User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I was so upset, I phoned the OSPCA!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My Rufus and Murphy are shih tzu's as well, good grief why do people pick small dogs to abuse, he should have gotten a pit bull and try abusing that! ( that bite would be a fairer fight)

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The jacka$$ across the street from me use to kick his dog....until the day he swore at my kid. Swore at the wrong kid and kicked his dog in front of the wrong woman.

I hope Max is taken away and helped. I hope with some love he can be a good friend to someone who deserves him.
    glowworm2k and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

When people take on pets they really need to realize they are taking on a "child" . This dog will need medical care, lots of love and infinite patience. If you don't have the time; don't do it. We adopted our Matte at 5 months. She was first trained to be a guard dog because she was the runt. She was then adopted by a woman that couldn't house break her from what I understand. Today she is the most loving creature and is definitely a part of our family
    Last edited by coyote00; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Darth Penguin and i_forget like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I've had my cats longer than my kids. he is/she was a huge part of the family. Heck, I even had them flown to Canada when we moved to avoid them being re-homed....Being intentionally cruel* to an animal just isn't part of my nature.

* I'm sure the cats would complain about how they weren't fed/petted/not petted when they wanted it being a cruel and unusual punishment by me...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Really, it's stories like this that make me think sometimes that people should need to pass a basic competence and behavioural exam to be a pet owner or parent. I get quite upset when I see anyone or anything that is weak or vulnerable being treated in this way. Way to go for alerting the authorities.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First off good for you for doing the right thing and calling the right people! That happened to me one time. I was outside in my backyard, actually with my dog (RIP) Panda, and then all I hear is the neighbrough behind me yelling at his dog??? I look over to see what is going on and all i see is him with a baseball bat hitting the dog! The dog was trying to get away but kept getting hit!!!

I was in shock and ran inside my house to tell me parents, my mom and dad of course called 911, I went over there with a baseball bat of my own (with my dad yelling at me not to lol) and went right to his backyard and open his gate (you could open it from the outside) and yell that if he hit the dog one more time I was going to knock his head off! I told him the police were called and he better leave the dog alone! I will always remember it, and he just looked at me, he is probably 6 feet something and I am 5'2 lol, I didn't care though I wanted to hit him and was waiting for him to make his move lol. But he just put the bat down and went inside the house leaving the poor dog there. After he went inside the house i went right to the dog and pick him up, the poor thing was just a mess!!! The cops came of course and they called OSPCA and they came and took the dog!!! and I think the guy was charged because they took him away. People like that make me sick and they should be jailed!

I never saw him again, found out he rented the property and the owner of the house kicked him out i guess of his lease. I never found out what happened to the dog to. Hope the poor thing survived and got a good home.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Apr 30th, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
    abbasgirl and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh, Saveadollardiva! How brave of you! I, too, hope the dog recovered and found a good home! It just brings tears to my eyes!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Good for you for actually doing something about this and for following up as well. I hate reading things like this but love to hear there are good people out there and stick up for a dog that they don't even know. I hope that Max is removed from that home, because if they are not abusing him, sounds like the neighbours do it much more then that one time

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This makes me so mad when I read stories like this. No wonder poor Max bites. He is doing it out of fear. As for the OSPCA officer saying it isn't a criminal offence to abuse an animal well he really needs to read up on the new laws in Ontario as of 2009.
    "The Provincial Animal Welfare Act, which took effect on March 1, 2009:

• Establishes standards of care for all animals.
    • Introduces penalties for causing harm to any animal including jail terms of up to two years, fines of up to $60,000 and a potential lifetime ownership ban.
    • Creates a specific offence for causing harm to a law enforcement animal, such as a police horse or dog.

Other key elements include:

• New provincial offences for causing or permitting distress to an animal."

This really hits home because we had a foster about 4 years ago that was so abused that he had brain damage and would attack any male be it a child or adult. After attacking my son from across a room. (I was with kids and the dog in the same room and the dog had been fine with my son and was even going to him for attention. The attacked happened without warning or wrong actions from the child.) We took him to a vet and were told that the poor dog was suffering the best thing we could do for him was to help him to the Rainbow Bridge. Poor Oliver came to me not knowing love. But left us with three sets of loving hands on him, mine, my sister's, and the vet who was in tears also. Even my son who got bit was upset that we couldn't help poor Oliver.

Name:  new020.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  32.4 KB
    Dear sweet Oliver and my daughter playing. He loved her so much and spent most of his three weeks with us at her side.
    abbasgirl likes this.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

These stories are so sad - but thanks to all who have helped our little friends in one way or another.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am such a big animal lover and when i read stories about animals being abuses it makes me sick!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information