User Tag List

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Yeah thats why I was saying that sometimes the username can be hard to tell by, as people can have the same user name. However, if the return address is the same as a trader.... theres no question.
    I don't think you should post any names either. When I posted Crispiecream's name uncovering her as the stealer of SDM points the MODs got mad at me because I had no proof. They did not even asked me what kind of proof I had !! .... If they had listened people would not have lost all those gift cards with the KEurig scam.

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    My children are eating without overages, I don't need to learn to use them as crutch's to do something ; )
    Tell me that when your husband loses his job, gets a new one at half pay of the old one. Tell me you wouldn't use overages to help out with the grocery bill. Put yourself in that "Exact" situation, you do what you have to, in order to take care of your family. In a perfect world everyone would be on par financially, bills would be affordable, recessions wouldn't happen, and job security would be guaranteed. A perfect world it is not...nor will it ever be.
    Sooooo......
    Everyone can rant and rave about the overage "issue" not that I even really see it as an issue. To each their own. In my case it seriously helps me to make ends meet, and I will continue to do it, on full size and trial sizes.( as long as coupons continue to not have size restrictions )

I do have one question for everyone though....would this be such an issue if a full size bottle of Nexxus was $2.00 and you got $1.00 overage? Probably not., but again to each their own.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by one.smart.mom View Post
    Tell me that when your husband loses his job, gets a new one at half pay of the old one. Tell me you wouldn't use overages to help out with the grocery bill. Put yourself in that "Exact" situation, you do what you have to, in order to take care of your family. In a perfect world everyone would be on par financially, bills would be affordable, recessions wouldn't happen, and job security would be guaranteed. A perfect world it is not...nor will it ever be.
    Sooooo......
    Everyone can rant and rave about the overage "issue" not that I even really see it as an issue. To each their own. In my case it seriously helps me to make ends meet, and I will continue to do it, on full size and trial sizes.( as long as coupons continue to not have size restrictions )

I do have one question for everyone though....would this be such an issue if a full size bottle of Nexxus was $2.00 and you got $1.00 overage? Probably not., but again to each their own.
    oh sorry your peaching to the very wrong choir lol no disrespect to you but don't get upset with me and rant I try to leave a very short response but since we want to bring out the violins I am a single mom have been for the past 14 and half years and have diploma's. Hmm how far do I go back in work history I have been working retail since Sept min wage before that was out work for 9 months(NO Ontario Works, No Unemployment) Before that worked for a year as a Supply Teacher my hours?? When they called me NEVER a set schedule. I just did my income tax return what to know my income for 2011???3,000 for the year! I could go on but really not worth my time or energy.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Sooooo......

If the full sized bottles were $2 then that would be much diferent. If the full sized bottles were only $2, the coupon would be lower. The intent of those coupons are to save money on an expensive product, not to find a loop hole.

Im so tired of people who seem to have a sense of entitlement. Just because a person has a low income, that does not give them the right to do things like that. That would be like expecting police not to throw you in jail for stealing a turkey ( for example ) because you need to feed your family.

If you really have a hard time feeding your family, there are government programs to help, plus food banks. You mentioned you had 6 children?? Would you not be raking in a butt load of child tax?? Would that not be enough to feed a family?

I have 3 children, and do not have the benefit of receiving Child tax or gst or any other kind of benefits. In addition to NOT receiving any benefits we pay Huge amounts of taxes each year to help with struggling families. ( Still only April and my husband has paid in nearly $40,000 in taxes this year already!! ) so not only is almost half our money going towards helping struggling families, now because of these same people, when I want to buy a $14 bottle of conditioner, I have to pay full price because they are using the coupons for overage.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Maybe this will lighten the mood a bit and give everyone a laugh
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/110842245955

Value in Coupons $40 purchaced for $36!!!!! WHAT you bought coupons to save you $4 IF you use them all. This is crazy who would spend this kind of money on COUPONs, I love my coupons but they are suppose to help bring my bill down not for me to purchase them.

Thank you Ebay Selller: thecrazycouponlady for taking all these coupons because I didn't even see them and for taking the majority of the Nexxus coupons because I haven't seen any in Hamilton!!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennyfromtherock View Post
    so not only is almost half our money going towards helping struggling families, now because of these same people, when i want to buy a $14 bottle of conditioner, i have to pay full price because they are using the coupons for overage.
    amen sister lol
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just a friendly reminder about the Rant forum...

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/285245-...e-read-canada/

"Welcome to the new rants sections
    This is the place for you to write about your not so fortunate experiences. It could be a shopping experience or a personal one.

But please make sure you are not attacking other people or members. Don't insult or offend people with your rant and be considerate

Also from personal experience a well written complaint, backed up with some sort of proof or clear explanation, is more respected and taken more seriously by others "
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Add link
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Wow, there sure seems to be a lot of people who REALLY wanted those coupons to buy the large bottles of Nexxus.

Everyone is talking about the Nexxus brand these days, it sounds like a really good marketing strategy to me...
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sooooo......

To be fair the overage abuse only ends up hurting all couponers in the long run as you'll get coupons with far more restrictive wording in the future. I'm truthfully very surprised to see Nexxus put out a similar non-restrictive coupon after every Walmart in Canada was wiped out of trial sized shampoo for over 6 months.

