User Tag List

Like Tree15Likes
  • 6 Post By avoncallingu
  • 1 Post By DaveP
  • 1 Post By MrsSunshine
  • 4 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By glowworm2k
  • 1 Post By ninna

Thread: The season for awful combinations!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

The temperature hit 32 degrees here today. Just last week, I was wearing gloves! But today kind of snuck up on a person!!! Suddenly the outfit you put on this morning expecting it to be just another day turned to a despirate, throwing clothes everywhere - getting hotter and hotter as you go - quest to find something that you were not going to BOIL in.

You force every drawer that holds supposed "summer clothes" open and pull boxes off top shelves - teetering on step ladder- precariously perched - 3 legs on the rug and one - not - Only to find that somehow - inexplicably - you have given away at least one half of every pair of things that MATCHED last summer! And what's left doesn't seem to FIT QUITE RIGHT!

But still - it's getting hotter and you're perspiring and you have to go to a meeting in ....half an hour.

So you make a TERRIBLE decision- it's either wear the nightie that seemed a little chilly last night and pretend it's a summer dress - or you grab two things that SEEM to look ok in the dim light of the bedroom - switch your orthotics to your sandals - look down in the terrible light of the sun and see that - somehow you packed your shirt away for the winter with a toothpaste stain on the front of the it and .....

you missed one jiggled line of hair when you shaved your legs this morning before you really woke up in the shower.

BUT - luckily...... everybody OUT there looks approximately the same - whew!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, May 4th, 2012 at 12:15 AM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

32? I had to read that twice to make sure you were talking celcius and not fahrenheit. Gaa! Way too hot for me. And in early May?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

bahahaha...I spit out my coffee....thanks for the morning laugh and making me hate you so much for living in the land of beautiful weather, lol!!!!! I just love it when the weather gets that warm. Last week, we had one day where it was 26, we broke a record. Now back to normal spring weather (or even below). Next week has good prospects though...but I'm not holding my breath. Have a great day, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day. Hopefully today will be just as nice for you.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hilarious! lol

I'm in SW Ontario as well....so same temperature....which was a bit too warm for me.....especially with the crazy humidity! And I've been having intense allergies this year already so I really don't want any other interferences with my breathing, lol. I like the dry heat best!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

well i am jealous and envious out here in BC we have a nice temp of 8C...I am being sarcastic here...its not a nice temp its a horrible 8C...plus its raining and everything is terribly wet outside and I agreed to go see someone in the hospital today before I realized it was raining outside. Oh my I am going to get drenched and its not just sprinkling like it was yesterday its downpouring I want my sun back is that to unreasonable to ask for.
    Live, Love, Laugh

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

and... lets add to that list.. that when you get in the car. you notice the engine light comes on... which means you need to turn the heat on full blast to prevent it from over heating and also means having both windows wide open..... while its spitting.. *sigh*
    avoncallingu likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol, Avon!
    That's one of the best descriptions of a spring/winter day I've ever read!
    You forgot to mention that those ivory slacks that draped so beautifully last year now look like second skin!!......or......is that just me? :?

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

LOL, too funny!
    It got like that here a week ago, too. Then there's that lovely part near the end of the day where the temperature suddenly plummets again. For a split second, it's soo relieving.... ahhhh.... just a nice, cool breeze.... then it turns into a tornado-force wind bringing hail and sub-arctic temperatures and leaving you cowering for cover. You get back into the overheating car only to realize that the automatic windows are now stuck in the 'down' position and in the rush to get out of the house, you hadn't bothered to bring along a jacket, so it's either freeze or cover up with the icky pet-hair-covered, stained car blanket that's also unexplainably sticky on one side.... *shudder*
    FallenPixels and avoncallingu like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

funny funny funny.

I hate that feeling of "awww crap, it's hotter than I expected. I hope no one notices that my legs haven't seen a razor in awhile because I am not, repeat NOT wearing long pants today" feeling. LOL.

Seriously though--it's funny you mention the gloves. I took my kids biking last week wearing wooly gloves and my hands were still so cold I could hardly move my hands by the time we go home. Then yesterday? I got sunburnt. We're not talking "a little pink" either. We're talking "full-out angry looking red scorch marks all over my shoulders and arms" kinda sunburnt.

<sigh> only in SW Ontario.
    avoncallingu likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Thread Information