User Tag List

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bekki3 View Post
    I think this will end (the selling and hoarding of coupons) once WM stops having overages!
    I can see this coming!! Actually, what I would like to see is for them to allow overage still, but not to allow it on trial sized products. If you have a coupon for a regular sized item and it happens to be on sale and you get an overage ( like when they had the full size Gilette foamy for $1.50 and using the $5 gilette you get $.50 overage ) that would be ok. But buying hundreds of small trial sizes to get a few dollars in your pocket isnt quite right.
    MamaF likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    If you can't feed your child without using overage, perhaps you should have had less children? And Im not trying to be mean, but theres really no nice way of saying it.

Your children are not the responsibility of Unilever. Sorry
    That's harsh, Jenny, and overly simplistic.
    Jezebel, mcminsen and bmpsmommy like this.

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    If you can't feed your child without using overage, perhaps you should have had less children? And Im not trying to be mean, but theres really no nice way of saying it.

Your children are not the responsibility of Unilever. Sorry
    So because my husband lost his job(when we used to be able to support our family), and he has struggled with finding something that has the equal amount of pay. I should not have so many kids. I'm sorry but I feel that comment to be unecessarily cruel. Please don't try to act like you know my situation....the recession hit everyone at varying stages in their life, and we just happen tobe having a hard time recovering from it.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by one.smart.mom View Post
    So because my husband lost his job(when we used to be able to support our family), and he has struggled with finding something that has the equal amount of pay. I should not have so many kids. I'm sorry but I feel that comment to be unecessarily cruel. Please don't try to act like you know my situation....the recession hit everyone at varying stages in their life, and we just happen tobe having a hard time recovering from it.
    I'm not trying to be harsh at all. Im also sorry if you felt it was cruel. I am not trying to be. My point is that its not unilevers responsibility. I truly truly feel bad for your situation. But its things like this that make couponing hard for people who are trying to save money, rather than make it.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We had this exact thread last year, complete with all the calls to Unilever and nothing changed

As for outing ebay'ers - there are SCers who take whole pads to trade for GCs too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    We had this exact thread last year, complete with all the calls to Unilever and nothing changed

As for outing ebay'ers - there are SCers who take whole pads to trade for GCs too
    I do believe last year there was an uproar around P&G.... and they change the stacking rules AND limited trials on most of the coupons.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

P&G have nothing to do with Nexxus, there was uproar about both (and more uproar when P&G did change the rules)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    P&G have nothing to do with Nexxus, there was uproar about both (and more uproar when P&G did change the rules)
    Yeah I know Unilever is Nexxus... but thats what I mean though, people made PG aware of what was happening and they changed the wording. Now people have contacted nexxus and they will follow suit as well.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

But they made Unilever aware last year... didnt change anything
    ~ ~ ~

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

yesterday i was at shoppers before i would reach to get some coupons one lady grabe all of it form both sides her bag was full of diffrent coupons so i said forget this one go to nest one if i can get i wento other isle and gone 3rd isle she was getiing peeplie ohh GOd my sister was with me she said i cant see this anymore and shut my mouth she wento that lady and said excume mam if you dont mine can i ask you one question she said sure my sister said Do you know what does stealing mean
    that lady gave a bad look to us and said what do u mean my sister sai di just need defination for stealing she said its when you take somone stuff with out permision so my sister said and is it goood or bad
    she said ofcourse its bad
    so my sister said DO you know YOu r doing it right now i mean you are stealing it ,lady siad excusme dont you dae to talk to me like that you indain people do this not us .
    so my sister said sorry with respect but dont bring culture reliton rase in to this my point is people are loooking for tear pad coupons this is everyones property not just only one person and if you as u siad taking other people stuff withoput permision i stealing whch you are doing you should take max of 3 to 5 its when you see there are alottt but you taking all of it not evening leaving one for anyone she got so mad and she said you guys should be ashame of your slef this is our country not yours you dont hav eany rights on these ohh comon so itold my sister to lets go by then manager came he took all coupons from her lol

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Amy4coupons View Post
    yesterday i was at shoppers before i would reach to get some coupons one lady grabe all of it form both sides her bag was full of diffrent coupons so i said forget this one go to nest one if i can get i wento other isle and gone 3rd isle she was getiing peeplie ohh GOd my sister was with me she said i cant see this anymore and shut my mouth she wento that lady and said excume mam if you dont mine can i ask you one question she said sure my sister said Do you know what does stealing mean
    that lady gave a bad look to us and said what do u mean my sister sai di just need defination for stealing she said its when you take somone stuff with out permision so my sister said and is it goood or bad
    she said ofcourse its bad
    so my sister said DO you know YOu r doing it right now i mean you are stealing it ,lady siad excusme dont you dae to talk to me like that you indain people do this not us .
    so my sister said sorry with respect but dont bring culture reliton rase in to this my point is people are loooking for tear pad coupons this is everyones property not just only one person and if you as u siad taking other people stuff withoput permision i stealing whch you are doing you should take max of 3 to 5 its when you see there are alottt but you taking all of it not evening leaving one for anyone she got so mad and she said you guys should be ashame of your slef this is our country not yours you dont hav eany rights on these ohh comon so itold my sister to lets go by then manager came he took all coupons from her lol

Awwww, how terrible she would bring race into it sorry you went through that. You were right though, she was wrong to do that.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Threads like this happen everytime there's an overage coupon. Aspirin, Gillette, Advil Night, Nexxus last year...

