User Tag List

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Just letting people know in the area that my husband and I got food poisoning from the Dole Bagged Lettuce the one on sale for $1.00. We had chicken casear salad and that was the only thing I ate that day. My cats had the chicken raw and cooked & they were fine so after going to the dr's she said it was probably the lettuce. I already made a complaint to Dole. Almost recovered but wow down for two days.

meow
    deb
    This thread is currently associated with: Fortinos

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I don't like most bagged salad perfer to wash it all myself lol Sorry to hear hope you feel better soon

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Usually I go to Kin Fresh Market but I was they are on sale for $1 and a head was $1.50 so I got the bagged. Oh well lesson learned.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Usually I go to Kin Fresh Market but I was they are on sale for $1 and a head was $1.50 so I got the bagged. Oh well lesson learned.
    Damn I buy bagged lettuce all the time. Was it in marked down? Could it have been the dressing? Food poisoning is aweful. I've had it. Poor you.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

It was the one on sale for $1.00 and the dressing was used earlier that week. We thought of everything we ate that day but dr said probably lettuce and you can get e coli from lettuce. Worst thing is next day hubby got on a plane to Fort McMurrary I felt so bad for him cause at least I was home but it doesn't last long maybe 6 hrs being sick,

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, that's too bad... but maybe it was a touch of a stomach flu and not food poisoning.

I had food poisoning once, and it was the most horrid thing I have ever gone through in my life - I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It was hours and days of extreme pain and way too many visits to the bathroom from both ends. Gah, just thinking of how bad it was is icky.

Glad you are better.

Wow, your husband is working at Fort Mac - such a tragic accident on the highway from there recently, just awful.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I thought at first it was the stomach flu but I got it first and then hubby and he ate it about 4 hrs after me. And he got sick about 4-5hrs after me so it was the lettuce. Worse thing ever

he is only up there for a week. he works for a company fighting against the oil sands working with the natives on how it is destroying the area.

Thread Information