User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Has anyone tried emeals.com? Is it worth it?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Mon, Jul 23rd, 2012
    I just heard of emeals.com through Dave Ramsey and want to try it.... does anyone have any experience with it/ any tips?

(If you haven't heard of it, it's a site that emails you weekly meal plan along with grocery list - meant to help you stay within a budget and make life easier)
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

Sounds like it could be great if your family isn't picky. It's just the BF and I here, and I work mostly nights so it wouldn't benefit me as much.
    What is there cancellation policy? $5/month wouldn't be to terrible.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

sparkpeople.com has a meal plan setting where you can print and view weekly meal plans and shopping lists and it's free. I have never tried it... but it's free and healthy. Not sure about budget friendly.
    Create a safer home, save money & space by cleaning with Norwex. Ask me for more details!
    my blog - imonglue.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't heard of Emeals, but I did try Menu-Mailer at Saving Dinner a few years back.

http://savingdinnershop.com/menu-mai...er-membership/

You buy a 3 month membership and she sends you a weekly menu for dinners along with a shopping list and recipes. If you go on the website's main page, you can sign up for a free menu-mailer to try it out.

Personally, I was never disciplined enough to use the menu-mailer as sent. I was more the type to look at the recipes and decide which appealed to me and which didn't. I found her freezer menus more useful, especially in the summer where meats and marinades were frozen in preparation for grilling season.

Having said all that, if you can stick to the menu plan, it takes a lot of guess work out of preparing a meal. The Menu Mailer would also have reminders on what do to the night before, for example, taking meat out of the freezer to defrost, etc, that were especially helpful.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

The only thing is that if the things on that weeks menu are not what you have and it's not on sale or you don't have a coupon for it, how much would you really save. I always plan my weekly meals around what I have in the freezer, and whenever I'm shopping, I'm always looking for the sale meats to restock. My freezer.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have heard of it, nothing bad but nothing amazing either. I don't know anyone that actually pays for it

SOS Cuisine does the same thing for free but matches things up with Canadian flyers and you can choose different types of menu (healthy, weightloss, cooking for one etc)
    $savingmom likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information