User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Police Officers and Indentifying themselves

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    What is shown in the video is no where near a riot. I see people there with their children. This is as peaceful as a protest gets. Judging by the lack of motivation for political, social, and economical change in Canada by citizens though, this would be considered on the scale of a mass riot in Canadian standards.

Your comment sums things up completely. I really don't think there is anything else I can say in this thread. I'm bowing out with this comment, it's spot on.

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

I have watched this video 2 times, I don't see this being any where close to peaceful, and I also can see that it was edited in some way. I personally think that more then one person should have been arrested. There is no way any one should be screaming in anyone's face at any time. If they want respect then they could have respectfully asked for the name tag, I seen there was one man with a beard who was talking to the cop and the cop pointed out his name tag, He showed the cop respect and he got respect in return.
    erin9mmm likes this.

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is there some reason why my posts were deleted? Would prefer to be notified before that happens again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Try pm-ing Sally888 or one of the other mods. they alone have to power to delete posts.
    Thank you.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Try pm-ing Sally888 or one of the other mods. they alone have to power to delete posts.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    1. The CBC is a Crown Corporation and owned by the Government of Canada so that alone is basis to wonder if their reporting is biased.
    2. A new code of conduct was unleashed on CBC employees that their union are trying to fight that says they can only report and speak of the Harper Government and their Ministers in good light.

So conclude as you will from the following article.
    I'll have to ask my friend who works for the CBC. Of course, if things were so strict with the new code of conduct, I would have heard an earfull (she's not a Tory ).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    From my outsider's POV, CBC is like BBC. Accused of having a pro-Conservative bias when the Liberals/Labour party are in power and accused to having a pro-Liberal/Labour bias when the Conservatives are in power.
    Yep, the ruling party rules the media...even if they get slammed in the papers/news/radio every day.

erin9mmm I agree with you the video is disgusting. The police instigated a peaceful demonstration and riled up a peaceful crowd the POLICE are disgusting. While you might not like the chants they were using (and I suspect anyone that supports the Conservatives wouldn't) anyone viewing that video sees a peaceful demonstration until Derek is arrested, than people get angry. People get angrier when they see police with no ID and refusing to ID themselves. The charges against Derek will be dropped because they are bogus.
    Maybe I'm missing something? I find it highly unnerving that folks are protesting in the middle of the street with cars going around them. No, it's not a riot, but playing in traffic is never a good idea (& this is long before the gentleman is arrested).
    FallenPixels and erin9mmm like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

After having just read a comment a few pages back and what a new person just wrote I have to say this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    If this were a "police state", then folks protesting a "bogus Govt" would not be able to have lively discussions on boards such as this.
    Umm tell that to a new person who had their comments in this thread deleted for no reason.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something? I find it highly unnerving that folks are protesting in the middle of the street with cars going around them. No, it's not a riot, but playing in traffic is never a good idea (& this is long before the gentleman is arrested).
    First, we weren't playing in traffic, we were protesting Second, the charge of inciting a riot is heavy and carries a heavy consequence and it's clearly not what was happening here. Charge him with Jaywalking or find a comparable charge of being in the street but don't trump charges up for inciting a riot. And since he wasn't the only person in the street if these "police" were being just and fair they either would have arrested everyone or no one at all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Good point. My tongue-in-cheek observation is that it has seemed to me for decades that the CBC is biased in favour of whatever party the accuser doesn't like! They are regularly accused of being pro-Conservative, pro-Liberal and pro-NDP....and often all on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by erin9mmm View Post
    I'm sorry but I found that video disgusting. I am 100% siding with the cops on this one. I think they showed incredible restraint! A great job on their part.

...From what I've always heard, cbc is liberal biased. This is the first I've seen them being accused of Conservative bias.
    erin9mmm and Darth Penguin like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    Is there some reason why my posts were deleted? Would prefer to be notified before that happens again.
    perhaps it was because you were being rude in parts of your posts telling ppl what to do ...this is not permitted on SC

Insulting or attacking another SmartCanucks member = BAN

I am not being rude towards you ...your posts were reported and I am telling you why.
    Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, May 9th, 2012 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added link
    Natalka and erin9mmm like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The mods have the right to remove posts that they seem not suitable for SC. SC is not a government run forum, and the owner and mods have the discretion to remove posts.

From Boo...
    "If you directly or indirectly, explicitly or implicitly attack, insult, mock, moderate or tell another Smartcanucks member what to do or not do while naming them or not mentioning their name in the Rants section or any other section on SmartCanucks you will be banned period.

No second chances... no warnings.... learn to be respectful and polite... life is too short to be rude to others.

We don't want negative people on Smartcanucks. We pride ourselves on being a positive stress free community and we want to remain that way. If you want the drama and negativity there are loads of other forums out there geared to your desires."
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    perhaps it was because you were being rude in parts of your posts telling ppl what to do ...this is not permitted on SC
    Not to tell you to do your job but perhaps you should inform a new person of that and not just delete them? It's very unwelcoming.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kparker1786 View Post
    After having just read a comment a few pages back and what a new person just wrote I have to say this lol

Umm tell that to a new person who had their comments in this thread deleted for no reason.
    A private message board does not equal the govt...

A private message board like this can have as many rules regarding what is and isn't posted as they like . and the admins/mods can define and redefine those rules as circumstances allow.
    Natalka likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    And you just did the same, so shouldn't you be reported as well? (I'm aware you're a Mod but you are seemingly like the police in this case)... I didn't TELL anyone what to do, I wasn't the one being rude, obviously. I was pointing out that people are bullying this poor girl over something that has nothing to do with the question.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Methinks perhaps SC is undergoing a technical glitch. I can view the last page if I'm logged out, but not if I'm logged in? I also tried to post, saw the post, refreshed & it was gone, reposted & it was there.

Maybe someone's telling me it's time to go to bed?

Hope everyone has a good night.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information