User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Deal Find - Xpress Property Works

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Although I have now been refunded, he doesn't know that and he finally got back to my email three and a half weeks later.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Looks like there is another deal posted on TeamBuy for driveway sealing. I wish there were a way to warn people.
    For a guy that is so busy, he has no problem finding the time to arrange more deals on these sites.
    http://www.teambuy.ca/halifax/28137396

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting reading. I had a consultation set up with this company for Wed May 2nd. They didn't show and they didn't call. It's now May 5th. The phone number is no longer valid according to the woman who originally set up the appt. date. She told me that she was just "helping out" and didn't actually work for the company. She also told me that he received over 200 purchases for the interior painting deal alone. I'm going to send them an email today and see what they say. It sounds like I should just go directly to Dealfind and ask for a refund.

**On a side note, I did buy a room painting deal last year from a company called Accountable Services (weird name) and they showed up and painted the room with no problems at all. You just never Know.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

There are some reviews over on Yelp.ca now. I suggest anyone who reads this that has dealt with them to post something.
    http://www.yelp.ca/biz/xpress-property-works-halifax
    Had I read reviews like these I certainly wouldn't have bought into their deal.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, it's now May 11th and I still have yet to hear from Xpress Property. I had to haggle with Dealfind all week via email looking for a full refund. They only wanted to give me a credit toward my next Dealfind purchase, but I persisted and today spoke with a very friendly supervisor (Nicole) who after hearing of my complaint via my previous emails said that certainly I was entitled to a full refund.

Why couldn't they just do that in the first place?

Now I am more likely to purchase something from them in the future, although I will be much more weary. Persistance pays off (sometimes).

Icetris
    amc likes this.

amc
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought 3 packages from them, 2 for the lawn care maintenance (one for myself and one for my parents as a gift), and one for the aeration/dethatching. We've been trying to get them to come for at least 2 weeks now, and getting put off. They don't answer their phone, their voice ail box is full and getting them to respond to email is difficult at best. They keep telling me theye're coming, and then don't show. At this point, they've already missed 2 weeks of service that they should've provided.
    I was waiting to fertilize my lawn because I have thought they were coming to lime, so nothing's happened and it looks horrible
    I contacted Dealfind yesterday via email and tried them via phone but they won't taalk to me until my email hits my my spot in their "cue".
    I am praying that they will give me a refund, as I have more than $500 invested in this and will need to use that money to make alternate lawn care arrangements. I will be much more wary in the future about such deals. We're extremely disappointed.

Icetris, how did you get them to finally refund your money, as opposed to giving you a credit?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi amc,

I feel for you. I know how frustrating this can be.

After a few days haggling back and forth via email with customer service, they wouldn't budge on the credit only as a refund. When I continued to refuse this option, they directed me to call and speak with a customer service supervisor.

I called, expecting to have to be very nasty, but I spoke with Nicole, who reviewed my email conversation with Dealfind customer support and said that although they don't normally issue refunds, she said that "an exception could be made in this case." I was quite surpised that it was so easy and Nicole was super accommodating. I've listed her phone number below. I don't know if it goes directly to her or not, but it's worth a try.

Just continue to refuse the credit and insist that this is your money and that you want it back and are entitled to it. Mention that Xpress Property has had complaints lodged with the BBB and that if Dealfind again refuses your refund, mention that 'word of mouth' goes a long way.

Nicole
    Customer Satisfaction Supervisor
    Dealfind
    Phone: 416.631.6368 x 332
    Toll Free: 1.888.320.6368 x 332
    CANADA
    250 Ferrand Drive, Suite 1503
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3C 3G8
    Bilby and amc like this.

amc
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you, icetris. I received my email back from Dealfind, saying that they will only allow us credit. I will email them back the conversation I've had with Rob Monk from Xpress Property Works, and see what they say. If (or WHEN) they deny me a refund again, I will call Nicole, and at least they will have a record of the conversations I had with this company. When we had emailed him looking for service, he had said that his service didn't even BEGIN until May 9-th week. If that were the case, then the Dealfind deal would've expired before a person could even obtain the service, so then what good is a refund, if you don't KNOW they're not going to show up?
    I'll post back once I have some more info. Thanks so much, crossing my fingers. I'd like to get my money back so that I can obtain lawn care from someone else, whom I can count on.
    Last edited by amc; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

amc
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I emailed Dealfind the entire collection of emails correspondence I had with Xpress Property Works (all promises of dates they were coming, and my subsequent saying I wasn't happy they didn't show up and "when were they coming NOW?", etc), I also quoted Dealfind's refund promise from their FAQ section: "If anything happens making it impossible for you to redeem your voucher, we will ensure you are fully refunded."

