User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

We went to LD yesterday and they were quite adament they would NOT pricematch safeway because of the club card.. fair enough. They pricematched walmart for me.. but only for 4 items?

Is this typical of all the CS people? Or just the lady we got yesterday? I have a feeling the CS rep that helped us the first time would probably pricematch..

Whats your experience? Is there one CS rep to avoid, and another to look for?

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Safeway, Walmart

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

LD does not PM and Club or Card price flyers. And 3-4 PM's is all they do. All the CS reps are great.... As long as you are polite, organized and not trying to take advantage you shouldn't have any problems!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks! She was very helpful and wasnt mean or anything.. I try to be exremely polite /apologetic when I'm handing them stacks of coupons.. and they seem to appreciate it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yup...freeplease is right. No PMing Safeway or SaveOn Foods (or any other 'club card' savings prices). It's not just you or the CS rep as 3/4 items is a reasonable amount ...a CS rep once laid it out for me and it all made perfect sense...the coupon stacking they get there money back for, so no loss...the PMing they are taking a price cut, so their profit margin shrinks - I am not sure what their volume buying power is like, but I am sure it is not near what WalMart or RCSS can do, so they don't get to make the deals with the mfc. that other stores may. Made sense to me.

brittanyb
    Trading Score
    153 (100%)

So i went to LD yesterday adn asked about the PM and the lady who helped me said that you can Pm as many items as your'd like just no more than 4 of each item so people don't clear the shelves

Leorasaver
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello all,

I just had a quick question regarding london drugs price matching.
    I have the flyer for RCSS but it ends on Thursday but I wont be able to go shopping until Friday. Will LD price match on friday or would I have to use the new weeks flyer?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You would have to use the new flyer.

Leorasaver
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thats what I thought ... Thank you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

yup..............they only match current flyers.......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Apparently the staff have now been informed that it is a max. of 2 PM`s per item...not 3 or 4.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for letting us know!! Thats still good

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I agree!! 2 of each item is more than enough...there is so much opportunity to get items for just taxes, it is totally unnecessary to buy the store out in one full swoop.

I was shocked when I went to pick up a few things on my list and saw how empty the shelves were on day 2 of the flyer....that is part of the reason they are lowering the PM's....there are some couponers out there who feel they have to clear the shelves and are not leaving stock for other shoppers (whether they be couponers or not). I hope it doesn't continue, because as much as LD loves the $$ we couponers bring in to the store, they realize that we are only loyal shoppers because of the coupon stacking...if that ever stops (because of the mfc.) many of us have said we would not shop there...they know that, therefore it is equally important to them to keep their non-coupon shoppers happy - their loyal customers. Not having stock on day 2 of their flyer is not going to do that.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Part of the issue for lack of stock right now is.... Inventory at the Wharehouse, they are not bringing any stock till the counting is done... which I think Hubby said friday. So we just have to deal with what little there is right now.

Also There are a couple of Ladies in Chilliwack who are charging people how to learn how to coupon and there is a MASSIVE amount of them out there now.. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great (not the charging people part) but a lot of them have got the newbie excitement and are gathering as much as they can... it should die down in a while.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi there,
    I've priced matched at London Drugs before from a safeway flyer...the young fella there said that they will price match anything from any flyer as long as it was current. sometimes I've gotten a clerk though that won't price match if the competetor store have sold out the item. kinda dumb? either u price match or you don't you figure?!?!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just depends on whos working there. Some are a little more easier going then others. I pricematched 4 items the other day still.. but some are saying its 2 now. Just smile very sweetly, and ask the clerk before you fill your cart up expecting a card price - pricematch. Seems to work just fine that way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information