User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Chellezilla
  • 2 Post By Binky5
  • 2 Post By carmenmaria_27

Thread: Question re: Bartering / selling the products of fruitful Couponing....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Greetings! As I am new to the couponing world, I find I have many of the few things that I got for free / very reasonable, probably more than I will use anytime soon. Yet, when I look at the photos of other people's stockpiles, there are items I could really use. Do people ever trade / sell ( for a very reasonable price) the items they get? ( ...and is there anyone out there that wants to trade with me for some Zantac??? LOL)
    Thanks for your time!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think most people are too greedy and want their stock piles to be stupid big.

It would be in everyone best interest to share the loot though. I generally trade with my step mom. She will buy something I need and I will have something she needs and we trade.

There is one unmentionable person who constantly clears the shelves in my area and refuses to share with anyone. I just want enough to get me and my immediate family through not be greedy. you cant take your toilet paper stock pile with you LOL
    Jmarshall likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Every so often I just "share the loot" lol. Giving it away to someone who can use it is so much better than having it take over your house! My family members are always giving me coupons, so this is a way to thank them. If you have anyone that helps you out ( paper delivery person, family members, etc.) it's a good way to reward them!!! I've given a lot of things to our local church. Often they will have someone going to a thirld world country. When we go down south, I raid my stock pile for the maids, etc. We take medications, tooth paste, tooth brushes, body wash,pads, etc. It feels so good to be able to give to someone who doesn't have so much!!! Oh yes, and at Christmas time one of our schools sponsers a local family. They have a list of gifts wantd for the children, etc. Instead of purchasing a gift I filled 2 huge boxes with grocey/ personal hygene items!! Some of the items would have been good stocking stuffers for the kids, the rest would help restock their pantry. Hope this helps.
    islandlakes and Jmarshall like this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I do share my stuff .. I DON'T have a HUGE stockpile but I have more than usuall and I know I will be able to get more in the next sale lol .. so I tend to give it away to my family or friends that I know they really need it. They always try to offer me money but is always a NO NO because I either got it for free or extreamley cheap .. and they ALWAYS give me they inserts lol !
    Happy Shopping !!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    136 (100%)

I would certainly trade or barter, I have a large stock pile but I always give it away to coworkers that give me inserts etc, and anyone who comes in the house leaves with bags full of stuff!!!!! It is fun!!
    grannyg and Poohbear1ac like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

My kids shop in my stock pile, and i'm always giving to my family members, Also i give to someone for donations to causes,,

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Hmm..I wouldn't sell the things in my stock pile, but I do happily share and donate. I am happy to give big Easter presents to my god daughters and their family of "practical presents". This year, they recieved 2 bottles of body wash, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, bar soap, feminine supplies, brushes, hair elastics, body lotion, mainly personal care stuff.

I also donate to the food bank regularly, and keep my eye out for organizations that could need some help. I cook lunch for the lunch program (usually pasta; Catelli of course!) and keep my eye out for things that I know they use on sale.
    I also co-ordinate a Christmas outreach for families and this year I would like to be able to give each family member a small personal care kit..toothbrush, toothpaste, etc...So I'm trying to build a stockpile to be able to do that.

I know many families that could use a hand...and I am blessed with what I need in life. A roof over my head, a loving husband and more then enough to eat and drink. There are so many in this world, that don't even have that.

sugarmamma
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well said hydroxybutane. My stockpile is not large but I love couponing because it makes it possible for me to share.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sugarmamma View Post
    Well said hydroxybutane. My stockpile is not large but I love couponing because it makes it possible for me to share.
    I agree i have an extremely large stock pile and I help my dad and step mom out they are both retired.I have my mom all stocked for the cottage for the summer.I laugh when people say how do you do that?? I didn't realize cuponing was that big in NS.

Thread Information