User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Attention DIY Fanatics!!! What is your latest project?

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

http://www.the36thavenue.com/2011/11...s-under-5.html
    has some cute ideas for handmade gifts under $5
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, you crafty folk - get those posts over to the Crafts thread!
    Patty Smyth and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, the question was, "What project are you working on right now?" Does 5 separate income tax returns count? Oh how I miss crafting! GOT TO FIND SOME TIME! - My eyes were bothering me for a while but I just ordered new glasses - long story - I'm hoping I can get back to knitting.
    I think when I change a fire alarm battery that I'm being very "crafty"!

Love reading all your stories!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Started my tiling process today, got it half done. It actually goes really fast, a bit scary though....had 4 tiles up and had to pull them down...silly me. I should have started from the middle and worked out instead of starting at one end and working my way around. Oh well, it was only 4 tiles. It's looking good though. Will post a few pic's as soon as I get my camera back. Thanks again Patty for your encouragement
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Go Holly Go!!!! It gets less scary as you go along.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

A motivated woman can do anything!!!!
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Thu, May 3rd, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yep ^^^^ so very true, lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, my!! I just sent it to our DD to have a peek at it for our grandson's 4th b'day..AND I actually have a package of chocolate ROCKS! They're tiny little things that look like a collection of rocks, and he's always bringing rocks home from the playground! Now that would be "cool" as he would say! Thanks, Hon!!

Holly...you ARE amazing! Please post photos when you're done! I'd love to tackle that project in our washroom!!!

Speckled...I sure will let you know. I hope they're easier to do than they are to read how to do! And I'm with you re our fur-kids...I toss all manner of things to Jenny when she has that "Whatcha makin' for ME, Mom?" look on her face...how she can scrunch her eyebrows up and look so pathetic is beyond me...and those puppy eyes! I'm doomed!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Patty and Holly- you blow me away!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Lynn, what is it about rocks and little boys. One of my grandsons still continues to bring me and his aunti nikki rocks once in a while. I have a rock collection sitting on one of my window sills. Pretty soon I'm going to have to put them into a box as I'm getting tired of moving them every time I dust, lol.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am in the process of taking off Kiera's old wallpaper border. If i have enough time I will plaster all holes and paint the ceiling today. I can't take her nagging me anymore

By the way if anyone cares lol. I use hot water and vinegar 1/2 and 1/2 to get wallpaper off. First coat peels off the glossy papar second coat spray on the brown underpaper and with a flat steel spatula peels right off like butter.
    itsjustmebub likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

yeah Lynn i just saw candy rocks at our local candy store the other day ... i hadn't even thought of that but i'll definitely be buying a small bag!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, my!! I just sent it to our DD to have a peek at it for our grandson's 4th b'day..AND I actually have a package of chocolate ROCKS! They're tiny little things that look like a collection of rocks, and he's always bringing rocks home from the playground! Now that would be "cool" as he would say! Thanks, Hon!!

Holly...you ARE amazing! Please post photos when you're done! I'd love to tackle that project in our washroom!!!

Speckled...I sure will let you know. I hope they're easier to do than they are to read how to do! And I'm with you re our fur-kids...I toss all manner of things to Jenny when she has that "Whatcha makin' for ME, Mom?" look on her face...how she can scrunch her eyebrows up and look so pathetic is beyond me...and those puppy eyes! I'm doomed!!!
    I found the smallest size the trickiest to do.....but only when inserting the last couple of pieces.....it's so tiny and compact that it makes it a bit harder to see where everything goes, lol. I found cutting them out the most tedious part, lol. It made me envious of those who have the pattern cutting machines for projects like that!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Lynn, what is it about rocks and little boys. One of my grandsons still continues to bring me and his aunti nikki rocks once in a while. I have a rock collection sitting on one of my window sills. Pretty soon I'm going to have to put them into a box as I'm getting tired of moving them every time I dust, lol.

Lol! Fortunately, I love rocks...for the first few years when we travelled "poor", lol, I collected a rock from wherever we went and put them into our gardens in a special place...as for your collection, put them into the vase you use for summer flowers...useful and your grandson will think you really appreciate his gifts...I took a geology class, even, just because I love rocks so much....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WHY can't we have a Home & Garden thread? It's such a nuisance to look for that "craft" thread each time we want to share something....yes, it's not often a chatty thread but good " finds" are worth sharing and keeping in one place for our convenience of finding them again.....PLEASE?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information