maybe it will help anyone who is on the hunt for a new foundation.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Estee Lauder Double Wear - literally lasts all day on me (and no foundation has ever done that for me) The colour I have is a bit dark though.
    toban likes this.

-----
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I use mineral powder as well. It leaves a matte finish. I always make sure to moisturize enough before applying mineral powder. What brand do you use? Anyways, for when I want more coverage I use Chanel mat lumiere liquid foundation. It doesn't have a pink/white finish and it covers really well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Osmosis Loose Mineral Foundation with SRGF-7
    Formulated for normal to dry skin, Osmosis Loose Base offers medium to full coverage with a dewy finish. Loose base can be mixed with a moisturizer or sun block to achieve a tinted foundation.
    Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Sericite, Corn Starch Modified, Boron Nitride, Mica, Silica, SRGF-7™ Amino Acid Blend, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet, Ultramarines.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I have been using Cover girl, but now that I live close to a Sephora store I'll probably try to purchase their products. I don't think Cover girl is the best brand, but it has worked for me. I think that spending a little more on better quality products will help with my skin tone.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was using Elizabeth Arden mineral ([loose mineral powder) foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by juicy7326 View Post
    I use mineral powder as well. It leaves a matte finish. I always make sure to moisturize enough before applying mineral powder. What brand do you use? Anyways, for when I want more coverage I use Chanel mat lumiere liquid foundation. It doesn't have a pink/white finish and it covers really well.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mineral powder is gorgeous for me...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would recommend the Revlon Whipped Creme Makeup. It's super easy to apply. I literally slap it on my face within a good 30 seconds and I'm good to go. No brush needed; very easy to blend with fingers. You can build it up to a fuller coverage if you'd like. I find that it looks more natural at a medium coverage. I found a REALLY good colour match so perhaps that's why I love it so much. It does not look like I have makeup on my skin which is something I look for in a foundation. It lasts a decent amount of time. I would say it looks really good for 6 hours on my very oily skin. I don't powder it though. I bet if I did, it would last a lot longer. I am in love with this foundation. I've tried a LOT of foundations (high-end and drugstore) and this is my favourite so far. Good luck with your foundation hunt!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

L'Oreal Tru Match. Love it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Guerlain all the way. It is a bit expensive and can be found at Shoppers but it is a miracle product. I only use a very small amount and mix it in with my moisturizer for a more clean look. It is amazing and I never break out and it lasts all night. My foundation never seems to finish, I always seem to have it for years (although they say you should throw it out after a year)!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I now use Clinique. At Sephora you can make your own foundation, where they make a mix specifically for you. I'm not sure how much it costs, but it's kind of a cool idea.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Old thread but I thought I'd list the ones I'm currently using:

EL Double Wear - I like it, but they don't have a colour that completely matches me. It's a very matte foundation too.
    Bourjois Health Mix Serum - Like it but I should have bought the regular one, since this is meant more for dry skin
    Almay Clear Complexion - Really like this one - lasts for most of the day on me and looks natural
    Revlon Colorstay whipped - I used the regular colorstay and broke out so I only use this once or twice a week. Good coverage, but tends to separate after a few hours and become patchy on me.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I know the original post is a few months old, but I thought I'd chime in anyways.

I have an oily T-zone too and hyper-pigmentation from acne that I had in my late teens so coverage is a huge thing for me.
    Recently I've really liked the combination of using a silicone based primer (Smashbox), MAC's Studio Finish concealer (in the little pot, for spots) and using MAC's Studio Fix powder applied with a dense synthetic flat top brush all over. If I'm going out for a long time or it's humid/hot I'll dust a little silica powder (Makeup Forever HD Powder) over my t-zone for extra oil absorption.

The results aren't cake-y and is lighter than using concealer, liquid foundation and powder- especially in the summer!
    xox2010 likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never use foundation anymore, just my Maybelline or Covergirl BB Cream (and a little concealer for problem spots!)

Thread Information