User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Price tag removal unbrag. What I witnessed yesterday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thought you'd enjoy this.

So yesterday we were in line at a customer service desk. The woman in front of us is telling the customer service lady that the price on the shelf is cheaper. Customer service lady calls the stock boy to go check. He leaves, but takes a while, so the customer goes off and follows him into the aisle to see what's taking so long.

Stock boy comes back to customer service. Then woman comes back. Stock boy says "no the price scanned correctly." Woman says "I followed you into the aisle and I saw you take down the sale tag."

Stock boy starts defending himself then suddenly says "ok, just give it to her." Then runs off.

We went to another store next door and our price scanned wrong so cashier called the stock boy. After seeing what had happened earlier, I went with him to the aisle lol! We got a SCOP
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The strategies that I found the best was to have a detailed shopping list with item, regular price, sale price and coupon value all on a line.
    (I copy and print The Official Hot Deals and Coupons to Use With Flyers Thread editing out the 80% that does not apply to my shopping.)

If I come across an in-store deal, I will add it to my shopping and the list.

This makes recognizing correct pricing and SCOP much easier.

If it is an unusual deal, I will, rarely, take a photo of the item with the shelf price, for proof.

When there is a problem at the cash, I get them to suspend the sale and go back to the shelf with staff to "help them locate the item faster" while it also allows me to witness with them the item pricing.

Another strategy is to consider is to scan potential purchases at stores that have self-scanners. ( At Walmart, yesterday, I was able to confirm a $.10 price on some deodorant that I had $2 coupons for ( ie $1.90 overage per purchase))

In addition, I also have all of the flyers, with interesting items circled with a black sharpie marker.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sat, Apr 28th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    csaund21 likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That happened to me with a couple of SCOP's the price tags were switched.Before SCOP one time the sale price was removed.I refused buy products at the so called right price.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This happened to me at SDM. The cashier went back and I'm sure she took the tag down. There were two tags for two different products next to each other that were the same price. She told me I must have been looking at the other cereal. But I remember taking a long deciding between the two because they were the same price. Funny I went back to check and there no tag anymore in front of the cereal I wanted to buy.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

They do that at Staples in Montreal so we couldn't SCOP. When I saw a potential SCOP at Maxi, I took the product to the cash and of course it scanned wrong, then showed cashier the tag that I took to show the correct price. She called the person in charge of Health & Beauty and he came and confirmed it and gave me SCOP. He told me not to do it next time and I explained to him what Staples did and did not want to be in the same situation. He said Maxi does not do this and next time just go to cash and if it's scans wrong, someone will check. That is good business and follows the law.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

we had this happen to us at SDM

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they do this at the zellers at alexis nihon all the time. then they lie and say "the sign had an expiry date on it", when it never does for the big ones. so they lie to you and call you a liar... can't wait until they close!
    MiaowTheCat likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

Quote Originally Posted by pudi View Post
    they do this at the zellers at alexis nihon all the time. then they lie and say "the sign had an expiry date on it", when it never does for the big ones. so they lie to you and call you a liar... can't wait until they close!

Walmart tried to pull this on me once. The aquafina vitamin water had just come out, and I had 5 coupons that allowed me to get them for free while they were on sale for a dollar, and it had a GIANT rollback sign over the display that said a dollar. They scanned at like 1.50 or something, and I walked back there with the stock boy, and he was like "oh that's an old sign, we don't have that promotion any more"... my fiance and I both had a heated discussion with the CSM, who ended up letting us have them for a 1.00 since the promotion wasn't actually over.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Wow, I've never had that happened. Hubby and I just scoped a goalie stick at CT which was on clearance for $32. It scanned in at $69, and I told the cashier that the tag said $32. She said I must have looked at the wrong one, but I've learned to check the codes on the price tag with the code on the item, so I knew I was right. Then I went and got the tag by myself and sure enough I was correct. But then of course I mentioned scop and we got it for $22....yippee!

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by happy_me24 View Post
    Wow, I've never had that happened. Hubby and I just scoped a goalie stick at CT which was on clearance for $32. It scanned in at $69, and I told the cashier that the tag said $32. She said I must have looked at the wrong one, but I've learned to check the codes on the price tag with the code on the item, so I knew I was right. Then I went and got the tag by myself and sure enough I was correct. But then of course I mentioned scop and we got it for $22....yippee!
    What a deal! I try to check codes too! What makes me most mad is we shouldn't need to ask for scop, it's their policy! I always find you need to fight for it!
    happy_me24 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had that happen to us at WM last week. My mom wanted to get a canned ham. They had 2 sizes of the Swift brand canned ham. One was $7 the other was $4.97. Mom grabs the cheaper one. When we're checking out it scans at 5.99. Mom said to the cashier.. nope, it was 4.97. She calls for a price check, price check comes back at $7. We tell the cashier again that there was 2 sizes and the price checker must have look at the wrong one. So the cashier went and looked for herself and comes back and says there is no price for the smaller can, just the $7 for the large one.

We knew right then and there they removed the tag. I mean seriously, we didn't make up the $4.97 price!
    Mom even went and looked after we paid for everything and low and behold, it was gone.

I hate our walmart. I really really do.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

If you know you are absolutely right, take a pic of yourself standing in front of display with the price tag. If they refuse you, show pic to cashier and keep on going up the chain of command.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom and I were just talking about this yesterday as she sent her BF with the stock person to check as they have had it changed/disappear before.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I've had that happen to me before, thought I was seeing things, now if I see a sign that says it's price that I think may be questioned, I take a pic on my bb. I never thought of following the price checker on regular priced items, but I sure will in the future.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

It doesn't matter if the sign has an expiry date on it. SCOP STILL APPLIES because it is a displayed price and the code says ANY DISPLAYED price (not displayed price except if it has an exiry date on it or some other kind of wording). They are responsible to remove all signage once the sale is over and if they don't then you get SCOP.

As for the signs getting taken by the person doing the "price check". I have had it happen quite a few times. I wish I had a camera phone because then I could take a picture of the sign just to show that the signage was removed.

I have to wonder at times if they don't get in trouble for having to give SCOP so they feel like they are entitled to make 'adjustments' so we can't get SCOP.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information