User Tag List

bcteagirl
    I had a call to my house this afternoon from HBC, saying that since I was such a well deserving credit card holder (I use it twice a year ) I was eligible to get 10$ worth of free long distance... they then started to try to ask me questions right away (so that I am saying yes)....

I started asking what else I have to do to get the free phone card, they kept saying it was a credit not a phone card and kept on going trying to ask me questions..

I asked if this is not a phone card, how is it credited? How would HBC know which phone company I am using etc? They stated that since I was in BC they would assume I was with Telus (sketchy to me!).

After a few 'what else do I have to do to get the card' 'But it is not a card! What type of long distance do you prefer?' They mentioned that this came with 'new low rates for my long distance calling'... at which point I said that I was not interested in a package deal and hung up!

Has anyone else had this call? I am assuming they were trying to sucker people into a package deal of some sort since they kept skirting my questions and trying to ask questions of their own....?
    This thread is currently associated with: Telus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

HBC resells telecommunications services, so yup, I'd say they were trying to switch your phone business over. Sadly, they will sign up many unsuspecting customers.

I called them many years ago to change my account to 'Do not solicit', after I got tired of their pitches to sell accident insurance..... haven't heard from them since.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sounds like a scam, google it.

Yesterday I had this extremely strange number appear on my phone and found answers in google, some vacay place, it was annoying!

Thread Information