User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stores that won't put out coupons....

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

It is very rare to find a coupon in my local Walmart, and it makes me wonder - what do they do with them when manufacturers send them with product? Our Atlantic Superstore is also very anti coupon - when the last VH coupon booklets came out I was told they 'requested' books with no coupons in them and have seen this happen with several coupons in that store - info book but no coupons.

I 've been tempted to ask just in case there is a Coupon-topia in a box in the back of the store somewhere.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i was under the assumption that walmart rarely has coupons out because theyre prices are generally the lowest?
    thats what ive heard
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

I always thought that too! But since being an Scer for a while now, and an avid checker of the coupon scan thread - I notice many coupons originating from walmart and have to say I am kinda disapointed (perhaps jealous??!!) of other Wal Marts.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

One grocery store in my area only puts out coupons during the last few days before the expiry, limiting hoarding.

Another store puts out a sign that there is a coupon available, but you have to purchase the product there and then. The cashier will discount the coupon at the register. When I walked by the cashier, she had huge stacks of tearpads underneath the counter.

Darned hoarders!
    glowworm2k likes this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I use to see couons all the time at Walmart till apx 1-2 years ago now very very rarley, makes it harder to get any coupons there are very limited stores that have them

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

i have never found coupons at my Walmart....I also never knew they had them until i joined this site...

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

My local Walmart has only had H&B coupons once in a blue moon, I think i've only grabbed 4 or 5 in total, but never grocery ones

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rexall Drugs on 108 St and Jaser Avenue in downtown Edmonton have coupons and Rexall Drugs in downtown Red Deer absolutely none.

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

I emailed WM to find out why they never have coupons, and I am still waiting for a response. I was just curious to see if they will say why. I will post what their response is

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Our London Drugs doesn't put them out, but if you know the cashier they'll give you a bunch.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Ive found a few coupons at walmart in the past year or so, they had garnier fructis, jamesons vitamins and shick coupons. They are usually on the displays in the center aisles.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I have never seen any coupon at walmart, rexall or london drugs (not their own yellow coupon)

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I know from an employee that the employees at their wm have a collection bowl of coupons that the emloyees are welcome to go through on breaks somewhere in their lunch room... although i once and a while do see displays with coupons but they quicly disappear

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    One grocery store in my area only puts out coupons during the last few days before the expiry, limiting hoarding.

Another store puts out a sign that there is a coupon available, but you have to purchase the product there and then. The cashier will discount the coupon at the register. When I walked by the cashier, she had huge stacks of tearpads underneath the counter.

Darned hoarders!
    Our FreshCo does this as well. Coupons that aren't very desirable ($1 off $20 bags of dog food, anyone?) are put on the shelves with the product, but any hot coupons or coupons that would be awesome with a sale are kept at the cash. I didn't like it at first (freshco isn't my fave store), but figure that at least I have the same chance as everybody else of getting a coupon!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The only coupons I see at Walmart at the ones that stick to premade displays sent out by companies like shampoo, lotions, razors, etc., in the bathroom product sections.

I've never seen food coupons at walmart unless they're on the product itself. Walmart sees thousands of people a day. That's no match for a small tearpad. It's better to drive people to smaller stores to get this coupons (and possibly buy other things, too) IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information