User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Err'd at people stealing groceries on the bottom rack of the cart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    yup bob it is at Food Basic's it is the cashiers that are suppose to ask each customer is there anything on the bottom I can help you with......I hate asking since I have gotton my head bitten off more then once...but God made me tall so I always do a quick peer thing...I love it look see a case of water on the bottom and say how many water sometimes they seem shocked that I was paying attention. But as metioned above it is your right and duty to say something the prices go up in the store you shop because that 40.00 dog food walked out without being payed for
    My Metro actually has mirrors on the bottom wall between the 2 cash registers ..like the aisle you stand in between the 2 cash registers while you are waiting for your groceries to be scanned..so that the cashier can see the bottom of the cart in the mirror.
    KK7, bluzsuz and pumpkin9211 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastblondie View Post
    If you want to bring it to the cashiers attention and don't want to be scrutinized for it, casually bring it up in conversation? If it's dog food, ask the people what they think of that dog food, tell them you're considering switching to that brand but you weren't sure. Nobody has to know you're telling the truth or even that you don't have a dog, and the cashier will have it brought to her attention when you do! Win/Win.
    Yup ..you can always say something like ..excuse me that dog food you are buying , was it on sale or something or which aisle did you find it in , as I might buy it too if its a good price.
    nightlite and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i'd like to think people don't do this intentionally or maliciously. especially people shopping with kids and keeping an eye on them in the cart.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    i'd like to think people don't do this intentionally or maliciously. especially people shopping with kids and keeping an eye on them in the cart.
    Well... if one is trained in any retail store theft detection, you learn that many people use kids (and their buggies, strollers, wagons, etc) as distractions to aid their theft plan.
    Some thieves ( parents, street hustlers, theft crews) even train those kids (at every age you can imagine) on how to steal.

I have even caught a woman who was training her 4- 5 year old kid the steps on how to overcome several theft deterrents on my home made roadside organic vegetable stand.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

umm not to be rude or mean hearted but just because they are parents dosn't mean they have it all there a women who's child ate the banana already wanted me to weigh it lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    umm not to be rude or mean hearted but just because they are parents dosn't mean they have it all there a women who's child ate the banana already wanted me to weigh it lol
    I see this all the time .

A kid was sitting in the shopping cart while his mom was pushing it from aisle to aisle buying stuff.

She had bought a big bunch of grapes and handed them to the kid in the cart. The kid was busy munching on them ..so by the time the reached the cash to weigh those grapes , the kid had finished half of them ..the mother fully knew what the kid was doing , so it wasn't an accident or anything.

I also see parents handing kids stuff from the bulk barn in a plastic bag to be weighed later on at the cash. The kids are busy snacking on that stuff while the parents shop , so very little of the stuff get weighed by the time they reach the cash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information