User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Here's a Hot Topic - Harper Gov. to Open abortion Debate < - the lies continue

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Much as this debate has turned into the pro-choice verus pro-life I still want to know if anyone thinks the government has a right to decide this for us.

Stll trying to get that answered.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    What about when it is about the health of the mother? What about rape, incest, genetic deformaties which will result in death to both the mother or child , fetuses with no brains etc...
    Exactly. It's not a black and white issue.

Plus keep in mind that birth control is not 100% effective.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Just reread my statement about the church beign in no postition to pass moral judgement on this topic because it certainly doens't have it's house in order.

Religious oppression of women is a whole other thread.
    I'm not part of any church Patty! I think this is the third time I've said it in this thread! Patty, I'm an atheist just like you.

Why do you think you have to subscribe to some religion to not want children to die?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Much as this debate has turned into the pro-choice verus pro-life I still want to know if anyone thinks the government has a right to decide this for us.

Yes.

Answered.

Just like the government has a right to tell you you can't kill your baby two months after birth.

No difference.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

No. The government, nor anyone, gets to decide what I, a highly educated woman, does with my body.
    TaraF likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'm not part of any church Patty! I think this is the third time I've said it in this thread! Patty, I'm an atheist just like you.

Why do you think you have to subscribe to some religion to not want children to die?
    In my initial statement I am talking about those people who are most vocal about this topic and try to control it. Politicians, the church and men in power. That statement made no reference to your position.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I never said others can't express their opinion. Really, show me the post where I said that. I didn't start this thread, simply gave my opinion in it. Am I not allowed to do that? Because you disagree with my opinion it's not valid?

And I never flamed anyone, but you just flamed me by calling me immature.

Your kind of like the King of Irony.
    Sorry, I must have been mistaken then. I guess calling other people murderers isn't flaming them.
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    No. The government, nor anyone, gets to decide what I, a highly educated woman, does with my body.
    It's not your body, it's your baby's body your killing.

How do people not get this?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Sorry, I must have been mistaken then. I guess calling other people murderers isn't flaming them.
    You have another word for killing children?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Killing children is murder , abortion is a medical procedure to end a pregnancy for what ever reason the individual has. It is not illegal and therefore not murder. If it were illegal then this would be a different argument in my opinion. As long as the law is on the side of the woman's right to decide.

Judging by your comments Dave I am guessing you would want the government to criminalize this or make it illegal.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I dont think you'll get a answer on this.... tons of opinions, that you shall have..LOL

For me, well it depends. I've always been comfortable in saying that a child is considered "living" when the heart beats, so getting an abortion after that just doesnt seem the right thing to do..but that's just how i feel and how well i wanna sleep at night. I did have a close friend who got an abortion years ago for something horrible that happened to her and i supported her all the way but i also did know a girl that was going for her 3rd abortion and it just got under my skin and i remember listening to her talk about it like it was no big deal... seriously??? So, bottom line for me, i really try to not judge and respect the freedom of our bodies and being able to decide but it also makes me wonder if other solutions could balance both sides??
    Patty Smyth and Snow Queen like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

In my initial statement I am talking about those people who are most vocal about this topic and try to control it. Politicians, the church and men in power. That statement made no reference to your position.
    Men. Men? Really Patty? You think it's only men who don't want children dead? Do you think I'm some kind of sexist because I want children to live? Really?

Plenty of women agree with me completely, a few in this thread. This is NOT a man v woman thing. I don't know how anyone can think it is.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

It's not your body, it's your baby's body your killing.

How do people not get this?
    The same way you don't get that it's my uterus, my heart, my lungs, my blood, my legs, my arms, my brain, my eyes, my ears, my mental health, my body. The government doesn't decide what you do with your testicles, your heart, your lungs, your blood, your legs, your brain, your eyes, your ears, your mental health, your body. It's no different. The government doesn't decide what I put into my body nor what medical decisions I make for myself.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No, I do not think the state (inc courts) have any right to decide if a woman can have an abortion BUT I do think that they have a right to decide if they are paying for them, the same as all other procedures
    TaraF and Patty Smyth like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    No, I do not think the state (inc courts) have any right to decide if a woman can have an abortion BUT I do think that they have a right to decide if they are paying for them, the same as all other procedures

The problem with that is you then create a 2 tier healthcare system where those without the means go without.
    TaraF and Patty Smyth like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information