User Tag List

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol you are right, my mistake, I still really don't care tho, I stick to my feelings from my earlier posting
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

This thread is why people don't feel comfortable posting brags or discussing which coupons they've found etc. If you post something someone doesn't like you're basically going to be called down to the lowest. I couldn't imagine telling someone let alone a complete stranger that I know nothing about that because they sometimes rely on coupon overages to get extras to feed their family that maybe that shouldn't of had so many children, thats terrible. I've seen/heard of doing a heck of a lot worse things to provide for your family in tough times. Getting overages from coupons isn't illegal its even in the coupon policy at walmart so clearly they don't frown upon it. Taking entire tear pads is wrong I agree and thats where the discussion should have ended. As adults (I'm 22 so I'm sure most of you are older than me) cant we all just agree to disagree without being catty and digging up old posts and trying one up each other. Smartcanucks is supposed to be a positive forum and I'm pretty sure this thread has made more than one person feel like dirt about the way they use coupons.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    cant find anything on that!! lol!!
    I can't find anything for 'That site' either ... hmmm
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Like a moth to flame I couldn't resist. I had to say, that after all this time of being so opinionated about my coupon use choices, seeing K8's post has definitely opened my eyes a LOT. Thank you K8

I do feel that your harsh opinions of me and my previous posts were quite injudicious, on your part. Especially when all this while you have been receiving savings using overage yourself.

Not that I have a problem with that....you could be a millionaire and it still would not matter to me how you chose to coupon, buy a million little bottles, big bottles, I'm impartial either way, I just don't feel that the judgement made on your part was at all fair. If I am wrong in the decision I do apologize.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by one.smart.mom View Post
    Like a moth to flame I couldn't resist. I had to say, that after all this time of being so opinionated about my coupon use choices, seeing K8's post has definitely opened my eyes a LOT. Thank you K8

I do feel that your harsh opinions of me and my previous posts were quite injudicious, on your part. Especially when all this while you have been receiving savings using overage yourself.

Not that I have a problem with that....you could be a millionaire and it still would not matter to me how you chose to coupon, buy a million little bottles, big bottles, I'm impartial either way, I just don't feel that the judgement made on your part was at all fair. If I am wrong in the decision I do apologize.

I never said "overage" was bad. This whole thread is about people taking excess tear pads, and using them for the sole purpose of making money. I have gotten overage quite a few times.... did I steal a tear pad to do it? No. Did I misuse a coupon by using on a trial sized for the sole purpose of making money? No. Thats the problem.

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts. You found a nexxus tear pad and took 20 right? Those displays have 100 coupons on them. 50 front, 50 back.... so up to 100 people can benefit from that pad. Even if 50 people took 2 each, then 50 people can benefit. But no, greedy people arent happy with 1, 2 or even 10!! If everyone took 20 like you did.... that means only 5 people in your entire area gets to benefit from that coupon. seems a little unfair dosnt it?? What gives you the right to 20....? Do you ever think about all the other people looking for it?
    maidennomore likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I haven't had much to say in the way of this thread. I feel its your choice to do as you please. However you comment about being some people being couponers and because of that have this feeling of "entitlement" to tearpad availability, and having to work at savings, completely rubbed me the wrong way. I've been couponing for a long time now. I actually happened to find the nexxus coupons the last go about. Saying that I need to work at it, is kinda hard to do when someone in my town (and I know it is one person because they hunt down the coupons to buy stuff like this to make the overage, and then sell their stockpile for even more money - they even have a FB page dedicated to it), walks up and takes the entire tear pad, and then drives to the other 3 shoppers in our town and takes the other tear pads!

Please enlighten me on how the heck i'm supposed to work harder at it!? Am I supposed to be out every night after work visiting every store in town to ensure I make it there first!? Please explain how I am to stop them from taking the $4 pantene peelies, or even the $1.50 pantene peelies, because they see fit?! Should I knock on their door like some vigilante and demand they hand over a portion of the nexxus coupons to me?!??

I really don't think its my responsibility to work "harder" at couponing, when some people should show self restraint and not take 20 nexxus coupons in a single visit. I think Jenny's comment was misintended. Just because someone feels its their right to be able to take those coupons because it provides hard earned money for putting food on the table, doesn't mean the rest of us don't want to be able to have access to that coupon, FOR OUR OWN PERSONAL REASONS. It also doesn't justify your right to take 20 at a time, while leaving none for me for my family to be able to cash in as well.
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

According to seasoned staff at Walmart and the customer service manager they don't get the full value of the coupon back from the manufacturer, they get the actual cost of the items purchased. Walmart is out the overage money not the manufacturer. If you notice, many of the cashiers write the actual price on the coupon. Walmart does the price matching and the coupon overage to take business away from other businesses, they aren't doing it because they actually care about us. They just want to get us in their stores. If the coupon states for use on 'any' use it on any. If you get overage , Walmart allows you to determine whether you use it to buy something in the store or take the cash. It amazes me that we can get this option and I use any overage I can get to buy dog food so we have something to eat when we retire ;o) ...