I can understand the financial strain many families are under but while a bit of overage is nice really it shouldn't be used as a means of extra finances. Trust me... husband lost his job(s) twice last year and took work for less pay each time but if I was counting on overages to get by I would have been sadly disappointed as shelves around here are wiped clear. Better budgeting, cutting back, and well planned spending managed to get us by.
    KK7 and mrsfreeman like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    Wow, there sure seems to be a lot of people who REALLY wanted those coupons to buy the large bottles of Nexxus.

Everyone is talking about the Nexxus brand these days, it sounds like a really good marketing strategy to me...

I use the conditioner, not the shampoo, and its expensive!!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I didn't know there was coupon for the nexxus coupons I going to check my local sdm to see if I can find some because I did't know there was this types of coupons since dh friend do couponing they don't tell and give so I tell don't tell them and don't give them none coupons because when they get they don't give you and they don't tell you since I tell him that he stop calling people to tell then were I find the coupons and I don't cares if people talk behine my back since they are good on that

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I use both the shampoo and conditioner and it is really good. Don't need the coupons because I stocked up last year when SDM had them on special with extra bonus points. I have seen empty tear pads at one SDM here.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    I use both the shampoo and conditioner and it is really good. Don't need the coupons because I stocked up last year when SDM had them on special with extra bonus points. I have seen empty tear pads at one SDM here.
    I am too cheap to use both. lol, I think using the shampoo is redundant because it has the same essentials in it as the conditioner. I use Dove shampoo, because its much cheaper. It gets washed out anyway, so in my opinion, its just as good. I do use the nexxus conditioner though, since it is left in a while ( while I shower ) and It makes my hair feel great. So for the "cleaning" part... dove works for me, but the Nexxus conditioner makes my hair feel great!! Maybe thats something to try?? I find it works just as good as the Nexxus shampoo and the conditioner and basically half the cost.

Nexxus Shampoo and Nexxus Conditioner: $25
    Dove Shampoo and Nexxus Conditioner: Under $15!!!

I have tried both ways and my hair feels the same both ways!!!
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not upset, I just feel I need to put a little validity behind my point is all. Like I said in my original post. I don't wish to anger anyone, or wish to cause rifts. I just feel this entire "Nexxus Overage" reaction is a bit much I guess(i do however understand the validity of the ebay/nexxus issue). That being said I don't see the problem with overages. Especially if it helps me to say...buy bananas.

I used to be a single mom prior to meeting my husband...back before my days of couponing. I wish I had known then what I know now about coupons in general and overages and stacking. It would have made my life so much easier.

In regards to Jenny's comment about "Child Tax" that my dear...pays the bills, and what is left pays for the groceries, and much to contrary belief is not a huge amount of money for an entire month.(not that it's anyone's business but I feel it necessary to defend myself)
    I also feel it necessary to state that.....We are not a drain on your "Tax Dollars" hence the couponing. I dedicate alot of time to couponing in order to prevent us being another statistic of the poor economy. I am trying to avoid having to access those government programs so that other families that may be homeless, or absolutely destitute have it available to use.
    I grew up in a very poor town in BC and unfortunately watched abuse of the system there, so it has made me strive to not have to use it.

Also I do not feel that because I am low income that it "Entitles" me to anything, I work hard to save money everywhere I can....my hard work and common sense helps with the groceries, that's it. It is in the stores policy, there is no restrictions on the coupon. By Law (Legally) I am doing nothing wrong. Ethically and morally I don't feel I am doing anything wrong either.

Just sayin.....
    AshleyRobertson likes this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I am not upset, I just feel I need to put a little validity behind my point is all. Like I said in my original post. I don't wish to anger anyone, or wish to cause rifts. I just feel this entire "Nexxus Overage" reaction is a bit much I guess(i do however understand the validity of the ebay/nexxus issue). That being said I don't see the problem with overages. Especially if it helps me to say...buy bananas.

I used to be a single mom prior to meeting my husband...back before my days of couponing. I wish I had known then what I know now about coupons in general and overages and stacking. It would have made my life so much easier.

In regards to Jenny's comment about "Child Tax" that my dear...pays the bills, and what is left pays for the groceries, and much to contrary belief is not a huge amount of money for an entire month.(not that it's anyone's business but I feel it necessary to defend myself)
    I also feel it necessary to state that.....We are not a drain on your "Tax Dollars" hence the couponing. I dedicate alot of time to couponing in order to prevent us being another statistic of the poor economy. I am trying to avoid having to access those government programs so that other families that may be homeless, or absolutely destitute have it available to use.
    I grew up in a very poor town in BC and unfortunately watched abuse of the system there, so it has made me strive to not have to use it.

Also I do not feel that because I am low income that it "Entitles" me to anything, I work hard to save money everywhere I can....my hard work and common sense helps with the groceries, that's it. It is in the stores policy, there is no restrictions on the coupon. By Law (Legally) I am doing nothing wrong. Ethically and morally I don't feel I am doing anything wrong either.

Just sayin.....

Im glad you use couponing in order to not be a statistic. I think its great you use coupons. I think everyone should regardless of income. However, again, there is a thin line between use and abuse...... saving money is using them, making money is abusing them.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information