User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was in No Frills today (Wyse Road) and a cashier told me that they are now offering 10 PC points for every reuseable bag that you use. This is a (great) decrease from the 50 points per bag that they were offering.

I am disatisified with this development, because I am a PC Points collector. They have always appeared to encourage the use of reuseable bags, as opposed to plastic bags, and this change flies in the face of that policy.

I am email Loblaws to let them know my feelings. According to the cashier, Superstore will still offer 50 points per bag.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The points are very low to begin with. 50pts = 5cents, 10pts = 1cent.\
    AFAIK, doesn't Superstore only offer 10pts?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No, until recently, both Superstore and No Frills offered 50 per reuseable bag. In other words, say you had 6 reuseable bags, you would get 300 bonus points. Now I would only get 60 bonus points. The cashier told me that Superstore will continue to offer 50 points per bag.

I think I see what you are saying rbchimp, about the points being relatively low, BUT PC Points does blow Air Miles out of the water. If you have a PC Mastercard, you get 10 points for every dollar you spend at any store. 20,000 = $20 off your grocery order, and the points can add up quickly if you use your Mastercard often. I can usually collect a $20 reward every 4 months, but it takes me years to collect Air Miles.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I collect Air Miles, and if you look for product with bonus AM's, or purchase Gift cards when they offer you bonus miles, that's when I do it. I'm gonna use those gift cards anyway, so why not earn a little bonus when I buy them?

I can earn approx $20-40 in Sobey's vouchers every 3-6 months, simply by shopping at Sobeys', looking for bonus miles, and buying gas at Shell!
    Last edited by nadiabreckon; Thu, May 3rd, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I collect points out of convenience. Airmiles keeps de-valuing their points, but you can still collect them and receive credit card rewards.

Otherwise, cash back rewards are more important to me. I have the MBNA Smart Cash card, which gives 3% cash back on grocery and gas station purchases for the first $600 spending per month, and 1% after the $600 and 1% on all other purchases. They cut you a check once you reach $50 in rewards. No Annual fees, etc.

PC Points are useless to me now, since I just use the MBNA card instead.

Thread Information