Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Got all this and a 15.28 overage

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Got 10 Snuggle dryer sheets - coupon zone = free
    10 Resolve Spray & Wash - cupon zone = free
    4 Pantene Shampoo - peelies & Buy one get one = free
    16 Colgate Total advance toothpaste - 13 x 1.50 coupons = 18.20 overage.
    And the difference is the tax

I was about to price match the toothpaste when the cashier said no need, they are coming up for .10 ea. She was just excited as I was. She asked if she could have one of the toothpaste and I gladly said sure, take a couple.

The real funny part of it though was that my daughter and her boyfriend were with me and I really want her to know how much she can save by using coupons because she is only 17 and she is going to be moving to Toronto for a year and if she is in need she can use them. I said I want you to watch me check out so you can see how much you can save by using coupons. I knew the transaction would be close to free but she got to see this, her friend (cashier) pass me back 15.28.

I wanted her to get a good impression on using coupons and she gets to see this. lol. I explained this is something rare but if nothing else, I just want her to remember in the back of her mind, if things ever get tough, coupons can help a lot.

I am still shaking, lol
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great shopping trip. I'm sure you made a impression on her. If everyone started to use coupons at her age. Can you image the money we would have saved
    Big Pink likes this.

Alexa <3
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

Great brag that's pretty amazing!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Great luck, and good lesson for your daughter. My mom taught me young too
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Ya, I pretty much did that shop because she was with me and I really wanted her to see. We all went through some pretty rough times and its only after my three teenage girls are all on their own that I got into couponing and found out how much coupons help. I guess I really want to pass this on to them because I can't even imagine what it would have been like if I knew (back when they were small) then what I know now.

I guess I would consider this one of those important life lessons that I would like to pass on to my kids. I wish I could have done it when they were with me but I hope they see it now. I now have a little stock pile for them to help themselves to and I am always thinking of them. My oldest daughter is going to have a baby in September (my first grandchild) and I really hope that she will start using them, too.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

That's AMAZING! Fantastic brag

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm sure you made an impression on her. And you did an amazing job saving on the coupons!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At which store was this transaction performed?
    Was some of the items price-matching for other stores?
    How much were the item costs (before coupons)?

( This information is really helpful in any post so that other members could potentially replicate these deals)

Thanks
    Last edited by greencanuck; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

great deal on the toothpaste

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Was the toothpaste clearance or something? It was only 10 cents?!

I assume this was done at WM since they are the only store to allow overages but please explain for some of us who may be hoping to score the same deals.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

It was at Walmart. As far as the toothpaste goes, I am not sure if it was on clearance or what. The shelf tag said somthing like 2.36 and I was going to price match it to Zellers for .99 for Colgate Total premium toothpast, 85 ml. It just came up at the register for the .10. It was the Colgate Total Advance Health, 85 ml. I used coupons that was for 1.50 and good on any.

The Resolve is 2.00 there, the snuggle is 1.00 and the Pantene was 3.96.

I had originally was only going to get 6 of the toothpaste but when it came up for .10, I said I wanted to go back and grab some more. I left my daughter there with my cart to finish the transaction and I went back and grabbed the rest and when I got back to the register the cashier was waiting for me. Thats about it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the update !
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Awesome deal on the 10¢ toothpaste!

I have the Snuggle CZ coupon in front of me here and it states on the back that it excludes the 20 count boxes.
    Was there a different one available? Or was there a higher count Snuggle on for $1?
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

ooohhh, I didn't see that on the back, I was just going by the front and what others were saying on here. On the front it says "any". I am not even sure she even looked at the back either because if she had, she would have read where it is a limit of one per customer, as well.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judyhill View Post
    ooohhh, I didn't see that on the back, I was just going by the front and what others were saying on here. On the front it says "any". I am not even sure she even looked at the back either because if she had, she would have read where it is a limit of one per customer, as well.
    Mistakes happen!
    Just double checking! Didn't want anyone else to be misinformed about the Snuggle CZ coupon.
    I was told by the manager at my Walmart that the "one per customer" rule doesn't apply with them, because they're not taking it as a coupon just a price override.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information