Dealfind emailed me back today and offered me two options this time; 1) Dealfind credit plus 10% 2) Full credit card refund.
    We are taking the cc refund, as we still would like to hire a reputable company to do our lawn care.

Just thought I would post this here so others may be able to see that if you persevere, all may not be lost. I am now going to be MUCH more inquisitive if I purchase deals in the future. I guess you can't count on Dealfind to check out the companies, you need to do the homework yourself.
    Last edited by amc; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Bilby and alicia like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks icetris for the contact information. i've been fighting with dealfind for over a week now.. Via email. My latest one today saying it wad past 30- days and that I wasn't gong to get a refund, and the number to contact the company.
    I called Nicole, The number you gave above and left a message.
    I'd love to be able to warn people not to purchase deals for any of this companies work.
    I hope I get my refund!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm so glad you got a refund amc! That's a lot of money. It's really unfortunate that you had to go through all that. In a way though, it's almost good they didn't show up earlier and mow your lawn once only to realize later that they wouldn't show up again for a long time. It would then be even harder (or perhaps not possible) to get a refund.
    That's the thing, they showed up at my place (an hour early even, and I live an hour outside Halifax) but they did a terrible job. I didn't bother looking for a refund since they did show up.
    However, if you paid for a full summer lawn maintenance package (mine was just the $49 one) and they are not showing up as promised, it's pretty obvious you aren't getting the service that you paid for and should receive a refund. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get one either.
    Rob Monk actually called my husband a couple days after we bought the other deal to tell him personally that he was offering that summer long lawn mowing deal on Dealfind. He probably figured he got our money once... He made it sound amazing. They would come mow the lawn every 7-10 days. He went on about wanting repeat business, how he was going to lose money on it this year realistically, but he said the good job he provided would bring back customers next year who would pay full price etc. etc. My husband said he sounded very friendly. That was Dealfind's response too when I called to complain. When I asked if they had any other complaints the Dealfind representative said they only had a few complaints about him being hard to get a hold of (this was a few weeks ago) She also said that she had talked to Rob on the phone and he sounded really nice. It's one thing for us to sit at home and be fooled by a "nice" saleperson, but for a company to turn around and say 'well, I'm surprised you received such terrible service, he sounded nice on the phone' is a bit disappointing.

That all said, I'm really glad people are getting their money back in the end. Hope it works out for everyone else looking for refunds.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

amc, I'm so happy you got your money back.

Let's hope that Dealfind s this guy, Rob Monk and Xpress Property, in their system so that he cannot post any more offers. Although, it would take shady guy like this to find a way around that too.

Icetris

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Found another article that is worth reading.

This looks like it's dated Sept 10/11...I couldn't find a direct Chronicle Herald link.

There are some interesting quotes. Perhaps the Chronicle Herald should do a follow up.

http://massregistration.com/tradesme...icleherald-ca/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would love to see the Herald do a update on this company.. it's BS company if you ask me!

amc
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bilby and Icetris, thank you, I am so relieved that I got my money back! And....I am relieved that they didn't show up before I got my refund, because then I believe it'd have been nearly impossible to get any form of refund, and I think I'd be having the same issues with this cimpany all summer long...waiting getting frustrated, and not doing tht work mysef because I was always expecting they were coming.
    Bilby, that's quite the article you found from the Herald! Is it any wonder Rob Monk changed the name of his 1 year old company, to something else?? He's probably making money off the people who give up on asking for a refund. Shame on Dealfid, after having so many compaints, for still allowing this guy to offer deals to unsuspecting customers! They say that they try their best to chec out the companies, but clearly they did not do that at ALL in this case, since it was easy to find compaints against him ad his companies on the BBB website, as well as the forum here, which I easily found via Google.
    Murdocae, make sure you tell Dealfind you have been unable to use your voucher, because they do quote that in their FAQ section, if you read down, that if you're unable to use your voucher, you will be offered a full refund.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information