User Tag List

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Nexxus Coupons on Ebay - Let the rant begin!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

So that is why I went to 5 different SDMs here and all were cleared!! I was able to get only the last 10 coupons. I actually use this product but can't afford the full size so I opt for the travel size. I can bet you anything that WM raises the price on the Nexxus travel size to $3, just like they raised the price of the LaCoupe travel sizes.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    this person is in my area and I know she has been taking them from products. also someone is opening packages to take the coupons. so annoying. i so want to message her and ask her why she steals peelies from products.
    I don't know how well it would work, but maybe some stores could try to put the diapers, pantene etc etc with peelies on the aisle ends......or at least as much as can fit. You're usually way more exposed at the ends of aisles (to other shoppers) which might help deter people from taking multiple peelies and ripping packages open. They could also consider posting some sort of signage that says that if you're caught opening packaging just to take coupons that you'll have to pay for it.......I mean you can't walk into a store, open a package of food....eat some of it and then put the rest back....so this really shouldn't be any different.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I don't know how well it would work, but maybe some stores could try to put the diapers, pantene etc etc with peelies on the aisle ends......or at least as much as can fit. You're usually way more exposed at the ends of aisles (to other shoppers) which might help deter people from taking multiple peelies and ripping packages open. They could also consider posting some sort of signage that says that if you're caught opening packaging just to take coupons that you'll have to pay for it.......I mean you can't walk into a store, open a package of food....eat some of it and then put the rest back....so this really shouldn't be any different.

I don't think a sign would work.... I mean, these people know what they are doing is wrong. So sad people would sell their soul over a coupon
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    I don't think a sign would work.... I mean, these people know what they are doing is wrong. So sad people would sell their soul over a coupon
    I didn't think that I sign in itself would be enough to deter them.......maybe moreso the idea of getting caught.....or that staff know it's going on and will be paying closer attention.

Who knows what the answer is.....other than people choosing not to do it.....which I don't see happening. Unfortunately it seems more likely that the manufacturers will just stop offering such promotions and then no will be able to benefit :S
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by one.smart.mom View Post
    So because my husband lost his job(when we used to be able to support our family), and he has struggled with finding something that has the equal amount of pay. I should not have so many kids. I'm sorry but I feel that comment to be unecessarily cruel. Please don't try to act like you know my situation....the recession hit everyone at varying stages in their life, and we just happen tobe having a hard time recovering from it.
    You shouldn't have to explain WHY you like having overage or what you use that overage on. No matter what most of the people on here say..they do in fact use overage. As for your situation and your husband being laid off..I know that situation well and if it came down to my children eating and not using a coupon for overage..you bet your arse I'd be using that coupon to the fullest extent I could to get overages and feed my kids. Some people on here..I'm sure you KNOW who I'm speaking of..don't care who they hurt when they run their mouths. They have done it for way to long..yet never seem to get in trouble for it. Not all of us can afford to buy everything we want..heck I'm sure there are more on here than we know that can barely afford to put food on the table if it wasn't for coupons. I know I'm one of them and I don't care what people think about me. If people stopped running their mouths on here..this place would be a lot better.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am appalled by the unnecessary cruelty in this thread. I seem to recall someone posting that she had $4 Pantene peelies for trade a few weeks ago....along with the information that they could be used for overage. I think the 'pot is calling the kettle black.' If I remember correctly, the source of the peelies was questionable to some, as well.
    Last edited by DianneS; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I am appalled by the unnecessary cruelty in this thread. I seem to recall someone posting that she had $4 Pantene peelies for trade a few weeks ago....along with the information that they could be used for overage. I think the 'pot is calling the kettle black.' If I remember correctly, the source of the peelies was questionable to some, as well.
    I traded them, because I personally wouldnt use them myself. I would be a pot calling a kettle black, if I had used them myself now wouldnt I? Also, this is about stealing tear pads to get overage. Irrelevant.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

oh my.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Jenny, I believe it is very relevant. You were happy to profit from trading coupons that you described as "good for overage".

