User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mail-in offers

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm annoyed at my mail-in offers that I have to wait forever for, and sometimes never get at all. I am still waiting for a Kelloggs gas cheque that they mistakenly sent to the wrong address (the other four were sent to the correct one), one Vector t-shirt, and the Chatelaine magazine promotion from the Silhouette promotion they had *last year*.

This week, I only just got my Lysol rebate cheque from last year, which they claim was returned by Canada Post. That one completely boggles me since we've been getting mail there from Canada Post for decades. I know they know where the mailbox is!!

I'm a bit skeptical at these mail-in rebates or PIN offers now. It seems to be such a hit and miss for me and I don't do very many of them. Anyone else have as many issues as I do?
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Kellogg's

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No but the canada post issues are not surprising at all.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Actually I am missing a couple from when the strike was on but I gave up on those.

I received mail yesterday postmarked in kingston on feb 23 though so don't give up hope
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

No problems with MIR's but some other stuff can be really slow.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hate Canada Post! When I was getting married their strike started right when I sent out my wedding invites!!! I had to call like everyone on my list (200 people and more) to see if they were coming because people would send in their replys and I would not get them. After our wedding date I was still getting replys back, even after a month of being married!! Got married in Sept. and I should have gotten them back in Aug! And I mailed them out like earlier to just in case.

It could be Canada post, i would call them and see if they have any return mailed sent back to them that was suppose to go to your address.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This wedding invite thing happened with me too. We had already mailed out our invites but we didn't get a few of the reply cards from the foreign guests until after the wedding in July. Had to call several people to find out what was going on. Luckily, we only had 75 guests and not 200 like you!

There are several mailout freebies I have never received "Quaker Oatmeal FPC, Free Kashi when you buy Silk, Liberte yogurt" are a few examples. Don't know whether the problem is Canada Post or the mail room in our building

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    I hate Canada Post! When I was getting married their strike started right when I sent out my wedding invites!!! I had to call like everyone on my list (200 people and more) to see if they were coming because people would send in their replys and I would not get them. After our wedding date I was still getting replys back, even after a month of being married!! Got married in Sept. and I should have gotten them back in Aug! And I mailed them out like earlier to just in case.

It could be Canada post, i would call them and see if they have any return mailed sent back to them that was suppose to go to your address.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^I totally feel what you went through torontogal, I was so mad! And I would get even more mad when I would get on of my invites returned back to me saying Return to Sender -Moved Etc, and then I would call the person and they would be confused as their address was the same and never changed lol. I blamed our families lol. That is what happens when you have a italian/portugese wedding lol. To many people come. Also, people would be mad at me thinking I didn't invite them when I did but they never received their invite! UGGGHHH
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'll have to add PC Financial bonus points to my list. I was promised an extra 15,000 bonus points if I spent over $100 over Christmas but never got them. After I called in, they were added three weeks later though. Glad I kept the postcard to read the ad back to them though!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I guess I have been pretty lucky. Only missed few things, and that was when we had a substitue mailman. Our regular guy, Grant, I believe is one of the best that Canada Post has. He has been at his route for 12 years and actually cares about us and our building. He even leaves me an extra from time to time if he has samples for houses and has extras, as we are not suppose to get them in the condo here. He knows I coupon and if I have samples he will ring me while he is putting mail in the boxes to come down and have a look, lol.

I know how frustrating it can be thought, when you have purchased something, mainly because you will be getting it for free or actually making a bit of money when you get your rebate and then it doesn't show up. It pays to be nice to your mailman if you get lots of stuff coming to you. Every year I make Grant christmas cookies, give him a b-day card and also in summer will give him homemade lemonade if it is really hot out and I see his truck pull up

I'm sorry you are having so many problems with rebates. Sometime I wonder if some companies just want you to fill out the forms so they have your personal info, but have no intention of sending out anything.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We had an Italian/Canadian wedding and I was having none of that way too many guests from the Italian tradition. None of the "cousins you didn't know you had, but you only see them at weddings." It worked out with the replies and strike timing haha. Luckily we had already received most RSVP cards and only had to chase down about 5 to 10 people.

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    ^I totally feel what you went through torontogal, I was so mad! And I would get even more mad when I would get on of my invites returned back to me saying Return to Sender -Moved Etc, and then I would call the person and they would be confused as their address was the same and never changed lol. I blamed our families lol. That is what happens when you have a italian/portugese wedding lol. To many people come. Also, people would be mad at me thinking I didn't invite them when I did but they never received their invite! UGGGHHH
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I got my airwick mir back denied, the letter said I failed to write the UPC code on the back of the receipt, I thought carp! how could I mess up like that...flipped it over and there is was, hand written in pen on the back of my shoppers receipt. I'm sorry the back was so "busy" but lots of stores put their own crap on the backs of the receipts, but it would have taken 3 seconds of actual looking to find it. That turned me off of doing MRIs for new products that I wouldn't normally buy. And I especially wanted this one back because I didn't like the candle, a vastly overpriced waste of money.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL you were lucky then Torontogal! Our wedding was great, don't get me wrong it was the best day of our lives and it was everything we could have ever asked for, BUT the price tag was bad lol. Man I could have boought another house lol.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm still waiting on my physicians formula Mir that I sent in back in January ! :S
    Join Swagbucks & Superpoints and start redeeming for gift cards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/d3lovely1
    http://superpoints.com/refer/d3lovely1
    Enter Today's Draw's daily draws!! Lots of GCs to be won!
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=9913

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Vector shirt - check!
    Lysol rebate - check!
    Danone's Chatelaine promotion - still nothing!!! I think I'm going to give up on this one.

I guess I shouldn't have said rebates in the first post. It's the PIN codes I think I have the most issues with, but then, I suppose they forward it to a different department or a different company. Too many cooks spoil the pot?

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Still waiting on the astro yoga pants - they cashed my $4 shipping cheque.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information