User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Food Basics ALWAYS running out of sale items

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    I try to shop as close to opening on Friday morning ( most retailers) ( or whatever is the first hours of the sale; Sat at SDM, Wed at Fresh Co and Giant Tiger)

The other choice is to price-match at another retailer.

Fresh Co and Food Basics are becoming a flyer to take to another retailer for a price-match instead of a destination store.
    A friend has the same issue with No Frills and Food Basics in her city. She says if she doesn`t get to the store on the first day of the sale, the seniors will take all the good stuff. Haha.

So she is doing the same -- pop in for the flyer and then out the exit door. She price matches at Zellers, Walmart, Canadian Tire or RCSS. Whichever store is closest and whichever has the best customer service with coupons.

Easy peasy.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Also wanted to mention not sure if it is just my Food Basic's but alot of time the prices carry over the next week we did run out of Europes Best Fruit last week 2.79 apx well it is still on so always keep your eyes peeled

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

I had pretty much already given up on the food basics near my house, but even more so now that I don't have a car. It's just so much easier at this point to just price match, and not have to make another trip.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

The food basics around our house is the same, I remember last time they had oasis on sale for 1.88, I went there at 1:00 Friday afternoon, I thought I'd see plenty of them, but no, only a few of the weird flavour bottles left, that no one wants, I went back again on Saturday morning, nothing again, I checked back the following monday, still nothing, so I finally gave up and PM at wal-mart, I dont shop at food basics anymore, unless they have a really good sale and I can't PM anywhere.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have also noticed our walmart is mysteriously out of stock of good sale items, not sure if lots of people price match the first day of the sale or if they just hide it all

I gotta find a job where I don't work Fridays so I can get better deals lol
    KK7 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

our fb is pretty bad here too.... each time i come in and there is something "out of stock". Last time i was there there were a few of us waiting to see the status of a product and we started to talk amongst ourselves about the fact of sale items never in stock. So when the we were informed that it was out of stock we asked to talk to the owner. There were 3 seperate families complaing to him about this, so he quickly offered a substitution.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

well I think you all live in the wrong spot then lol ; )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Freshco does this often. One time they had V8 fusion on sale in one flyer, but it was on sale on the shelf for at least 3 weeks afterward. I'm sad to hear everyone is having so much trouble with Food Basics. I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Also wanted to mention not sure if it is just my Food Basic's but alot of time the prices carry over the next week we did run out of Europes Best Fruit last week 2.79 apx well it is still on so always keep your eyes peeled
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just sent Food Basics "a sample" of our comments on this forum. Will be curious what they say. Will post IF they reply.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

hmm hope you left peoples usernames out I am sure you didn't send any my comments but sure wouldn't post in this thread if I knew your sending them off to companys just my 2 cents

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

hmm hope you left peoples usernames out I am sure you didn't send any my comments but sure wouldn't post in this thread if I knew your sending them off to companys just my 2 cents
    I'm pretty sure companies/businesses browse this forum anyway. It's a public forum after all.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is a public message board that anyone in the world can see...if you're uneasy with other people seeing your comments, think twice before posting! Either way, I don't think a company would track you down and ban you from their store for posting something here

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

It is a public forum but I think in my opinion Sc'ers should ask before sending other peoples comments to companys. I am not that dumb to know anyone can look on here and I never said anything against Food Basic's I love them or so hope I should said I work for them. It is called a respect issue.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Mine is still out of cereal LOL
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information