User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Group Play for $50 Million Lotto Max Draw on May 11

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    you joined over a year ago...just curious why you just started posting....some including myself may be wary to send money as we have been victims to money/product scams from ppl we thought we could trust.....
    Hi Jezebel, I joined this website a while back as a good place to search for deals and coupons. One day I came across a reference to buying lottery tickets and thought it was worth letting the members know about my groups.

There are a lot of dishonest and misleading lotto groups out there and I can understand your caution. I have been organizing these groups for over 20 years without ever a problem.

If you do not buy lottery tickets, I would never encourage you to start. But, if you already buy tickets, even if only on occasion, it is a much better option to buy as a group. Your chances of winning increase dramatically. We only play when the jackpot is very large so even though you would split the prize with other members of the group, with a huge jackpot, even a share can be life changing.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It is fairly obvious by the posts that there is very little interest in this here. I can't help but wonder why you insist on pushing this thread to the top of the page each day. It would probably be better to just either let it drop off the veiwing screen or expire it. I still can't help but feel you are advertising your website in an endeavour to make money. If you truely have a legit website, why not advertise it where others do and not on a site about couponing and saving money?
    TaraF, aussie, DaveP and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

With you being new here and no one knowing you I wouldn't be joining a lottery group and I would caution anyone reading this who might be interested as well. Nothing personal, just common sense.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    It is fairly obvious by the posts that there is very little interest in this here. I can't help but wonder why you insist on pushing this thread to the top of the page each day. It would probably be better to just either let it drop off the veiwing screen or expire it. I still can't help but feel you are advertising your website in an endeavour to make money. If you truely have a legit website, why not advertise it where others do and not on a site about couponing and saving money?
    I have received some interest from members of this forum. They have contacted me directly rather than post on the thread. I assume they are trying to avoid being criticized. If you view the rules on the site, it is clear I do not make any money. All money collected is used to buy tickets. I cover the cost of hosting the site and cost of the domain name.

My suggestion is to ignore the posts if you are not interested in lottery group play. Some people are interested. Playing in a group is a good way to "save money". The cost per ticket is much less than buying tickets on your own.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

You seem to be missing the point people are making here. I can smack a site together and claim the same thing and all the while pocketing the money. Considering no one here knows you, you could be doing just that. Let's look at this a little closer shall we?

Your profile/stats:

Threads started: 1 - This one
    Likes Rcvd: 0
    Likes Given: 0
    Trade score: 0
    Friends: 0
    About me: Only info is your lottery group.
    Visitors to profile: 1 - Me to see your stats to post here

Your thread: Please send me money to buy lottery tickets.

Get the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario38 View Post
    I have received some interest from members of this forum. They have contacted me directly rather than post on the thread. I assume they are trying to avoid being criticized. If you view the rules on the site, it is clear I do not make any money. All money collected is used to buy tickets. I cover the cost of hosting the site and cost of the domain name.

My suggestion is to ignore the posts if you are not interested in lottery group play. Some people are interested. Playing in a group is a good way to "save money". The cost per ticket is much less than buying tickets on your own.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    You seem to be missing the point people are making here. I can smack a site together and claim the same thing and all the while pocketing the money. Considering no one here knows you, you could be doing just that. Let's look at this a little closer shall we?

Your profile/stats:

Get the point?

+1. I am the second person to visit your profile and I did that by accident, clicking on the wrong link.
    hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post

Your profile/stats:

Get the point?
    Hi TaraF, yes, I do get the point. It is "buyer beware" and it is the type of advice I would expect from a website that promotes smart shopping.

It is the identical response I received over 4 years ago when I joined another Canadian shopping forum similar to this one. At first all the responses were negative but over time, members realized I was offering a legitimate service and many of the members of that form now belong to one or more or my groups.

If would be next to impossible to cheat people and yet still carry on after so many years. For example, last week someone could have joined a group for a minimum payment of $5. Prior to the draw, they would have received copies of tickets costing over $1,500. Would someone be willing to spend that much on tickets with the hope of stealing $5 from someone?

How could I possibly be getting repeat business and still be cheating people week after week. I point this out not to encourage people to join my groups but only to point out that I am being perfectly honest and above board.

It is OK to be cautious and to come to the conclusion it is not worth taking the risk. But I do not think it is fair to assume I am cheating people.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Mario38; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have reported this thread awhile ago as it doesn't seem to fit SC's rules.

Advertising is not allowed, if you would like to advertise on our site, please contact an administrator.

Mario is advertising on SC, and will make money from getting more people to play in this group method when they win. I was under the impression that self, business or organizational advertising was still not allowed, especially when his overall and personal winnings will go up by advertising in this community.
    TaraF and aussie like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

The comment below was posted by Boo in another thread ...Sally is aware of this thread since she has posted in it and has not expired the thread .

If you directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly attack, insult, mock, moderate or tell another Smartcanucks member what to do or not do while naming them or not mentioning their name in the Rants section or any other section on SmartCanucks you will be banned period.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I have reported this thread awhile ago as it doesn't seem to fit SC's rules.

Advertising is not allowed, if you would like to advertise on our site, please contact an administrator.

Mario is advertising on SC, and will make money from getting more people to play in this group method when they win. I was under the impression that self, business or organizational advertising was still not allowed, especially when his overall and personal winnings will go up by advertising in this community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    The comment below was posted by Boo in another thread ...Sally is aware of this thread since she has posted in it and has not expired the thread .

If you directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly attack, insult, mock, moderate or tell another Smartcanucks member what to do or not do while naming them or not mentioning their name in the Rants section or any other section on SmartCanucks you will be banned period.
    I don't think I attacked, insulted, mocked, moderated or told another SC what to do. I just stated known facts about Mario's venture, and would like some clarification, as this seems to be advertising (promoting something and making a profit). I mentioned things such as, "I was under the impression..." as I was hoping a mod could clarify if these types of threads are or are not allowed. If these threads are allowed, then I sure other active SCs would like to start similar ventures. Thx for your help
    TaraF, hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    I don't think I attacked, insulted, mocked, moderated or told another SC what to do. I just stated known facts about Mario's venture, and would like some clarification, as this seems to be advertising (promoting something and making a profit). I mentioned things such as, "I was under the impression..." as I was hoping a mod could clarify if these types of threads are or are not allowed. If these threads are allowed, then I sure other active SCs would like to start similar ventures. Thx for your help
    What you are stating are not facts. I am promoting a not-for-profit venture.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

*sighs* I'm out.
    DaveP likes this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I was not directing my post to you K8's Fate.

I should have quoted since the post by OP has since been edited....is it advertising I am unsure I will re-direct Sally back to this thread
    Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
    K8's Fate likes this.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

K8 if you had an issue you could of directed my attention to it rather then posted in the thread. It wasn't advertising and I had clearly asked in the first page for him to elaborate on what he meant.
    Jezebel likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    K8 if you had an issue you could of directed my attention to it rather then posted in the thread. It wasn't advertising and I had clearly asked in the first page for him to elaborate on what he meant.
    Hi Sally888, thanks for the support. Why was the thread moved to another forum?

Thanks
    Last edited by Mario38; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information