User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: really annoyed by some traders

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

Expired
    I am looking for some fpc's and some traders have them on their tl. They are asking for fpc's in return instead of the amount of coupons/stamps adding up to the value of the coupon. Since it is hard for me to find fpc's and I have none to trade I can't trade with them. This makes me a bit mad.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/nephora
    Gift hulk please use this link. earn money and prizes
    http://superpoints.com/refer/angelkisses3000
    earn cash and prizes

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

In time you will build up a stash of FPCs too. Most traders value the FPCs higher than regular coupons. With a FPC the shelf price basically does not matter while with a cents off you need to look for a deal.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

tha'ts why I have never been on a train...rarely have any FPCs and when I get them I got them for a reason...I used them

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

you know what i have traded free coupons for other plain coupons if it benefits me to saving money by using these coupons then i will-come on people give up some of your hard fast rules -i will not play into the trading of the nexxus thats for sure
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
    hollyquaiscer and glowworm2k like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

well me as trader I usually only want FPC's for my FPC's and if I do trade reg coupons I usually trade double amount example if I am giving you a FPC for Triscuit apx value 4.00 I would want 8.00 in reg coupons. Maybe if you knew this it might help you more in trading for reg coupons for FPC's

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Sometimes I will trade a FPC for regular(or HV)coupons I am looking for. If I have no use for the FPC I want to make my trade worth my while too.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

For me, it'd all depend on how much the FPC is worth to me: is it something I regularly use or for a popular product? If so, I'll use it myself or set a high trade value for it as I know it's really "in demand". If not, I'd trade it to whoever was interested provided that in return I got coupons that I really wanted and would use. I've done this in the past - trading a fpc for other coupons that had a high value to me because I was 100% I would use them all and it was thus a good deal from my end. No need to get frustrated over a coupon - even FPCs are often only worth two or three bucks when compared to a reasonable sale (just think about the triscuit one: if you traded for it, you'd be getting something you can regularly get on sale for $2 PLUS you'd be out your postage money, and the time you spent searching out the coupon and doing the trade... maybe it's worth it, maybe not!).

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

fpc's are usually hard to get for everyone. I have a high trade rating but a small amount of fpc's so yes if I'm trading one, I'd like one in exchange for it or at least close to the same value for myself. Ie, if I have an fpc for $10, I'd like approx. the same value in coupons that I dont have to pay a lot OOP for the product. So, for example I'd be more willing to trade for 2 x $5 children's advil (making them $2 for me to buy OOP) instead of something like 3 x $2 J&J Tylenol (because to buy the children's tylenol it would still cost me $5 OOP for each bottle). Hopefully that makes sense!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think it depends on the trader. I've traded a $5 FPC for a postage stamp before, even HV FPC or rare ones. I have learned that people will take advantage of you since those early days though, so no one email me about a stamp for my $5 Chapmans coupon, okay?

If i can't use the coupon, I'd rather get a stamp for it than buy something I don't want/need or recycle it. Some people are easy traders, others ask for quite a bit, other people are reasonable. If you can't find someone reasonable, try again later or someone else. It could be that someone's just had a bad day.
    chickypoodles likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It seems fair to me, but it depends on what the trader has

If it is a regular coupon I really want, I would be happy to trade regular coupons for a FPC but I am not going to give it away for something I don't want. Right now I have about 50 stamps so no point for me trading for more stamps, they would just sit there, when I could trade for a FPC I could use to get something free instead of the one I am trading
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

It is common to trade an FPC for double the amount of regular coupons, but some traders will happily trade FPC's they don't want for the same value of coupons they will use. However, if you offer someone $5 in regular coupons for their $5 FPC, you can't expect that they will jump at this lol.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

What's worse is a poster telling everybody that it's not worth the hassle to trade with me in my thread because they could get a better deal somewhere else.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    What's worse is a poster telling everybody that it's not worth the hassle to trade with me in my thread because they could get a better deal somewhere else.
    Thanks just plain rude! I myself am a very easy trader and don't get hung up on all these rules. I would rather GIVE a coupon(s) to someone rather than see it go to waste waiting to trade it. But then that's just me

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

i rarely trade my FPC for other FPC. i'd rather get a bunch of smaller coupons that i can't find for the FPC. but that's just me.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    i rarely trade my FPC for other FPC. i'd rather get a bunch of smaller coupons that i can't find for the FPC. but that's just me.

I'm with you on that one. I would rather have 5x $1 off something I buy that is always on sale for $2, over one FPC for the same product "valued" at $3.99 or whatever. This is why I generally trade my FPCs.
    Last edited by annedougherty; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information