User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Attention DIY Fanatics!!! What is your latest project?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    Patty,
    I love the look of that glass tile behind your stove...most people put it on horizontally, by doing it vertically, it gives it a waterfall effect...very elegant.

What kind of grout do you put between the counter tiles? I am thinking about granite countertops, but they are so much more than tiles. I'm just worried about crud getting between the cracks of the tiles. Are you leaving the top cupboards front-less? Mine are too messy to do that, I would need some sort of frosted glass panels or the like.

We are finishing the basement by ourselves, but it is slow work because my husband is a perfectionist, and sometimes hockey and other sports get in the way. I feel bad for people that aren't handy, you pay through the nose for any work and then you never know whether it's done right or not.
    I used a sanded grout for the counter and non sanded for the backsplash. I also sealed the counter with sealer, you just use a sponge paint brush and put it on liberally and let it soak in. After that you are good to go. There are also great products on the market now for cleaning grout so I am not worried.

I am in the process of paiting the upper doors still, they will be white.

When I was tile shopping I went to a place and I saw those glass tiles. They had a sample board but someone had taken it off the wall where they hang horizontally and leaned it up against the wall on the floor vertical like that lol. I said to myself hmmmm I like that and so thats where the idea came from. Just and accident really.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Sun, Apr 29th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We have tiles for our counter, its sealed but sometimes still a pain since its a lighter colour. I bought stuff to fix it up and refresh the colour I like the backsplash behind the oven! Its really pretty.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, and hoping since we finally got a Pets section, perhaps there will be one for Home and Garden as well - that would be great!
    Hopefully this week, I will keep bugging him cause I know hell be on more bahahahahahahahah
    Patty Smyth and hollyquaiscer like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    We have tiles for our counter, its sealed but sometimes still a pain since its a lighter colour. I bought stuff to fix it up and refresh the colour I like the backsplash behind the oven! Its really pretty.

Well we are dirty people so I went with black grout on the counter lol , my friend had white tile counter on her kitchen with white grout and she was able to keep it spotless with regular sealing. I was amazed.

Yesterday afternoon we took all the stuff off Kiera's wall and packed up toys and bookcase so I will be ready to roll on that this week.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

very cool!!
    well DH and I bought these paintings:

Name:  386711_10151070035085125_750000124_22050691_1067284748_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  26.5 KB
    but they came ONLY on the canvas ... ie no wood backing so they arrived rolled in a tube like a poster!!!

so we decided to use our 40% off michaels coupons and buy 3 premade canvases and strip the canvas part off, bought a staple gun (which i needed for a chair i'm recovering anyways) and we are stapling them back on to the backings. we have the large one done so far. it's a bit of work bc it has to be SUPER tight but it looks great!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    very cool!!
    well DH and I bought these paintings:

Name:  386711_10151070035085125_750000124_22050691_1067284748_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  26.5 KB
    but they came ONLY on the canvas ... ie no wood backing so they arrived rolled in a tube like a poster!!!

so we decided to use our 40% off michaels coupons and buy 3 premade canvases and strip the canvas part off, bought a staple gun (which i needed for a chair i'm recovering anyways) and we are stapling them back on to the backings. we have the large one done so far. it's a bit of work bc it has to be SUPER tight but it looks great!
    i LOVE THE COLORS.

Ok confession time. About 4 years ago I helped a friend design a condo and he bought me a beautiful 5 panel painting. I have been so busy I have not had time to frame it. So sad. I actually framed about 4 for him but never got to mine.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I love the colors too. and our couch is taupe and i bought the hot pink side chair so we needed something to tie it all together...

art always gets left to last doesn't it?!

DO IT PATTY DO IT!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Hey bub, that looks totally amazing! I love the colours too. Hot pink chairs, amazing...my dh is ok with any colours I want, but I think he would draw the line there.
    itsjustmebub likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Name:  380133_10151095931970125_750000124_22171914_267750024_n.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  28.0 KB
    that's the chair.

my dh is an arist so he LOVES color including fuschia. I'm a lucky girl lol

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh that's a nice chair!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

thanks vee i quite like it it's a bit of glam to add to the house.

we're going to repaint soon too ... we love the blue in the kitchen and will leave that but want to make the rest more "bub & mister" and less "C&J" since they did it for the ex and i ... time to move on!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow hot chair, must not let Kiera see it lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow Patty, I can't wait to see the end results of all of your work! It looks amazing so far.

We just bought a house that hasn't been updated for some time, its really like a blank canvas so we're super excited to get started!
    My first task is to decorate a shared girls' bedroom that is appropriate for both a 4 and 9 year old....wish me luck

I'll be watching this thread for sure!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

if anybody is looking for any ideas.. Pinterest.. WOW.. i just the funkiest idea for taking tissue paper and turning into flowers OMG im so going to the dollarstore tomorrow and getting black tissue paper. I want to make some funky ones to put on the tables for my sons grad. need to balance the colors out. that site is totally addictive.
    itsjustmebub and Patty Smyth like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I got the rest of my cabinet doors painted today they are going up after supper will post a pic. then

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information