User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: SDM New Contest (awards coupons for free stuff)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's too bad, cherios - long before this promotion, I was buying this popcorn, and there were times for weeks on end when our SDM has no stock of it - they said they just couldn't keep enough on the shelves, people were going crazy for it since it came out.

As for having the same coupon since the beginning of the contest, it's okay with me, I don't mind getting a free bag of popcorn each week!
    mhk likes this.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I got me a free bag yesterday
    Here's my deal:
    10 x 2.99 Axe - $2.00 coupons = .99 ea
    Used $10 gift card for doing Health survey online = next to nothing PLUS my free bag of popcorn
    Ceren and sweetmomma like this.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What time of day is best to do the entry?
    I am having trouble with Contest cookies saying ( already entered in last 24 hrs)
    I am absolutely willing to play by the rules.
    Is a 4-5 pm daily entry sensible?
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It just needs to be 24 hours since your last one
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Anyone had trouble using the coupon? I don't know how many cashiers have refused to give this to me because they want me to spend $5 on popcorn. And not just $5. One even said "Oh the owner called head office, blah blah." Please. It clearly has a period after "$5" meaning the sentence has ended. If it were what they say it is, the coupon would read "when you spend $5 on popcorn."

The popcorn doesn't even cost that much!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Nope, no issues
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Anyone had trouble using the coupon? I don't know how many cashiers have refused to give this to me because they want me to spend $5 on popcorn. And not just $5. One even said "Oh the owner called head office, blah blah." Please. It clearly has a period after "$5" meaning the sentence has ended. If it were what they say it is, the coupon would read "when you spend $5 on popcorn."

The popcorn doesn't even cost that much!
    No issue here either, seems the cashiers can read!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No problems at all, have been enjoying a bag of popcorn every week.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have redeemed LOTS of these popcorn coupons at 3 different stores.
    I had two cashiers hesitate, out of about 10-12 total popcorn redemptions.
    They had never seen it before and leaned over to ask another staff person, "Is this coupon OK to use?"
    Upon receiving the affirmative response, they just read that coupon quickly and seemed happily surprised that it was free.

One asked where that particular coupon came from because he hoped to get one.
    I responded that it was a Shopper's online daily contest and when we complete the entry, we get the coupon.
    Since he is an employee, not likely eligible for the contest.
    I would have given him a coupon, but it has my name and optimum card number on it for verification ( ie non-tranferrable)

No other issues, other than piles of bags of popcorn and I am getting a bit tired of it.
    There are two flavours in my local stores.

Since the campaign was for about 6-8 weeks, it would have been nice if they had a little variety, such as some of their other store brand snacks in a similar price range ( ie : $2.50 - $3.50 retail)
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sat, May 12th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I've only used this coupon twice. The first girl I had thought the same thing, I had to spend $5 on popcorn, but then I talked her threw the coupon as she read it slowly, taking her time for it to process in her brain then I explained it to her again, and she finally got it. She seemed surprised at it. It was kinda like teaching a toddler why they can't do something they really want to. Take your time, explain several times.

The last time I redeemed I got 3 Advil Nighttimes for $3.99, then handed over the popcorn which scanned. Then I gave the popcorn coupon because at that point my total was well over $5. Then after that I gave my optimum card. THEN I gave my $4 Advil coupons. I had to explain to her she had to adjust the coupon down to $3.99 because I absolutely could NOT have those 3 extra pennies applied. Same thing, she was stunned and confused like a dear in headlights. I had to explain it to her again and she finally got it. I ended up paying $1.56 tax for everything. DH thought I wouldn't be able to do it because after shopping with me he knows all the bullpoop lines the cashiers pull and he bet that they would pull the "but you didn't spend $5" line. She did give me the whole one per purchase bullpoop. Gosh I loathe this argument, I hear it more and more each day.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Popcorn seems to be their only prize! Got coupon for free kettle popcorn when you spend $5.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

No problems redeeming. Just a few hesitant clerks but since no prob. My kids love the popcorn. Easy to buy $5 worth of stuff. - Milk, eggs.
    Natalka likes this.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I only used this coupon twice. I had to stop because in the course of one week, I ate a whole bag of popcorn by myself!! (Hubby is a health nut and looked on disapprovingly!). I put my 2nd bag in my basement for when friends come over. If the popcorn stayed fresh longer, I could have bought more but they expire in July.
    Natalka likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information