Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By momgoneawol
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By Darth Penguin

Thread: Olymel Chicken rant

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

So I went to Coopers today and they had a deal b1g1 free Olymel chicken I also had a 2.50$ off coupon as well. I went there to find out originally they were 14.99$ never tried it so I thought I would buy it since it was such a 'great' deal. So I get home to find out they were bbq which I did not read before hand and i don't like bbq. Also opened it to make them there was not enough in the package for 2 people. They box was under HALF full. It is not worth the 15$ nor the half off. I'm sending them an email explaining their product is way overpriced.

To add to it it did not taste like bbq but very spicy. The batter was gross and the chicken was very fatty and disgusting. Will never buy it again.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by nephora; Wed, Apr 25th, 2012 at 03:06 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

The only good thing is I got 2 coupon booklets so I will use them to trade.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I found the only way I like those BBQ ones (I hate anything hot or spicy) is if I wait till the next day and chop them up for a chicken salad sandwich or wrap, that kind of thing.
    I only buy them when they are on sale for $5 and use a coupon. They are quite gross but a teen boy will eat almost anything.
    solarpower likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I believe the box has the weight printed on it, and as like any product, it is sold by weight. Unless the plant had something wrong with there packager, I'm sure the weight would be correct. I don't eat processed,boxed foods like that, nor do I feed them to my grandchildren. They are full of who knows what, and usually are not made with the leanest products. I find it much easier to make my own and use chicken breast. Sorry that you had a bad expeirence with the product. That price has more to do with the store than the manufacturer. I would be contacting the store. I see them all the time on sale for $5.99 or so a package, and if you were to use a $2.50 coupon on each one, and you didn't like it, you could return one box and not be out to much money.
    mrsfreeman likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Are these nuggets, chunkies, wings, something else?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

These were chicken nuggets

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have the $2.50 off coupons but haven't found a good "buy" price yet, so haven't tried them. The box says 600 grams, surely that's enough for two people? Wasn't there an Olymel review on this site that was favorable to this brand? I usually make my own chicken strips these days, but I found the premium Janes made with chicken breast meat to be quite good (not the cheaper preformed ones).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

marstec no there was not enough for two people. i will never buy them again. stick with james that is a good brand

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

600 grams is over 1lb of food....that's more than enough protein for 2 adults as a main course...

Of course teens would eat that as a snack and still need a 7 course meal as a desert!
    solarpower likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

These are made with something other than chicken meat...the "meat" is very sponge-y...so nothing that I would strive to buy again. I did try them with the $2.50 coupons when they were on sale at Metro for $4.99, so I guess paying $2.50 for them wasn't a total loss. Have to try everything once.....but not this one twice.
    The quantity in the box is enough to feed 2 adults, or 1 adult & 2 little kids.
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Thread Information