User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Philadelphia Cooking Creme

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Has anyone tried this stuff before? I bought a tub tonight, going to put some into my potato soup that's going into my slow cooker tomorrow. Normally I'd put a bit of herb/garlic cream cheese in it, we'll see how this works.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

The kids put it on tortellini on the weekend. One liked it the other said it tasted too cream cheesie!!! Duh it is cream cheese..needless to say I will not be buying it again..they would rather have Alfredo sauce instead
    New mom October 2014!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I didn't think the sauce was all that special. Would rather use cream cheese and my own stuff.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Too rich for my blood! It is $4.49 at Superstore. Even with the $1 off coupon, I am not interested. I can get a regular brick of cream cheese at Walmart for $2.49 (regular price)...and I have herbs, garlic, etc and recipes of my own.

I would have tried it with a bigger coupon, or if I was lucky enough to get the FPC...but I couldn't get in on that.
    AmberLab likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i dont' know but can ya share your soup recipe
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Oh, the soup is easy! Cut up some potatoes (peel if desired), I used about six very big ones the other day, my crockpot is about 2/3 full with them. Put them in your slow cooker, add about a half a carton of chicken broth, a diced onion, a few cloves of minced garlic, or roasted garlic works great too. I do the potatoes the night before, just put them in the fridge in some water.

Next morning, drain the spuds, put them into the crockpot with the chicken broth, onions and garlic, put the lid on and turn it on on low for the day.

When you get home (for me that's about ten hours later), mash the potatoes right in the crockpot. You don't need to mash them smooth unless you want to. Add about a cup of shredded cheddar, mash it in so it gets mixed in well. I added the cooking creme here too, but I've also used regular herb/garlic cream cheese and that works fine too. Then add enough milk to make it the consistency you want, get everything mixed up well. Put the lid on and cook for another 20 minutes or so to get it warmed up again. If you're in a bit more of a hurry, warm the milk in the microwave a bit first. I also put in some diced cooked bacon here too, or you can sprinkle it on top. Sour cream, or my newest discovery, Greek yogurt, is good too! The next day if you have leftovers, you might have to thin it out a bit, it seems to thicken after cooling.

Even my five year old DS LOVES this, but only when I leave the onions out, or cut them fine enough that he can't find them.
    Last edited by Zonny; Thu, Mar 8th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

this is like cream cheese liquefied into a sour cream consistency. very convenient but it's cheaper to use regular cream cheese and a bit of milk with your own spices
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I bought it on the week-end and used it today for the first time. I bought the plain because I thought it would be more versatile. I have to say that I don't really get it....it's just runny cream cheese! I agree with other posters who have said it's cheaper to thin out regular cream cheese with a little milk....and to add one's own spices.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the cooking cream. Since I have two FPCs, I am going to try it. Glad to know that it really is not worth paying for.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I'm glad I read this review before buying some!

Normally I just use regular cream cheese and toss it in the microwave for a couple seconds and that gets it a bit more runny. Looks like I'll stick with doing it that way.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i liked it... dh does the cooking here so anything he wants to use is fine with me as long as it tastes good in the end... on the other hand when we bough it it was on sale for 3.49 and we used a 1$ off coupon on it so the price wasn't too bad. the first time we tried it he used it for sauce in a broccoli chicken pasta and last night he just made smart pasta and mixed some regular spaghetti sauce with it and it was delicious.

i dont know if he would buy it at regular price or without a coupon but if he wanted to pay for it i would let him since it was delicious and i'm not the one cooking anyway lol.
    Natalka and ashl3y like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

francine, great idea to mix it with regular spaghetti sauce - I've been wondering how I was going to use it! Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

i will use it with chicken and pasta... it doesnt seem that great but will have to give it ago... i always use cream cheese and add my own spices and herbs.. and add it to my cooking..... so it wasnt a big deal.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

We bought the tomato one (I think tomato & basil) with our FPC, I used half the container of it over chicken simmering in a can of aylmer accent italian tomatoes. We served it over rice and it was awesome! definitely a dinner we'll do again.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tried it and really liked it; tasty, easy. I thought I would use them on those days when I was exhausted after work, wanted something a little special but not wanting restaurant. Well, that price has to come down first. Even if I had a $1 off coupon would still seem pricey.
    Last edited by Dee09; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information