• 1 Post By Bronwen
  • 1 Post By ErinsMom

Thread: Train rating etiquette question

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Expired
    Hi

I received a train and want to leave feedback for all involved but a question first. There was a note from the conductor with the package from one rider. It said that she apologizes for that riders mistakes and provided great substitutes for me saying "Please accept these as replacement." I assume the conductor added them in from her own stash.

My question is: What kind of feedback do I leave for the rider that made all the mistakes? Don't think it's fair to leave a neutral or negative, so should I just not leave any because I don't know the backstory?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

I would ask the conductor for their suggestion and/or leave no rating at all.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I agree with pp. this has happened to me once (from two riders on one train!) and I decided not to leave feedback because I'd rather not give a positive than have to give neutral or negative when I could have easily made a mistake too without realizing it! Good idea from pp about asking the conductor as some say rating is mandatory.
    peterman likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you! I know that people make mistakes on trains (I have done so myself!) so I felt bad about leaving a neutral or negative. Thanks!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I would suggest getting the background story from the conductor.
    I personally have added many coupons on my trains for riders becasue of mistakes, but often the person that made the mistakes will "pay me back" on another train or send out replacement coupons. Or the person that made the mistakes sent me way more coupons than required so I don't mind added a few of my own. So leaving neutral or negative would not be appropriate since they have made good on their errors.

I think this happens alot more than riders realize. Great conductoirs fix alot of mistakes most riders aren't even aware of. This is always my goal- to make very rider happy with my train. if riders receive their envies back with lots of mistakes they are not only upset with the rider that sent the errors, they are also upset with the conductor for not fixing those errors.
    This is why I don't mind asking for a BP of stamps & WL coupons. I give every rider the required # of coupons & also end up adding several more for mistakes. I don't mind as long I as don't end up losing out & the train costing me money in the end.

If in the end you received the total # of correct coupons for the train I think you have to consider it a positive experience overall.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Thread Information