I personally don't use coupons for overage either but I found your complete lack of compassion toward one.smart.mom to be extremely disturbing. I also find the dignity and respect she has exhibited to be very admirable.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I would never use coupons for overage and I would feel guilty for doing it cause the overage comes out of the manufactures or stores profit. And once they realize that couponing will change in Canada and we will have limits and rules and stores will have more rules. Same with peelies won't be available if you don't buy the product the peelie is put on and you take the peelie that is stealing and so wrong.
    JennyFromTheRock likes this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

So if I take 10 nexxus coupons, and fully intend to buy the travel size ones in order to save a little money due to not buying 10 of the larger bottles, while happening to make some overage in the process, is that considered wrong? (It's not really a question, I know it's not wrong lol) I'm not buying the product JUST for the overage. I am buying the product because I want to save money, AND because I will also use an awesome product. Do we all need to get into each other's business as to what EXACT INTENTIONS we have when buying a certain product?? The toilet seat covers I can see where people could possibly only buy them for the overage, but who are we to judge if those people actually use them or not. We don't know how they live their personal lives, and I don't think we should pry either.
    Just like someone said earlier, Unilever was informed last year about these exact same coupons being used on trial sizes and nothing was done. They have restrictions on their Dove coupons, so they definitely could have changed the wording on this one. They didn't. They are fully aware you can use this on the travel size. After the customer has tried the travel size and loves it, the company hopes the customer will CONTINUE to buy the full size products in the future, coupon or not.
    kaylamcd and one.smart.mom like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I would never use coupons for overage and I would feel guilty for doing it cause the overage comes out of the manufactures or stores profit. And once they realize that couponing will change in Canada and we will have limits and rules and stores will have more rules. Same with peelies won't be available if you don't buy the product the peelie is put on and you take the peelie that is stealing and so wrong.
    I would never take a peelie from a product, that is wrong as well. Thats stealing.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It's really sad that the member whom is complaining the most here is actually MOD on another sites and clearly support that her "friend" uses her FPC for overages at Walmart.And has several transaction buying 30 plus Nexxus only for overage.
    Shame on you.
    Last edited by hello_kitty; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: addional info

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/284274-...verage-canada/
    manzervite, littlebean and KMammy like this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Im glad you use couponing in order to not be a statistic. I think its great you use coupons. I think everyone should regardless of income. However, again, there is a thin line between use and abuse...... saving money is using them, making money is abusing them.
    As I said a few pages ago... ( if you were as quick to inform yourself as you are to judge and point fingers ) if you happen to get a sale on a full size item, and get an overage, thats one thing. To use them on trial sized products, with only one intention ( to get overage ) thats an entirely diferent story!!! We have all gotten a great deal through clearance items, and thats great!! I wouldnt buy a tonne of something useless like 100 tiny shampoos for overage.
    Just curious as I know other people are too..........if you feel this strongly about people using coupons "INTENDED" for full sized items, and "ABUSING" these types of coupons, why would you give 10 of the $4.00 pantene peelies (obviously "intended" for the full sized bottles) to your friend, who you then bragged about having gotten $2.50 of overage per TRIAL size of pantene bottles, (whether she got cash back or applied it to her other purchases) here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/284274-...verage-canada/

I get it though. It's obviously ok for other people to "abuse" (as you call it) these coupons if they are your friends, or you benefit from it (by trading them to get the coupons you want), but it's not ok for anyone else to use these coupons on trial sizes, as you mentioned that to another member here earlier in the thread.

I'm aware this thread is about stealing tearpads, but since this has been brought up anyways...just curious why it's ok in this case, but not someone else's? Wait, let me guess. It's because those pantene peelies were given to you and you didn't "steal" them like a tearpad coupon, which makes the overage in your friends' case, and in your trading ad, totally acceptable, right?
    Last edited by littlebean; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Let me guess...

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information