User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 6 croissants 100% beurre pour 5$ chez Première Moisson (coupon imprimable).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

BTW, forgot where I read this a while back, but there was a poll done here in Montreal asking people where they found their favorite croissants, and while all the places mentioned in this thread were quoted by many, the first place winner was to McDonalds! They swear that the croissant at McCafe is great? Anyone try it there?!?
    I insisted to DH after reading many peoples' testimonies that I wanted to go, but we never tried it...

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    @Silk - they won't last it to the car! These are a sin to eat but sooo sooo good!
    That's what I'm afraid of, Georgia! nom nom nom.

I will just have to put a black sheet over the scale for a couple of weeks

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Fous desserts was one of the winner in La Presse last year. Never try anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    BTW, forgot where I read this a while back, but there was a poll done here in Montreal asking people where they found their favorite croissants, and while all the places mentioned in this thread were quoted by many, the first place winner was to McDonalds! They swear that the croissant at McCafe is great? Anyone try it there?!?
    I insisted to DH after reading many peoples' testimonies that I wanted to go, but we never tried it...
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Miaow, how can it be wrong: bread dough, butter and sugar. Menoum!
    But it is expensive, I think it was like 12$ or something...
    Anyway, you should absolutely called your cardiologist BEFORE eating.

the one actually called "Kouign Amman" or..? If it's that one, no, have not yet. Heard it's to die for!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

LOL @ cardiologist!!! Oh good thing you mentioned Fous Desserts! I went all the way there last year with metro (I was on a major food kick around then trying out a bunch of places). Anyway, I did not like their croissants!!! I was annoyed too, because everyone on another forum kept saying how good that place is, but honestly, I tried some pastries from there too as well as their chocolate, and besides costing me a small fortune, nope! I gave them a second try just for croissants this time and again, nothing special to me. I really prefer Mamie if I am going to go out of my way.

Disclaimer: I like my croissant to be flaky and have a rich buttery flavor. I believe these were neither lol.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Miaow: you know Mamie will open a branch in l'Ile-des-soeurs next month... Have you try the pistachio square...

LOL @ cardiologist!!! Oh good thing you mentioned Fous Desserts! I went all the way there last year with metro (I was on a major food kick around then trying out a bunch of places). Anyway, I did not like their croissants!!! I was annoyed too, because everyone on another forum kept saying how good that place is, but honestly, I tried some pastries from there too as well as their chocolate, and besides costing me a small fortune, nope! I gave them a second try just for croissants this time and again, nothing special to me. I really prefer Mamie if I am going to go out of my way.

Disclaimer: I like my croissant to be flaky and have a rich buttery flavor. I believe these were neither lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

NO I did not!! Awesome, that's closer even if it's across a bridge LOL. I thought they were opening several locations, but I don't think all of them worked out? Anyway, no, I haven't tried that particular pastry. I've tried so many but not that one. I also like their berry clafoutis. I love their almond croissants.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Finally I had my first croissant from Premiere Moisson! It smelled so buttery that I couldn't wait until getting home to try it. Totally liked it!

However, I did find it strange that they put the croissants directly in the plastic bag with the store logo on it. I thought they would put them in a paper bag or box first.
    AnnieP likes this.
    Looking for a new car? Want to know what's dealer's base cost and current rebates to obtain the best deal? I have reports from Car Cost Canada to trade.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Same here. The croissants were almost bigger then what the bag could hold.

Quote Originally Posted by felisha View Post
    Finally I had my first croissant from Premiere Moisson! It smelled so buttery that I couldn't wait until getting home to try it. Totally liked it!

However, I did find it strange that they put the croissants directly in the plastic bag with the store logo on it. I thought they would put them in a paper bag or box first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information