The opportunities are there legally to save and even earn a bit of money. If you want to invest the time and effort to make use of it, do so. People should be happy for you.. have you ever noticed that when you are around happy people you feel a little better. Thats because happy people just want others to be happy, they have no desire to build themselves up by bringing someone else down.

A person's words is a reflection of who they are, not who you are.

I do buy coupons on ebay if I am unable to find or trade for them.. and I do have some nexxus for trade.. :o)
    AshleyRobertson and kaylamcd like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

The viewers on this thread just keeps growing and growing lol
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not stating that anyone has to be a "Tearpad Vigilante" in any way shape or form.
    I am just saying that just because we "Coupon" it doesn't entitle us to getting a couple of coupons off every tearpad out there.
    Are there people out there abusing coupons for sale or re-sale of couponed Items. There sure are....is there anything we can do about it....probably not.
    Aside from a couple of well written letters to distributors of the coupons, store management etc. and if you see it happening maybe stepping in and calling on that persons common sense.

All I am trying to say is that if you want to save money using coupons whatever way you see fit...you have to work at it. Watch for the tearpads and maybe "when taking the kids for the soccer game or what have you" make an extra stop to have a peek a little more often.
    If I happen to be in town and I know that there are new tearpads coming out I will make that extra effort to stop in. Does it always pay off...no. Does it help...you bet!

As far as the me taking 20 Nexxus coupons ...your darn right I did. I LOVE Nexxus Products. They are awesome. Do I plan on using every one of those coupons. Yes I do. Can I afford the full size even after coupon. NO.
    If it were a milk coupon or an egg coupon I would have done the same! It's a product that I use, and a coupon that I can use. Do I think I was wrong for taking 20...no, because I will use every one of those coupons.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

As far as the me taking 20 Nexxus coupons ...your darn right I did. I LOVE Nexxus Products. They are awesome. Do I plan on using every one of those coupons. Yes I do. Can I afford the full size even after coupon. NO.
    If it were a milk coupon or an egg coupon I would have done the same! It's a product that I use, and a coupon that I can use. Do I think I was wrong for taking 20...no, because I will use every one of those coupons.
    You are entitled to how you feel. No one is trying to change that. I respect it. But in the end all I will say is, if everyone felt the same way, you likely wouldn't have gotten 20 of those nexxus coupons

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    You are entitled to how you feel. No one is trying to change that. I respect it. But in the end all I will say is, if everyone felt the same way, you likely wouldn't have gotten 20 of those nexxus coupons
    Actually I probably would have. The town I do my shopping at is really small (couple thousand maybe). Hardly anyone coupons there. Tearpads last months around there. For example.....Aveeno coupons that came out in January were still up halfway through March.

I got 20 of those too and didn't touch the tearpad again.
    Last edited by one.smart.mom; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Actually I probably would have. The town I do my shopping at is really small (couple thousand maybe). Hardly anyone coupons there. Tearpads last months around there. For example.....Aveeno coupons that came out in January were still up halfway through March.

I got 20 of those too and didn't touch the tearpad again.

You completely missed the point....
    ex0ticb3lla likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No, she never, She answered a question as it applies to her. Not agreeing with you doesn't mean she didn't understand what was being asked.
    Mich649 likes this.

Couponing Mom
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You completely missed the point....
    Actually I didn't miss the point. I have a family of 8! 20 coupons is completely reasonable with a family that large. I don't grab 20 of every coupon out there, only as it applies to me on a per need basis. If it's an item I use alot of...I will grab 20. If I only use it once in awhile I will grab 2 or 3. If I don't use it ... I don't take the coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am too cheap to use both. lol, I think using the shampoo is redundant because it has the same essentials in it as the conditioner. I use Dove shampoo, because its much cheaper. It gets washed out anyway, so in my opinion, its just as good. I do use the nexxus conditioner though, since it is left in a while ( while I shower ) and It makes my hair feel great. So for the "cleaning" part... dove works for me, but the Nexxus conditioner makes my hair feel great!! Maybe thats something to try?? I find it works just as good as the Nexxus shampoo and the conditioner and basically half the cost.

Nexxus Shampoo and Nexxus Conditioner: $25
    Dove Shampoo and Nexxus Conditioner: Under $15!!!

I have tried both ways and my hair feels the same both ways!!!
    Jenny,
    Costco has the 1.3 Liter bottles of Nexxus shampoo and conditioner; for some strange reason, the conditioner is more expensive, but it works out better than paying for the regular sized bottles unless they are on clearance.

I managed to snag a couple of these coveted coupons yesterday and I went back to Shoppers today to pick up some milk and the whole tear pad was gone, from being almost full yesterday! Good grief.
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information