User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree305Likes

Thread: Anyone else trying to lose weight? What is or is not working for you?

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

That is awesome WandaJean! Way to go!!

I am pleased to report that I am at the lowest weight I have been since 2002!!
    This morning my scale was kind to me and said I am now 198.6, which means I am down another 2.4 pounds for a grand total of 37.4 pounds gone!
    Here is a question. Why is it that your boobs shrink before your belly?
    Seriously! At least when I was 235 pounds everything was proportionate! I didn't eben look like I weighed quite THAT much because I still had a decent shaped figure.
    NOW, I have gone from a full DD cup to a regular C cup (and even that is getting to be too big!) and I look WORSE because of it! I took a bazillion measurements but the main 3 (chest, waist, hips) look like this so far
    Inches lost:
    Chest: 9 inches
    Waist: 4.25 inches
    Hips: 6.5 inches
    I know, I shouldn't complain, but it is a PITA that it is so hard to lose belly fat!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm using Myfitnesspal. It tracks what I eat so if I eat crap, I am accountable. I attempt to stay under my calories most days, and when I splurge now and then, I don't worry about it too much.

I still eat junk, too much of it, but I watch my calories and TRY to stay in a healthy range of fats and whatever.

Around 8th grade I was 135 pounds (about the same I am now) and in about 9 months of eating pure garbage but walking CONSTANTLY, I lost 20 lbs. Zero effort. I still hated gym and would not participate, but walking was not hard.

I'm 134 today, I have lost 4 pounds of what I assume is water weight since I started working out and tracking what I eat two weeks ago. But it's a start, and I am happy! I don't cut out things I like. I eat them, just less of them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I lost about 5 pounds just by eating healthier and cutting out fast food from my diet.
    time goes by like a shooting star ~

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I use my fitness pal also, but haven't been on in the past couple of weeks much because I just had dental surgery, I been eating lots of soft foods and haven't been walking..when your mouth is full of pain..you really don't feel like doing much..but I have been feeling better the past few days and will start my walking and biking by weeks end.
    Even though I have lost the weight..there still the fat tumtum..it won't go away..its the only place I am fat..so I really don't know where I have lost the weight..lol..if you look at me from the front Im ok..but when I turn sideways....yikes!!! LOL
    lecale likes this.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Wow. I don't know who it was that first posted about myfitness pal earlier in this thread, but wow!

I signed up just the other day and I am learning so much!!! I had tried to keep a food diary before but it was tough. I did it the old school way. Pen and paper and reading my labels. lol. What a pain! Myfitnesspal makes it so much easier.

I like how all the food is already in the database. A little discouraging though. I had a couple cans of Coke and the calorie count shot through the roof and i was like, "oh man. No supper for me now." LOL. J/K. But seriously, I didn't realize how much I was eating in a day or how quickly it was adding up. Really, the trick isn't learning to eat less; rather, learning to eat smarter. I see now where some of my issues are--like the mayo or the salad dressing or the darned nibbling. A chip here or a handful of dry shreddies there and the snacking adds up! What I really need to do is go stuff my fridge full of veggies again. I don't know how I got sidetracked with the summertime hamburgers, chips, pop, marshmallow junk food fiesta.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ninna, that's the ONLY reason I can do this, because it's easy and involves little thinking. Don't worry if you go over your calories, just learn to cut back. Instead of another coke, have some water. Caffeinated drinks are a habit, they're hard to get rid of so don't be discouraged!

I really didn't understand either how many calories I actually needed. I'm around 1300 for my weight, I thought I was good until TWO THOUSAND before. Boy was I wrong, no wonder I packed on the pounds. It's all about learning though!
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I just started with MFP last week and already lost 4 pounds! Add me if you are looking for friends: canadianbugga
    CheriBomb likes this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    I'm hoping to start soon. I'm nursing a broken foot right now, should be able to be walking around August/September (I broke it in Feb). My husband and I have talked and agreed to start watching what we eat (no more fast food!) and swimming. We're going to get a membership to the YMCA here. I've been in WW and will be adding what I learned there into our routine
    I gained weight when I broke my foot too, but I was only out of commission for 2 months (well with crutches, but walking far was definitely hard). Once I started walking again the weight slipped right off. The next summer I biked everywhere and lost more weight (more than I needed too). However 3 years later my left calf is still smaller than my right, it's not noticeable to others, but I can still tell.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBomb View Post
    That is awesome WandaJean! Way to go!!

I am pleased to report that I am at the lowest weight I have been since 2002!!
    This morning my scale was kind to me and said I am now 198.6, which means I am down another 2.4 pounds for a grand total of 37.4 pounds gone!
    Here is a question. Why is it that your boobs shrink before your belly?
    Seriously! At least when I was 235 pounds everything was proportionate! I didn't eben look like I weighed quite THAT much because I still had a decent shaped figure.
    NOW, I have gone from a full DD cup to a regular C cup (and even that is getting to be too big!) and I look WORSE because of it! I took a bazillion measurements but the main 3 (chest, waist, hips) look like this so far
    Inches lost:
    Chest: 9 inches
    Waist: 4.25 inches
    Hips: 6.5 inches
    I know, I shouldn't complain, but it is a PITA that it is so hard to lose belly fat!
    Wow!! That is some great results so far CheriBomb!!

I know exactly what that is like too ( losing what little boobs I had) but eventually when all our weight comes off and we get to that healthy number, the measurements should even out too....geez I hope they do! lol

Also another thing about weight loss when you are a little ( ahem) older is all the wrinkles on your face come out to celebrate the lost pounds with you!!! ( and they aren't just stopping by....they somehow think it's funny to move right in!! )
    harbie, Patty Smyth and lecale like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    130 (96%)

Ok, wrinkles?! That is NOT cool!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I signed up for m fitness pal tonight.........looking forward to posting some great results.
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    I just started with MFP last week and already lost 4 pounds! Add me if you are looking for friends: canadianbugga
    added you . You are my first friend lol

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    added you . You are my first friend lol
    Woo hoo!
    harbie likes this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

requested you as friend bugga
    BuggaBugga likes this.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So, I was just looking through some of the facts about fat and stuff on the Provida website

http://www.livestrong.com/article/54...body-makeover/

that offers the 6wbm plan that I am doing and I read there that one pound of fat equals 3,500 calories.

Then I wondered if I multiplied the 42 lbs I lost since April 18th,2012 by 3,500 calories....( yes I know that some of the weight I lost included water, who knows, maybe even muscle too, hope not though) could I accurately say that I have lost the equivalent of 147,000 calories??

It would sound awesome to say that I lost the weight by NOT consuming that huge number of calories eh? It has been 87 days on this plan so far and that would be the equivalent of cutting out 1690 calories each day! My goodness ...makes me wonder how many I used to take in daily before??
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Jul 13th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    harbie, lecale, ninna and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information