User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: First coupons, now PINs

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

We all know that people are selling coupons on eBay. But now I've seen an all time low. A person is selling a box of 302 coke bottle caps with coke pins. As always you are not buying the caps but now you are paying for the BOX! The "box" costs $40.00 US and the shipping is $23.25 US! Holy C**p! This is getting laughable! I'm soo gobsmacked that this is all I can say
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay
    sharkie and amandalee76 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh for heavens sake what next. I don't think I have found one coupon in Red Deer in the last few weeks exept a .50 nutrigrain bar coupon, I am assuming we have a seller or a few serious traders here.
    Blame has to go to the fools that buy them though as well.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You can only input 10 icoke codes every week.
    What would you do with so many icoke codes?
    wolfwoman and amandalee76 like this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Man, think of all the drunken fools on college campuses that could get rich if they ever heard of this idea. Some people. Just, uncool. The things that people can get away with on ebay....

I don't know anything about the icoke pins really. Is there a pin under every single cap or just some of them?
    Last edited by westcoastblondie; Sun, May 6th, 2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Question about Icoke pins.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Pins are different from coupons. They are not a free for the taking like tearpads so you are not taking a pin away someone else by selling it. You have to purchase the item to get the pin, or raid a recycle bin to find stuff others threw out anyway.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i hadn't heard of people selling coupons on Ebay until reading a post the other day, so i checked it out. Its ridiculous. One lady was selling copies of red plums stating 'you're paying for my time in cutting the coupons'. SERIOUSLY?!
    wolfwoman likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This of course makes me sick, this is just as bad as selling coupons.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastblondie View Post
    Man, think of all the drunken fools on college campuses that could get rich if they ever heard of this idea. Some people. Just, uncool. The things that people can get away with on ebay....

I don't know anything about the icoke pins really. Is there a pin under every single cap or just some of them?
    I too have no idea what to do with icoke pins. But apprently someone does

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Both my kids collect iCoke pins. We drink coke so they alternate who gets next one.

DD saves her pins for Seventeen magazine, and DS saves for McD GC or movie pass.

The pins are found in the 2L and I think those horribly expensive tiny bottles at convenience stores.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grah6210 View Post
    i hadn't heard of people selling coupons on Ebay until reading a post the other day, so i checked it out. Its ridiculous. One lady was selling copies of red plums stating 'you're paying for my time in cutting the coupons'. SERIOUSLY?!
    That's fairly common for people who are selling coupons to state in their ads...because coupons typically have a "void if sold/transferred/etc." clause in their fine print. You are not technically allowed to pay her for the coupons, so she's "charging" for her time and effort.

It reminds me of that dry cleaner who "sold" potatoes to his clients and gave them their dry cleaning items as a sort of gift with purchase to get out of having to charge GST, waaaay back in the day. Technically, he was within the letter of the law - no GST was collectable or payable on potatoes. But Revenue Canada came down on him (and other retailers like him) pretty hard.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

In the US there are clipping services for the flyers and selling coupons is very open and common. I was looking at weusecoupons.com forum and they also sell actual product (mailing is cheaper in the US). So stock up on free stuff and sell it off or trade for other stuff.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm confused as to why it makes you sick. I got a year subscription to Cosmo for my daughter and 6 movie passes to give as gifts, as well as a bunch of coke fpcs using these pins. They come in caps on the bottles of pop that I buy. If someone offered me enough pins for a years cosmo subscription for $5 it would totallly be worth it. If someone pays for the item and the pin is part of that item , what is wrong with selling it? .. Roughly 60 icoke pins will give you 2 movie passes at present.. I think its a great idea for people who can find these pins or uses the products at home to sell or trade them to people who can use them, if they dont want to use them. In the past months, besides the cosmo and movie passes I've gotten 80$ in gift cards using pins found on products.

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    This of course makes me sick, this is just as bad as selling coupons.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    We all know that people are selling coupons on eBay. But now I've seen an all time low. A person is selling a box of 302 coke bottle caps with coke pins. As always you are not buying the caps but now you are paying for the BOX! The "box" costs $40.00 US and the shipping is $23.25 US! Holy C**p! This is getting laughable! I'm soo gobsmacked that this is all I can say
    That had better be one darned snazzy box!

Seriously, though, I just find all this stuff nuts. Really, don't people have anything better to do?!?

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

If you are familiar with the Lean Cuisine/stouffer pins.. the icoke pins work the same.. You register on the site, enter in the pin found on the inside of specially marked caps.. each cap will have a pin. Each pin is worth 500 points. They offer different prizes at different times, currently I am collecting movie passes to put in my Christmas gift baskets. As it gets closer to Christmas I hope to find mazagine subscriptions as well..

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    I too have no idea what to do with icoke pins. But apprently someone does
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I know, seriously... I trade inserts for stamps or coupons and used to clip them so I could get more in the envelope for the person.. but it was so not worth it.. I totally don't understand how people have the patience to clip all the inserts for a few bucks or so.. so not worth it..

Quote Originally Posted by grah6210 View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information