• 1 Post By jjwbuster
  • 1 Post By Jodi Goodfellow
  • 1 Post By klimber
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Where can I sell used clothing

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Does anyone know where I can sell my used clothes. I have tons of stuff that is basically brand new or new with tags that i don't wear anymore.

Is there any stores I can take my stuff to in Toronto to sell my stuff?

I already post on craigslist, kijiji & ebay.

does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thank you
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

There are some people in my area that have created a "yard sale" facebook page and are selling very well.
    Michelinagp83 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mostly, your efforts will depend on how much time you are willing to spend on selling clothes or need to turn the clothing to cash.
    1) Consignment shops if you have brands those stores carry-store gets a portion of sale and you get remainder but it takes time.
    2) Look for community/church garage/yard sales where you can rent a table for the duration of the sale day and sell your clothing.
    3) Like SCer above indicated, your neighbourhood yard sale-maybe talk to neighbours about having one together but everyone has their own table/driveway of wares? And hours like 8-12 or similar on signs and in ads, so everyone still has some of the day left for other activities.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Ciel do you know if any Consignment shops in Toronto?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try Fashion-Forward, it's Free and works like Kijiji but it's strictly Fashion listings! www(dot)fashion-forward(dot)ca
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I remember seeing Trend Trunk at the Women's Show last year, though they weren't there this year. Donno if that's any good but worth a try.

I've been meaning to sell some clothes myself
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi,

There is a newish store at Yonge/Eglinton (close to EB Games) called The Kind Exchange. I have not been inside but it looks nice and they had adds that they are currently buying winter clothing. I hope this helps. Good job trying to avoid waste !
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I went to the Kind Exchange at Bloor and Bathurst with brand new clothes still with tags on them and they refused them. But they had plenty of ratty items for sale on the shelf.

I am not sure what their criteria is and i left really confused lol

Quote Originally Posted by klimber View Post
    Hi,

There is a newish store at Yonge/Eglinton (close to EB Games) called The Kind Exchange. I have not been inside but it looks nice and they had adds that they are currently buying winter clothing. I hope this helps. Good job trying to avoid waste !
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I know there's some Consignment shops in Yorkville that only take $$$ stuff.

There used to be Yvette's consignment shop on Kingston Road near Victoria Park, but I don't know if it is still open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelinagp83 View Post
    Ciel do you know if any Consignment shops in Toronto?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

For future reference

I went to Kind exchange the other day with a couple of things.

Sold a few items that I had lost receipts for and were too small. Got a total of about $3 cash for brand new accessories that a homeless shelter wouldn't need. One that I did not sell still had the original price tag on it. $10.

She offered me $1 for it and then actually made a face when I said no thanks and took it back. I'd rather regift it or give it to a homeless shelter

Anyway they didn't take a lot of stuff that still had pricetags on it, but they were selling used Joe Fresh and Zara shirts for $15.... which you can buy new for that price. The seller gets 30% cash of what the sticker price will be

Just my experience so you can judge whether it's worth a trip
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jan 2nd, 2014 at 04:56 PM. Reason: should actually name the store lol
    FrugalKris likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.thestar.com/business/pers...s_roseman.html

Trend Trunk is mentioned in Roseman's column today. Interesting fact-consignment shops might only give store credit, not cash, to seller if item sells.

And if one would like a wardrobe makeover, January's issue of Toronto Life provides the name of someone who can help.
    outfit editor

For wardrobes in constant malfunction mode, Annie Mesenge, a Parisian expat who has dressed socialites out of her Yorkville boutique, French Accents, for the last 15 years, now offers closet culling services. With a fresh eye and sartorial expertise, Mesenge will create new looks from the threads you already have, trim the unfashionable fat and fill gaps with clothing and accessories from her new Ossington outpost, Annie Aime. $150 an hour. 416-840-5227, annieaime.com.
    http://www.torontolife.com/style/tor...ppers-toronto/
    FrugalKris likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear about your experience Toronto Gal, the store at Yonge/Eg looks nice but I've never been inside.
    I imagined they'd try to buy good things really cheap but giving you attitude is definitely not right.
    People forget how hard it is to make a client return and how easy it is to discourage people from returning.
    Donations may be a better option...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buy second hand clothes which are shipped worldwide in bulk at wholesale rates, we provide you the high quality and regular size used cloth without any damage and defects in a very affordable price. You can buy wholesale used clothes in bulk for your own usage or resell. These clothes comes with good quality to wear, they also include designer, vintage and plain clothes. Used Clothes industry is multimillion dollar industries which buy and sell used clothes.

Thread Information