The ones who call foul the loudest are usually the ones with massive stockpiles full of comparable products. I can't help but wonder how many people complaining about a lack of Nexxus have stockpiles full of free Dove or LaCoupe hair care products.
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: because I promise I can spell, really!

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    Threads like this happen everytime there's an overage coupon. Aspirin, Gillette, Advil Night, Nexxus last year...

The ones who call foul the loudest are usually the ones with massive stockpiles full of comparable products. I can't help but wonder how many people complaining about a lack of Nexxus have stockpiles full of free Dove or LaCoupe hair care products.
    Thank you!....Nuff Said!
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    Amy, that's insanely hard to read without caps, punctuation or proper spelling.

Not necessary to the "people roaring loudest...." comment. I'm pretty choked about it, and I don't have a single trial item in my whole stock pile ( unless it was a bonus with a full size product )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by one.smart.mom View Post
    I am new here, I have been browsing the forums as a guest for quite some time.
    The fact of this thread is what prompted me to finally become a member, because I just "Had" to weigh in on the subject.
    I am not sure to whom "That Site" refers but I don't necessarily feel what they are doing is wrong, or "Overage Abuse" as someone had stated.

Now I know everyone has varying points of view and I do not by any means wish to anger anyone or create a "Rift" anywhere on the site but....I feel it necessary to state a couple of things.

1) the coupon does not specify a size requirement - therefore you are free to purchase whatever size you like (even trial or travel) Alberto-Culver/Unilever has many products and as any couponer knows.....alot of their coupons specify a "Size" that the coupon is valid on.
    They know "We" use their items on trial and travel sizes, and if they didn't want us to they would specify it on the coupon.
    Their marketing people are not stupid, they do this for a living, and they get paid very well to do it.

So please don't think they "Don't Know" this is occuring. They do!

2) Both Walmart and Giant Tiger have "overage" policies in place, if it were "Illegal or Immoral" to do this, these policies would not be there.

3) For the person who complained about the negative environmental impact of these "Travel/Trial Sizes", I am not sure about your province..or town....but mine allows me to recycle plastic...of just about every kind, and because members of my family live in BC I know they do as well.

4) To whomever mentioned about the womens shelter not accepting "Trial Sizes" as donations......here in Alberta in my closest major city... they take whatever they can get. As well the Food Bank takes trial sizes, and I have made many a donation of these items in the past, and plan to continue making these donations.

I have had to, on previous occaisons use the food bank, as well as a womens shelter and I appreciated anything I recieved from these. I did not care that it was trial size....it could have come in a styrofoam cup! I was just happy to have a shower and be able to clean myself!

Now that all being said.... I have a very large family of 8, and an extremely low income. I use coupons, and coupon overage every chance I get to be able to provide that little bit extra on my meal table.
    I have been couponing for quite some time, and do not really see how using overage to save money is "abuse". The whole point of couponing is to better be equipped to support yourself and/or your family, save money, try new products, and if you are lucky enough to be able to....give back to the community.(which I would like to believe most couponers do)

In Regards to ebay sellers......I buy off ebay. I live quite far away from my closest major city, and at least 20-25 minutes from the nearest town. To me....the money I would spend in fuel, driving in to "coupon hunt" a couple of times a week....far outweighs the money I spend purchasing coupons from ebay sellers.
    Do I agree with Tearpad clearing just to sell.....No, definitely not, but I do believe some of these sellers are helping out people like me who do not recieve inserts in their paper, who just do not have the ease of access to tearpads. So I guess you could say...I am on the fence on this one. I love that I can still get access to these coupons where I normally would never be able to, but on the other side of the spectrum I do not believe clearing tearpads is morally ethical. It's a touchy topic, but I do believe there are others out there like me.
    (I do make it a point of only purchasing from sellers who state they are donating a portion or all of the profits they make to good causes.)

In regards to The Nexxus Coupon in general.
    We all knew it was coming, we were all watching for it, and we all knew it would go quickly, just because we coupon does not "Entitle" us to tearpad availability, if you want great savings you have to really work at it.
    We all know about the overage, and I am positive not everyone here plans on using it on full size bottles. (Despite all the claims)

I however am not afraid to say....I found the tearpad! I took 20, and I plan on using every one of those on yup you guessed it.....TRAVEL SIZE bottles....so that I can use the overage to put food on my table. If that makes me immoral or an abuser so be it but at least my children are eating!!!!
    My children are eating without overages, I don't need to learn to use them as crutch's to do something ; )

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information