User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Passport Photo Gong Show

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

"My local Shoppers is always busy doing passport photos...they must do a good job...it can't be for the ambiance, they are done in a cramped spot right beside the photo electronics area."

That's why we didn't go to SDM with the 2 kids, too cramped. I also figured if CAA wouldn't do babies, I wasn't going to try Shopper's. I never thought of Costco though and will try that next time as we are members...you can't beat $6...thanks Holly.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, May 5th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

we've had our best passort photo experience at Wal Mart too.
    The gal I do Girl Guides with is from England and she had her first baby in October. She was planning a trip home in the spring so she had to get the baby's passport done when he was 3 months old. She went to wal mart as well and she said they ended up having to cover her in a white sheet while holding the baby up for the camera and then getting someone to walk by the photo place and make a loud noise to get the babies attention! She said it was hilarious.
    pippinelkhound and Teri623 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Its all hit or miss wherever you go. I understand about the infant thing. For each of my three children I had to get their passport pictures done when they were really young, all under 2 months. For my last child, she was only 2 weeks old, and it was so hard to get her awake for the picture in the winter when she was bundled so warm. After 4 attempts, I almost gave up Enjoy your trip!!!!!

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We used Sears for our DD passport photo when she was 18 months. It was close to $20 for the photo but it was not rejected. The hardest part was getting her to sit still and not smile.

How much does Wal-Mart charge for passport photos?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

When I tried them last year, I was shocked that they were $15!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plc View Post
    We used Sears for our DD passport photo when she was 18 months. It was close to $20 for the photo but it was not rejected. The hardest part was getting her to sit still and not smile.

How much does Wal-Mart charge for passport photos?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Took my little ones to get thier passport pics done at Walmart, everything seemed fine. The girl even took a few to make sure they were going to meet the guidelines. My 5-year olds pic was accepted, but my 2-year olds was not. The woman at the Whitby Mall passport office wasn't very nice, she immediately said "sorry but your daughter's skin is too white". She could have said that she looks pale or the lighting was too bright but no she said "she's too white, try putting makeup on her". Umm, she just turned TWO! I don't know why she was blaming me, we're extremely pale, what can I possibly do about it. Brought it back to Walmart and the girl re-did the pics and she had to turn OFF the lights in the ceiling and hopefully now they will be accepted. Sheesh, they can be SO picky!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

I'm looking to get passport photos done soon. Don't have a Costco membership, but I don't want to pay a lot either. Where is my best bet for cheapest/still good enough? Walmart?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I always did ours in Jean Coutu. No waiting, the clerk there was very familiar with passport photo requirements. If they see you have an oily forehead, reflecting glasses ... they will tell you what to do & redo the pic.
    Around $10.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Every passport studio should have a bumbo...supposedly the best thing ever for doing babies' passport photos. Not looking forward to the day I've got to get my 4 kids done.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Oh I remember when my oldest one was only one month old, we had to try quite a few places, seems like no one wants to take passport photos for babies. I had to pay $40 at sears to have it done.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had mine done at Sears. My photographer was really nice, and ended up taking the pic 3 times because she was concerned the first two weren't quite right. Got accepted without incident.
    Probably just hit and miss, on whether or not you get a photographer that has a keen eye and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure your photo is perfect.

That being said, when my renewal comes up next year, I'll probably just go to Walmart.
    Granger likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The pics run $10-15 in my area.

Having said that it's a total gongshow getting the pictures accepted. Northgate government centre rejected everyone of our pictures. So having nothingelse to do that day, I drove down to Canada Place, stood in line, and the pictures were accepted. After they took everything, I asked why they had been rejected at Northgate, the guy just smiled and said some people just enjoy the power!
    Granger likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Although you would think taking a passport picture would be easy as 1-2-3. It's not. There are so many regulations that have to be followed or the picture will be rejected. Children are the hardest to photograph. Tiny infants are almost impossible.

Having said that any passport photo that has been rejected should be refundable.
    pippinelkhound and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Cool, thread CPR...add your passport photo nightmares to the thread. Walmart was great for us, especially the 2 month old...but if you read the first post it was a gong show until then.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I had mine done at walmart because when I called thay said 9.99, they then charged me 15.99 for it. ugh!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information