User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Shoppers letdown!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to do the 20x the points yesterday and was refused the use of many coupons due to 1 per purchase and 1 per customer written on the coupon. I am ok with this for the coupons that state "1 per customer", but not for the coupon "one per purchase" as I was purchasing more than 1 item and not stacking coupons on one item.

The cashier stated that she got in trouble for not following this before. I told her it was ok and I understood it wasnt her fault.

While she was serving me she has to call for help 2x as a line was forming behind me. I really wasnt buying too much it was just that she was reading each coupon, and then double checking that it didnt have 1 per person/1 per customer written on it.

When I was done I took my things out to my car and went back in to p/up water I had purchased earlier but could not manage to fit on my buggy.

I figured that I could probably do another shop and p/up the items that I wanted earlier but my coupons were refused. Again I went to the same cashier and again she had to call for help. The person that she called must not have liked being called so many times because she called a supervisor and said to her " you can only use 10 coupons per person right", the supervisor agreed with her and then they in turn told the cashier who was serving me this. The cashier serving me said she wasnt aware of this policy. We continued with my transaction figuring out how many coupons I had used and still had to use when the other 2 then said "10 coupons per person per day".

I asked if this was their policy and the supervisor stated yes it was in this store as well as the other 2 in the city and another outside the city, she went on to say it was because they had too many complaints from other customers about the long line ups. I cancelled my second transaction with the exception of 1 item I really needed and left the store a little discouraged. I intended to call the 1-800 number when i got home but I was in a hurry to meet my family at camp. I'm not sure if it is worth the bother anymore.

Thanks for listening!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    es89 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If I was you I would complain to the manager of that store as soon you get back from camp.So long as your coupons say one coupon per purchase and you were purchasing those items what's their problem.You're just as valuable a customer as the other customers who complain about long lineups.The store gets reimbursed for coupons plus handling fee.The customers who complain about lineups shouldn't go shopping if they are in such a hurry.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Jun 17th, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    GoddessDigi and es89 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for this i didnt know about this policy at shoppers excited. I think people need a little more patience. Thanx again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Poirot
    TOTALLY AGREE, WE ALL ARE VALUABLE CUSTOMERS PERIOD.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

My suspicion? There isn't such a policy but it was made up by a fed-up staffer who didn't want to do the work this transaction represented. I expect if you speak to head office or the store owner/manager, you'll find this out.

Sympathies for being treated so badly!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i really believe that its couponers that is keeping half of these stores alive... we are the one's spending big money on 20x the pts days .
    coupons are currency, they are reimbursed plus a handling fee..

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

If the coupon states 1 coupon per person, than it's one. I have been refused at many stores because I didn't read the back of the coupon and it said 1 coupon per person, in case and point...the Zantac coupons. I can see being upset if it said 1 coupon per purchase, but refusing more than one coupon when they are just following the wording on the coupons is correct.

I am learning to read all the wording on the back of my coupons BEFORE I go for a 20X points event, that way I don't have any surprises. I have been called on that wording at SDM, WM and Sobey's, so it may take me a while, but I have learned, lol.

Sorry it messed up your shop, but they were doing the correct thing with any of the coupons that stated 1 coupon per person.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

The denial of one per purchase is against the rules as is 10 per day.. Go to Shoppers Drug mart facebook page.. their policy is on that page, it clearly states you can use as many coupons as you want. Post what happened on the facebook page and the location of the store where this happened. They will contact the store. Or print out the policy and take it to the store.. OR do both.. don't give up until you get results..they were correct in the one per person rule but not with the rest.

Its also a good idea to write down the names of the people who give you a problem so they know who to talk to. They can set limits on the number of items a customer is permitted to purchase but not on the number of coupons as long as its 1 coupon per item. The exception to that is if the coupon limits one per person.
    Last edited by MillieH; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Patty Smyth and Tbites like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Usually even though head office has no limits, all stores has the right to limit. That usually is what I got, stores don't need to accept our coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

What's the point of head office having a coupon policy if the individual stores don't have to follow it?

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    Usually even though head office has no limits, all stores has the right to limit. That usually is what I got, stores don't need to accept our coupons.
    queenkathy and Aimz like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Shoppers stores have to accept the coupons.. they can't limit the coupons.. they can limit how many of each item you purchase.. .. if yu can purchase 10 items you can use 10 coupons.. their policy is pretty clear
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I called the Shopper's 1-800 number tonight, I was pretty much told what was communicated to me on Saturday.

1 coupon per purchase is the same as 1 per transaction.

Regarding the 10 coupons per person per day, he didnt agree with this but did say the stores can make up their own rules. I did ask why Shoppers has a policy posted on their website if the store can makeup their own policies, his reply "they are not making up their own policies they are making their own rules" (same in my opinion)

While I am not ready to completely write off Shopper's (I do like their points) I won't shop there as much as I normally do.
    Patty Smyth and GeorgiaK like this.

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Shoppers is turning out to be the next Zellers for customer service!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by savingsnosecret View Post
    I called the Shopper's 1-800 number tonight, I was pretty much told what was communicated to me on Saturday.

1 coupon per purchase is the same as 1 per transaction.

Regarding the 10 coupons per person per day, he didnt agree with this but did say the stores can make up their own rules. I did ask why Shoppers has a policy posted on their website if the store can makeup their own policies, his reply "they are not making up their own policies they are making their own rules" (same in my opinion)

While I am not ready to completely write off Shopper's (I do like their points) I won't shop there as much as I normally do.
    omg..I used 27 coupons Wed on the 20x point event...never had a problem....12 coupons were for the same items...Seriously,,, you are getting the run around...
    Glad that is not happening here....
    Do more research and fight it..
    Patty Smyth likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I suggest you never hesitate to contact head office as they follow up with the store manager every time Maybe enough of these complaints will help them to realize it's not working!
    Last edited by clearlyconfused; Thu, Nov 29th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information